curious

Bristol, TN

#1 Jan 8, 2014
what was channel 11news doing at the Persia water dept today at 430pm/
Fed up

Smartt, TN

#2 Jan 8, 2014
I hope checking on the crap in the water that messes fixtures, pumps, dishes, water lines and probably people up. Even with a softener, a house cannot keep that hard water from ruining everything. Oh, but it "safe" to drink according to their tests.
Very Bad

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jan 8, 2014
I also live in Persia, we go through two or three coffee pots a year. Our dishwasher feels like sandpaper and has a bad white film on whatever you wash. I will not drink or cook with this water.
I think I'll have my water Tested...
neighbor

Clover, SC

#4 Jan 8, 2014
I have replace my washer water heater and entire water lines 3 times over 6000 dollars and they say tere knotting they can do
dropkikmejesus

Greensboro, NC

#5 Jan 8, 2014
Did ne one else get a letter from the Comptroller of the state of Tennessee at or around the beginning of last, before the older smug smartass woman left? The one I got was about reconnect fees that were never paid. I thought that was kinda strange and contacted the comptroller by phone. I have wondered how many other ppl received similar letters.
Facts

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jan 8, 2014
Older woman got a bill from Persia Water for just over $3000. Channel 11 reported on it.
truth

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jan 8, 2014
that's about right, the highest water in the state of tennessee. this has happened more then once out there. they will bring her in to there monthly meetings and give her a 20% discount and 30 days to pay it or they will cut her water off that's how they make there money. i think we would do alot better if we were on rogersville water instead of drinking that hard water from a hole in the ground behind there plant. at least rogersvlle water is clean and good to drink and a lot cheaper, example a family of 4 in persia will cost you $50.00 dollars a month were the same amount of water in rogersville will cost you maybe $23.00 a month.
opinion

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jan 8, 2014
the boss just has to keep him a new 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup every couple of years were he can do his farming with it out of the tax payers money paying these high dollar water bills. i think they all are to keep gov. tagged vechiles at work instead of letting people like this using our money to pay for his personal farm truck. they need to spend there own money for there personal vechile. he does not have a need for a 3/4 ton 4x4 on the job just to ride around in when he don't pull nothing at work or haul anything more then a shovel. all he needs is a 4cyl. pickup to do this. instead he takes it home and pulls his personal cattle trailer with it that's what these high dollar water bills pay for. i think we need a new board of dir. out there if they can't put a stop to this wasting money.
NOT RIGHT

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jan 8, 2014
a water bill of $3052.36 to a 78 year old woman that still works every day and Gary Newton wouldn't comment, what's up with that. all i see, must be time for another new farm truck. this ant even right, they are to fired him a long time ago for taking advantage of gov. money. if the board don't want to stop it then the county mayor who appoints the board should stop this right now. remember elections are coming up for the mayor seats.
pink

Knoxville, TN

#10 Jan 8, 2014
is anyone without water right now?
vicy

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jan 8, 2014
gary , charile know how to make money. I thought they were good people.
county mayor

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2014
NOT RIGHT wrote:
a water bill of $3052.36 to a 78 year old woman that still works every day and Gary Newton wouldn't comment, what's up with that. all i see, must be time for another new farm truck. this ant even right, they are to fired him a long time ago for taking advantage of gov. money. if the board don't want to stop it then the county mayor who appoints the board should stop this right now. remember elections are coming up for the mayor seats.
County mayor has nothing to do with it lol
vicy

Kingsport, TN

#13 Jan 13, 2014
http://www.wcrk.com/news/view_pages.asp...

Elderly woman forced to pay back $3,000 water bill

(WATE) Rogersville, TN - Thursday night, Angie Barrett took a stand for her mother Betty Luster, who is staring down a $3,000 water bill.

Barrett and her husband attended a Persia Utility District board meeting to appeal to the board and Superintendent, Gary Newton.

"If they would have just left her a note it would have been fixed then and then it would have took care of that 3000 dollars and we wouldn't have even had a problem with it," said Barrett.

But Newton said all his employees follow proper procedure.

"They look at the meter to see what it's doing and if wasn't doing nothing then they didn't think it had a problem," said Newton.

The board told Barrett there's nothing they could do.

Her mother now must pay $100 a month on top of her current water bill. Barrett plans to seek legal aid.

Ex Office Worker

Morristown, TN

#14 Jan 14, 2014
well first of all i am not mad casue i am not working there now, I am better off now staying at home, but I can tell youthat in this case usually 25% is taken off the bill. Grant it, they do not have to notify you nor do they have to discount their water, but sometimes it is not about the money, it is about doing the right thing. Anywa, i know for a fact that calss are made when water readings are high, and esp. to the people that have swimming pools that fill them up in the spring or during the summer. I know because i made these calls along with others. Do they have to, no, but it is customary in the office. Just my thoughts.
opinion

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jan 14, 2014
well i no for a fact ex office worker is telling the truth. i also know if you have a good name in the community the board will help you alot more. for as each person in the field that works there they are just like the mail carrier doing there job. they can only write down what they see on your water meter.and i know if they see you with a leak they will let you know if possible.
Uhm

Kingsport, TN

#16 Jan 14, 2014
I know that the last two posters are the same person. Same wording, no capitalization of the "I".... Sad.
Quit responding to yourself as another...
William

Bristol, TN

#19 Jan 15, 2014
You just better be glad your not on Lakeview Utility Districts Water because that man that is over it is a real card. A know it all, no mercy, tries to stir stuff up all the time, not sure how often hel bathes, but must not use soap when he does. Gary is a saint compared to this guy. your worst enemy
live close

United States

#20 Jan 15, 2014
I see that truck come past my house before five o'clock in the morning seven days a week. Must be going out and crawling under people's houses and creating leaks while they are sleeping. What other reason could there be for getting up so early?
fact

Kingsport, TN

#21 Jan 15, 2014
lakeview is high and they suck

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feral Hogs (Jul '09) 1 hr dumdeedum 21
Are you afraid of the police? (Feb '12) 1 hr Amazing 54
Tony fobber (Jul '14) 1 hr old acquaint 11
Men doing yard work accused of stealing generat... 3 hr Bulldog 1
david evans 3 hr omg 9
Debbie Arnold Carmack Hall 3 hr mel 2
City of Rogersville Help 4 hr Pearl Harbor 4
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl