"Water commission hires engineering f...

"Water commission hires engineering firm"

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2012
Rogersville Review: Midweek Edition, May 16, 2012

…“The sewer system faces a penalty of $76,000.00 for sewer overflows and violations and must submit a “Corrective Action Plan – Engineering Report by July 10,….”

“I’m going to ask the board for approval to enter into a contract with C2RL Engineers to do an evaluation of our sewer system…told commission members at Monday’s meeting, with approval given without discussion.”

“The Striggersville and Rogersville merger, requested by the smaller utility’s board, still needs state approval…”

Accurate reporting by the reporter of actual events, comments and level of discussion…

“Without discussion” could lead a person to believe that everything is known and understood by all responsible parties involved and the vote is just a formality… I would be very disappointed if sometime in the future a comment would be made of “I didn’t know.”

1. Sure hope this contract includes the Sewer Overflow Response Plan (SORP), due within same 90 day period and the Comprehensive Capacity Management, Operations, and Maintenance Program (CMOM) that is due within 120 days.

http://environment-online.state.tn.us :8080/pls/enf_reports/f?p=9001 :651:1730136350630305::NO::P65 1_ORDER_ID:14425

2.§ TCA 7-82-202:“Petitions for a merger or consolidation of utility districts or for a consolidation of a utility district with a municipality or county under subsections (e) and (f) shall be filed with the utility management review board simultaneously with the filing of the petition with the county mayor or mayors under subsections (e) and (f), but are not subject to approval or disapproval by the utility management review board as set forth in § 7-82-201(a) and subsection (a).”
native Hawkinscountian

United States

#2 May 17, 2012
Tim Carwile wrote:
Rogersville Review: Midweek Edition, May 16,
Accurate reporting by the reporter of actual events, comments and level of discussion…
“Without discussion” could lead a person to believe that everything is known and understood by all responsible parties involved and the vote is just a formality… I would be very disappointed if sometime in the future a comment would be made of “I didn’t know.”
evidently you ain't from 'round here.Local government operates on the don't ask don't tell system. Plausible deny-ability such as I didn't know.I don't remember. I didn't understand.Nobody told me.
Lmao

Sevierville, TN

#3 May 18, 2012
Now Tim, You keep telling the truth and some folks might push you into running for office again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good for the Brits 3 hr Hold Fast 12
Mike & Lisa Eidson car wreck 3 hr peach tree 6
Hawkins County Sheriffs Department 4 hr SimplyPut 5
The GOP bathroom boogyman 5 hr Wingnut 1
Donald Trump vs Charles Manson 5 hr Wingnut 1
Conservative vocabulary lesson 5 hr Wingnut 1
meth bust (Aug '13) 5 hr JGDDA 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages