spanking your child
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
aaa

United States

#42 Sep 18, 2012
Academy Award actor wrote:
You notice the trend that any time evidence surfaces to the contrary of his view, you know, what they call an inconvenient truth, he slides into this mode of calling the kid an unruly brat and calling the parents spineless pusssies.
A very noticeable pattern.
For him, this thread is hardly about wanting to discuss the philosophy of spanking and more and more about his frustration of not being able to throttle every kid in public that he sees acting up.
your are so stupid with the comments you have made already, you have more than enough made yourself look that way.al you have shown is that you have no class. I agree with a previous statement, your poor parents to have conceived a child like yourself.
I know

United States

#43 Sep 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Hehehe.....
I just showed you that, mentally, at age 16, I won when going up against my own mother. And your solution to the "sophisticated kid" is the "stupid parent" approach of beating the kid more? You are classic example of why society does not trust the parental spanker anymore, and why old fashioned household discipline ends up in court nowadays. You are hurting your own cause with your mouth.
Save us the Forrest Gump act.
PS, was it on a cocktail napkin that custody of 3 kids was given to you? With those kind of legal documents, who needs lawyers?
Your parents should of beat the devil out of you. You are so stupid if you think how kids are being raised these days don't effect you. This is my curse on you....I hope some you teenage boys ruffs you up. then come on here and tell me were the parenting went wrong maybe they will rape you. beat you black and blue or worse kill you, or at least hope you die so you don't have to endure more pain that they inflection your body before you pass out. dieing would be better even if you live, nightmares will be with you for life
somewhere

Johnson City, TN

#44 Sep 30, 2012
Damm!!!
History Repeats Itself

Cameron, MO

#45 Sep 30, 2012
Parenting starts the moment a child is born.

Parable:
When an cute little elephant is born. The poor baby elephant's caretaker puts a 'collar' around its foot and chains it to a stake to teach it to stay put. The cute little baby elephant learns that it cannot get away until the caretaker unchains it and allows it to go about freely, within limits set by the caretaker. Daily as the caretaker works with the cute baby elephant, the elephant learns 'his space' and the 'caretakers space', and get's 'disciplined' and 'rewarded' a variety of ways as it learns to function as the caretaker wants it to.

Later the grown 24 ton elephant, when tethered to a stake by a relativly small chain, stays put, and when being handled by it's caretaker that is now a fraction of it's size, respects the 'caretakers' space, and doesn't run over him maming or killing him.

Why is this? Because the elephant 'thinks' he cannot break away from the state, and has learned to 'respect' the caretaker.

Children are not being trained as babies. Parents think they are too cute to be disciplined, told 'NO', spanked, etc. Parents wait until they ave a "24 ton" teenager that 'runs over them', and become what we are seeing today.

Spanking a 16 year old is not going to work. But a 16 year old can by psycologically 'spanked' by given 'choices', and allowing the 16 year old to 'live' to consequences of those 'choices' good & bad. Many of these choices will result in hard 'spankings', but it will be self-enduced, which can be the most significant and far-reaching lessons.

Problem: Parents become involved and try to 'soften' the 'spanking' and the lesson to be learned is thwarted. Parents have to practice 'though love'.

Often, the 'child' will try to 'punish' the parent. They will seem to hate the parent, blame the parent. It will be years, often not until the child becomes a parent themselves (at age 30 - 40 years old) will they understand the 'lessons'.

Hang in there parents...remember when God threw Adam and Eve out of the Garden. He said, "be fruitful and multiply".(God was angry when he said it) LOL
Yo Mama Obama

Cape Coral, FL

#46 Sep 30, 2012
Don't worry about these children your ruler will see to their welfare; just remember "an aborted baby never requires discipline"

Praise Allah and his prophet
why

United States

#47 Sep 30, 2012
Yo Mama Obama wrote:
Don't worry about these children your ruler will see to their welfare; just remember "an aborted baby never requires discipline"
Praise Allah and his prophet
screw your so called allah and his prophets. Have you ever looked on the internet and seen what happens to a baby when its aborted.I wish they made these women and teenagers watch films on it, I bet over 50 percent of the would view the way they think. Killing a life born or unborn is still life.
Uhh

United States

#48 Sep 30, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>screw your so called allah and his prophets. Have you ever looked on the internet and seen what happens to a baby when its aborted.I wish they made these women and teenagers watch films on it, I bet over 50 percent of the would view the way they think. Killing a life born or unborn is still life.
Let's ask Mitt Romney. He should know very well what happens to aborted babies since he made tons of money disposing of the aborted fetuses. One little detail that clowns like "mama Obama" like to ignore.
me_gwg

Saskatoon, Canada

#49 Oct 28, 2012
I am just here to research comments to see how people think. These comments are all very interesting. This last fellow,well,I dont quite understand your attitude that if you haven't any kids, it is not your problem, what other kids do.
Well listen to what you are saying there, the kid's of this world affect everyone they come into contact with. Even though they were not my kid's, the ones that backed into my fence while stealing a truck affected me.
It is too bad this individual had his hand hit in a dishwasher, that is just not normal. But I do believe that disciplining your child the old fashioned way turned kids out a lot more respectfully that what you see today, it is out of control.
We were even taught to shake someone's hand in greeting which I still carry out today, how many out there do that? there is no more respect. I am just trying to research as to when exactly this all changed. Was it the 60's, the flower power, the weed, not a care in the world, then having children trying to reason instead of using disciplin and so the cycle starts? I don't know. But somewhere things broke down and it will be so hard to reverse.
Anti Walmart

United States

#50 Oct 29, 2012
not right wrote:
<quoted text>I have a eight year old that keeps taking money from my purse. I have grounded him, taken his xbox and stuff like that away from him and he still keeps taking my money,he said that his friend does it all the time to his mom. he knows its stealing,but he still does it know matter where i put my purse. I told him today i was going to have his father whip him and he said he would call 911 and get us for child abuse.So what am i to do. show him the difference between child abuse and a but whooping. who's running my house the parents or the children. i was also raised with a firm hand when need be, but know days with these laws its like i have no control.As parents what are we to do....
I would call the police and get him for stealing.
why

United States

#52 Nov 9, 2012
[QUOTE who="me gwgI am just here to research comments to see how people think. These comments are all very interesting. This last fellow,well,I don't quite understand your attitude that if you haven't any kids, it is not your problem, what other kids do.
Well listen to what you are saying there, the kid's of this world affect everyone they come into contact with. Even though they were not my kid's, the ones that backed into my fence while stealing a truck affected me.
It is too bad this individual had his hand hit in a dishwasher, that is just not normal. But I do believe that disciplining your child the old fashioned way turned kids out a lot more respectfully that what you see today, it is out of control.
We were even taught to shake someone's hand in greeting which I still carry out today, how many out there do that? there is no more respect. I am just trying to research as to when exactly this all changed. Was it the 60's, the flower power, the weed, not a care in the world, then having children trying to reason instead of using discipline and so the cycle starts? I don't know. But somewhere things broke down and it will be so hard to reverse.[/QUOTE]I am glad someone has common since, you were raised as i was, nd kids these days are out of control, no respect,values,morals,ethics self worth. If we have kids know day running our country were screwed. i started this topic and these people are so blind to whats going on its unreal.
Oh So True

United States

#53 Nov 11, 2012
I think what is shows is no two kids are really the same, and they simply wont respond to physical discipline the same way. For one kid, it might be effective, for another, its a joke. Its like snowflakes, no two are ever identical. Its like the human body itself, physiologically, no two are ever alike. One person can eat like a pig and never gain weight, and its totally different for the next guy. One woman can get pregnant so easily, the next woman cannot get pregnant to save their life.
If at 16, I was able to come up with a response on the fly like that, and control my mother on the spot, then perhaps her use of a displine approach more suitable for a 10-year-old was not the right tool for her to reach for in that situation as a parent.
And this is where the trouble brews. Physical discipline is never a one-size-fits-all solution. On the extrmes, some kids are too sophisticated, and other times, parents are too stupid and go way too far. It might work beautifully for one particular parent/child relationship, but in the next relationship, it just might border on child abuse.
I agree that spanking plays a role in upbringing. I have no problem with it, per se. However, it takes the right parenting to pull it off, and many parents are lacking in that area.
The old timers who think spanking will cure all the ills of society simply are to deep into this one-size-fits-all fantasy.
You are so right, no 2 kids are alike. I would start crying before my Mother got close to me, my sister could have been beat to death and she would have never shed a tear. I have two girls, the older one I could have spanked everyday and it would have done no good, the youngest has never, had a spanking

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR15 inventor didn't intend it for civilians (Jun '16) 1 hr pudding tame 20
Life 1 hr Wondering 16
House for rent 6 hr Ur nosey 8
Frenchie tom synder and melinda enix 8 hr idk the answer 10
Liar in chief 11 hr truth 37
Trump is soooooo Busted 11 hr truth 13
People asking for money in the walmart parking lot (Mar '12) 11 hr Who else cares 96

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages