So there is a terrible teacher at rog...
A Local

Kingsport, TN

#21 Sep 17, 2010
Well Mark has never used the G*D* term in front of me. I've never heard him use obscenities at all. I'm skeptical that he uses bad language in front of his students and not in front of adults he knows since the typical situation is to be the opposite. Adults watch their language around kids but let loose when around adults.

And if this really happened, how many students are in that class, 25? How many of the others heard this? None?
A Local

Kingsport, TN

#22 Sep 17, 2010
I think I have heard him say "shit" though, but is that even offensive? Even the pastor uses that one nowadays.
enough already

Columbia, TN

#23 Sep 17, 2010
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt say you were a liar. I said the child that got on here using the screen name RMS Mom is a liar. I said you were a clueless idiot dingbat for not being able to assertain the truth when its plain as day to anyon else with about double digit IQ. Your child probly did lie too since he OR SHE knows what an idiot pushover living in denial of reality second class citizen you are. So you make an huge a$$ outa yourself not only at the school but on here as well. Good job mom.
Now go back and re-read the initial post on this and tell me you STILL think its a parent that wrote that and not some punk kid stirrin sh##. If you still do then you there is really no hope for you OR YOUR CHILD in this lifetime.
Not that this is even worth responding to, but the reality of it is that whether RMS mom is a child or not, I myself have personally seen and experienced this from Mahoney. Any adult with this kind of attitude toward children doesn't need to be in his position. As far as making an a$$ out of myself, if you call defending my child (or yours) against belittling and name calling by a person in authority, then thank you, I am indeed a very proud parent.
your right

Martin, TN

#24 Sep 17, 2010
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
damn woman get a clue! the teacher didnt use that kind of laungauge it was obviously a little middle school twirp gettin on hear pretending to be a parent making sh@@ up. Are you really that clueless? I agree with you the child has no supervision or guidance at home. He needs his little butt busted for telling lies on his authority figures.
How on earth do YOU know this didn't happen? Were YOU there?Do YOU have a child in his class?The majority of us try to raise our children right.They are taught to tell when something wrong is happening to them or around them.You are probably some pencil pushing geek who has no kids.YOU are the one that is clueless.
reality check

Johnson City, TN

#25 Sep 17, 2010
your right wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a child in his class this year and before anyone spouts off, no he or she is not a trouble maker.He or she gets good grades and is actually doing well in his class.With that being said,I have been told several times this year about him cussing during class.I do not agree with that.It may have been a student to make the inital post but this child is not lying.I am amazed at how adults automatically jump to the defense of teachers.They are not perfect and make mistakes as we all do.Parents really need to listen to their kids.If you don't have a child in the school or class being discussed then you really are clueless about the situation.Don't jump on the kids.
"enough already" and "your right" is the same person. Such pitiful desperation is comical.
your right

Martin, TN

#26 Sep 17, 2010
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
"enough already" and "your right" is the same person. Such pitiful desperation is comical.
lol,boy you are clueless!
reality check

Johnson City, TN

#27 Sep 17, 2010
enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that this is even worth responding to, but the reality of it is that whether RMS mom is a child or not, I myself have personally seen and experienced this from Mahoney. Any adult with this kind of attitude toward children doesn't need to be in his position. As far as making an a$$ out of myself, if you call defending my child (or yours) against belittling and name calling by a person in authority, then thank you, I am indeed a very proud parent.
NO you havent experienced or wittnessed anything close to what the little punk "RMS MOM" said he did. Even the comments YOUR child said he said were not really worthy of a trip to the school. If my child were in his class I would INSIST that if my child didnt try hard enogh that the teacher make my childs life hell untill he or she did. I expect and demand great things outa my child and if my child is being lazy then you are doggone right I want a teacher that will push them to succeed and try their hardest. Appearantly you are just wanting a glorified kumbaya babysitter for yours. THE TEAHCER NEVER SAID GD!!! And he never said your child was in a class of idiot all on his own. Didn't happen.
A Local

Kingsport, TN

#28 Sep 17, 2010
your right wrote:
<quoted text>
How on earth do YOU know this didn't happen? Were YOU there?Do YOU have a child in his class?
Myself I figure even if it happened the kid must have done something to bring it on.

But I don't think it happened.

As far as the original post, if that is the parent for real then the parent is half retarded based on their spelling and grammar. Intelligence is hereditary so we can safely assume the child is retarded as well. Get that child into a special education class where he belongs mom.

And if the post is by the child, well then he is already a liar for pretending to be someone else, why should be believe anything else he says?
enough already

Columbia, TN

#29 Sep 17, 2010
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>
NO you havent experienced or wittnessed anything close to what the little punk "RMS MOM" said he did. Even the comments YOUR child said he said were not really worthy of a trip to the school. If my child were in his class I would INSIST that if my child didnt try hard enogh that the teacher make my childs life hell untill he or she did. I expect and demand great things outa my child and if my child is being lazy then you are doggone right I want a teacher that will push them to succeed and try their hardest. Appearantly you are just wanting a glorified kumbaya babysitter for yours. THE TEAHCER NEVER SAID GD!!! And he never said your child was in a class of idiot all on his own. Didn't happen.
All I will say to this is that I hope and pray that you don't ever have any children of your own. If you do, I hope God gives them more knowledge and insight than you got, it looks they are going to face this world on their own.
reality check

Johnson City, TN

#30 Sep 17, 2010
You are sooo right local. not only that but look at how late this child was allowed to stay up last night unsupervised on the computer posting this? Also the irony is not lost on me that I have helped to contribute to this weasel troublemakers glee because when he gets home from school today and sees all these grown ups arguing about his big fat lies then he will probly pi$$ his pants with joy over all the sh$$ he was able to stir.
reality check

Johnson City, TN

#31 Sep 17, 2010
enough already wrote:
<quoted text>
All I will say to this is that I hope and pray that you don't ever have any children of your own. If you do, I hope God gives them more knowledge and insight than you got, it looks they are going to face this world on their own.
And yours are gonna be emotionally crippled hen-pecked momma's boys who do not possess the know how to succeed in this world. When they are still living in your basement at 27 years old you will have no one to blame but yourself for the worthless pigs you fostered into being. What are you gonna do when a boss has to get on to them someday momma? You gonna go down there and give big bad boss man a piece of your mind for hurtin your younguns feelings? puleeeeze. Parents like you only serve to contribute to the downfall of society. Our kids are coddled and babied so much to the point of ineffectivness in the real world. sickening.
Mom Too

Cookeville, TN

#32 Sep 17, 2010
My son had Mr. Mahoney last year and absolutely loved him. He made learning fun and interesting. He inspired my child and that is not something you get much of these days in the public school system. My son is now in honors English and History at the High School.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Mahoney on a few occasions. He was very respectful and genuinely cares about these kids. I thought he was a fantastic teacher and I doubt the validity of the claims made by the OP.
metal head

Sevierville, TN

#33 Sep 17, 2010
I KNOW .45's at 20 paces
teacher myself

Waterloo, Canada

#34 Sep 17, 2010
If you feel there is a problem, simply report this to his principal and bring it before the county board of education. Call your district's board member and have it placed on the agenda for discussion. If he does in fact use foul language in class, it violates his contract and he can be terminated.
teacher myself

Warwick, RI

#35 Sep 17, 2010
But be careful because if in fact this was a lie, you and whomever started this forum and stated that he cussed in class are legally liable for damages... Eye for and eye...as they say...
Erkle

United States

#36 Sep 18, 2010
What difference does it make? There isn't anyone in this area capable of raising an intelligent child to begin with. Education dollars in east tn is a waist of money.
Emmie

Mount Juliet, TN

#37 Sep 18, 2010
Erkle wrote:
What difference does it make? There isn't anyone in this area capable of raising an intelligent child to begin with. Education dollars in east tn is a waist of money.
I think you mean "waste" of money. This glaring error makes your statement hilarious. By the way, I am a proud product of Hawkins County Schools.
A Teacher

Kings Mountain, NC

#38 Sep 18, 2010
Some advice:
Parents, if your child's teacher is using profanity in the classroom, then it is YOUR responsibility to find out if it's true or not. Also, I am an 8th garde teacher and if you have not figured out that 8th graders lie, then you have bigger problems than lying children. While I love 8th graders and I love the subject, I also know that 8th graders/teen agers lie. They do it to try you and I, they have to!

If your child is in this man's class and he is carrying on as you say and you have done nothing, then you should be ashamed of yourself! And you should hold yourself half accountable for anything bad that happens in that class because you hold some power to stop it. You should be ashamed of yourself for not doing something about it.
Anonymous

Williston, SC

#39 Sep 20, 2010
RMS Mom wrote:
the teacher is Mark Mahoney he is the 8th grade english teacher. he is a good teacher in some ways but he has a terrible timper. my son was in class one day & he started cussing another student because he didnt do good enough on a interview project. "if you dont try in my G** D*** class i will go out of my way to make your life a liveing h***!", said Mahoney wow real profesinal.
If a parent had a complaint about a teacher and reported to the principal or central office there would be an investigation and any warranted action would be taken. This is not subjective, it is a fact. Since Mr. Mahoney continues to teach and parents on this forum have come forward to say he is a brilliant educator, it is apparent that the entire issue has been blown out of proportion. Literature teachers use different contextual comparisons to help students understand and grasp complex concepts and uses of the English language. As a former educator I have seen innocent uses of language twisted into things that are profane. As for the teacher having a bad temper, it is so frustrating to try to make improvements in the quality of a students future and they or their parents misjudge his intentions. This is not temper it is disappointment in good intentions being spit upon by the very one you are trying to help.
teacher retiring

Havixbeck, Germany

#40 Sep 21, 2010
Freedom of speech is one thing but you guys are slanderous! You live in a town that I have looked forward to being my home after retirement! I am ashamed of you! I have taught for 34 years and there are procedures to file complaints and a chain of command that should be followed. This venue is unnessary and it should be stopped. I am appalled!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches among us 1 hr Ralph 8
Dr. Chris Calendine arrested. 1 hr Just saying 1
Romas 2 hr Pebbles 37
FREE pit bull puppies to good home (Jan '16) 2 hr Southern Momma 17
who sued Buddy Baird ? (Jun '15) 3 hr Hawkins County Crook 8
Upscale Fitness Center Coming 4 hr Smoked up 9
Gary Simpson 8 hr Reality Check 39

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance