cherokee junior commits suicide
Sad

Ringgold, GA

#25 Sep 12, 2013
People that bully others have personal issues with themselves. We need to keep a check on our children and see how they react to things. This will give you much insight on where they stand in their growth transitioning into a teen and so on. Pay attention to your children.
curious

United States

#26 Sep 12, 2013
Thats how i knew somethinh was up with my child. She was a and b student and grades started going down then i noticed a difference n her attitude so i questioned her and she told me. Thats when i went to the school but they did nothing but i changed her school and now everything is great. Pay attention to your.childs behavior and it will let u see something is wrong. When this happened to my child she was just.11. The teachers need to pay attention too thats why their there and they claim no bullying but still dont do nothing but stay on phone or computer
wat

Knoxville, TN

#27 Sep 13, 2013
You all also need to consider the possibility that he wasn't bullied, but dealing with severe depression. It's a chemical imbalance that often requires medication to handle it. We need better education on the topic, at school and at home. We also need to understand that depression isn't something that fixes itself, nor is it something that indicates the victim is/was a bad person, or crazy, or any of those other terrible stereotypes.

That being said, yes something needs to be done about bullying. When I was still in school in Surgoinsville I was bullied mercilessly, hit, laughed at, excluded, and harassed - and not one fucking teacher ever stepped in to help, even when they saw it going on or when I went to get help. They saw the bruises, they just did nothing. Oh yeah, this wasn't like in the 50s... this was late 90s to early 2000s.
sad

Blountville, TN

#28 Sep 13, 2013
bullying can carry up to the same as assault they conceder it as verbal assault I think the boys should be punished
Josh

Shelby, NC

#29 Sep 13, 2013
What kid's need to do is identifying these bullys ! Everyone throws everyone else's names on here. Step up and don't worry about being a nark, it could save a life. Don't stand by and do nothing.
Trish

United States

#30 Sep 13, 2013
wat wrote:
You all also need to consider the possibility that he wasn't bullied, but dealing with severe depression. It's a chemical imbalance that often requires medication to handle it. We need better education on the topic, at school and at home. We also need to understand that depression isn't something that fixes itself, nor is it something that indicates the victim is/was a bad person, or crazy, or any of those other terrible stereotypes.
That being said, yes something needs to be done about bullying. When I was still in school in Surgoinsville I was bullied mercilessly, hit, laughed at, excluded, and harassed - and not one fucking teacher ever stepped in to help, even when they saw it going on or when I went to get help. They saw the bruises, they just did nothing. Oh yeah, this wasn't like in the 50s... this was late 90s to early 2000s.
I'm so sorry for the treatment you had endure at school. I was also given a hard time, laugh at and excluded. I still think about that sometimes. Its very very hard to put that behind you. I have also dealt with depression. Know one knows of this. I have never even told a Dr. Its so very hard. I was afraid i would bring shame to my family.I will pray for the young man and his family.
Truth

Morristown, TN

#31 Sep 13, 2013
Kids get bullied for so many different reasons these days. For me when I was a kid I got bullied for being poor. My parents worked but couldn't afford me "name brand" clothes. I wore dirty shoes and dingy handy down clothes. I had so many thoughts of suicide when I was a kid. I know how he felt. I know how it is to be hurt by other class mates. I don't even know this kid or know his family but I have thought about him all day and even cried last night when I heard about what happened. This is a awful thing. The kids that bullied him should have to beg his parents for forgiveness. ;(
question much

Morristown, TN

#32 Sep 13, 2013
Just a question, Do we KNOW that is why he felt the need to take his life for sure? The saddest part is the loss of a beautiful child!
shedding a tear

Shelby, NC

#33 Sep 13, 2013
question much wrote:
Just a question, Do we KNOW that is why he felt the need to take his life for sure? The saddest part is the loss of a beautiful child!
apparently it was due to bullying they handed out white ribbons to make a stand against bullying for this incident. I wonder if th is was a problem that had been complained about to the administration. Just couldn't take the pressure. Parents need to relize that sometimes kids just need someone to listen not to b judgemental not to make comments but just sit and let em talk to you. Just let them know your there for them and if they need someone JUST TO LISTEN AND NOTHING ELSE then you will always be there for them. It is probably the hardest thing to not comment or judge but some times this is what is needed by them. If you do this then they will know no matter what they can turn to you with any prob they're having. GOD BLESS AND COMFORT THIS FAMILY AND ALL OUR CHILDREN AND THOSE RAISING THEM
outrageous

Kingsport, TN

#36 Sep 13, 2013
IF this is true, they should round up the kids responsible, and prosecute them, make an example of them. Something has to be done, if the principals and teachers are not going to step up and stop bullying when they know about it.
sally

Morristown, TN

#37 Sep 13, 2013
Did they do anything special to remember him at the game tonight?
Shame

United States

#38 Sep 14, 2013
No one in that school will do one damn thing. Those who knew of the bullying and did nothing are just as guilty as the bullies. You know who you are. They need an "office of bullying" just to begin to deal with this deadly issue. I'll bet they do nothing like always.
Just asking

Greenville, SC

#40 Sep 14, 2013
Wasn't his dad a school board member?
carl edwards

Johnson City, TN

#41 Sep 14, 2013
When I was a kid, bullying was a normal, accepted part of life. Sometimes you bullied other kids, sometimes other kids bullied you. It was no big deal, because this is exactly what immature kids do. It's a normal part of growing up.

If you got bullied, you dealt with it. You didn't go tattling to teacher, or running home to mommy and daddy, or jumping off a building like a coward running away from a fight. Because you don't run away.

And in the end, if you got a few hard knocks, it made you a better person because it showed you how to toughen up. And that is a good lesson for little children to learn if they are to survive in the real world.

But unfortunately somewhere along the way the pussy Liberals got involved. They didn't want to "offend" anybody, or "emotionally damage" the children with inhumane bullying.

And so today children can't even call each other names or tease each other, because their "hate speech" might offend someone.

"Hey kids, let's all just get along, like good little Liberal robots!"

Which is exactly why the schools introduced "behavior modification techniques" such as the zero tolerance policy: if one of your classmates decides to come up to you and wallop you, even if you are an innocent victim, you cannot defend yourself. You aren't allowed to hit back.

In fact, because of the Liberals in the school system, the victim is the one who gets in trouble for a fight, not the person who started the fight.

Now why is that?

Because most of these Liberal policies originated in schools like the ones in Atlanta or Memphis where there are a huge number of young, out-of-control, aggressive, black males who are constantly instigating trouble. And when a black kid instigates trouble, the white victim is the one who is punished. Sort of resembles how things work in the adult world, isn't it?

I think you'll find that this is exactly why the Liberal controlled media, the Liberal controlled schools, and our Liberal government are in such a hurry to blame everything on "bullying".

So some mentally disturbed emo kid on anti-depressants commits suicide. And the very next day Obama comes out and blames it all on bullying.

In fact, King Hussein Darkie is spending millions of dollars on ad campaigns to promote awareness of the problem of bullying.

Guess what. Bullying is not the problem that Liberals make it out to be. And in fact President Darkie doesn't really even give a crap about bullying. The fact of the matter is that Obama wants to raise your taxes so he can dump a hundred billion dollars into solving a problem THAT DOESN'T EVEN EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Obama and the Liberals want to come in and take over the schools, because they know better than you on how to raise your children.

Bullying is a LIE propagated by the Liberals.

Hope and Change.

It's all a LIE.
again

Kingsport, TN

#42 Sep 14, 2013
Carl do you know how fucking stupid you sound?

I'm seriously wondering, because everyone else can see it, and if you can't then you have real problems.

This line in particular is just hilarious...."And when a black kid instigates trouble, the white victim is the one who is punished."

You do understand that prisons are full of mostly blacks right? Not whites that got in trouble for being victims?

You're whole rant is borderline insane and completely retarded.

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#43 Sep 14, 2013
I don't think Carl sounds all that stupid, I got bullied, everybody gets bullied, what has happened to parents telling their kids "go take your part" stand up for yourself, who gives a shit what people are saying about you? When did someone's opinion of you, or someone liking you get so important? Why not just tell kids when other kids say hurtful things, tell them to fuck off and die. I hate kids get bullied but the best defense is just get tough. How will kids make it if they even live through being called names? I am not taking up for the bullies, but getting tough and letting things roll off your back takes away the bullies power. Only the strong survive

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#44 Sep 14, 2013
Snow Job

Monterey, TN

#45 Sep 14, 2013
If you[all] want to talk about bullies it would be best to startany there topic and get of this one show some respect if you know how.
real world

Simpsonville, SC

#46 Sep 14, 2013
Moonshine As I Understand Hawkins County Policy, If A Student Hits Another Student, And The Second Student Hits The First One Back, They Both Get In Trouble. There Is No "Taking Up For Oneself" Allowed. This Is Wrong, And It Perpetrates Bullying, Because The Bullying Has No Consequences. When Parents Of Victims Start Bringing Lawsuits Against The Schools, The parents Of The Bullies, And The Bullies Themselves, Then The Policy Will Change. I Agree With Your Statement,That Sometimes We Have To Just Take Up For Ourselves, But The Schools Have Apparently Found It Easier And Faster TopPunish Both The Instigating Bullies AND the Victims.
carl edwards

Johnson City, TN

#47 Sep 14, 2013
again wrote:
Carl do you know how fucking stupid you sound?
I'm seriously wondering, because everyone else can see it, and if you can't then you have real problems.
This line in particular is just hilarious...."And when a black kid instigates trouble, the white victim is the one who is punished."
You do understand that prisons are full of mostly blacks right? Not whites that got in trouble for being victims?
You're whole rant is borderline insane and completely retarded.
Most people agree with everything I say, they are just afraid to speak up because their support of my views will make them a target for Liberals like yourself.

People like you always mischaracterize people like me as "stupid" or "crazy" or "bigotted", just because you don't agree with what I have to say.

Well, you sound exactly like a school bully. You, not me.

Guess what. I know how to deal with school bullies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censored post on $437,000 Cherokee H.S. elevator 2 hr Realist 41
Dylan Heck 2 hr Todd 2
msty burns 4 hr Kayla 4
David Burr 4 hr Tisha 3
Question for Dr spek 9 hr Jas 15
Mind Control & Torture!!! Look that up and tell... (Oct '15) 9 hr Jas 40
Burn can (Jul '15) 9 hr Jas 12

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance