spanking your child
seems

United States

#22 Sep 14, 2012
Academy Award actor wrote:
If you don't have kids, then what the f is your problem with what other kids do?
I am in my mid 40s, and the worst thing I did to my parents when they disciplined me was fake a wrist injury. I think I was 16 or so, my mother was mad as hell at me for some reason, and she slammed the door of the dishwasher on my wrist. The seals around the door are all thickly padded, so it didn't hurt me a bit, but I faked that I couldn't move my wrist. Lemme tell you, she got scared. She waited until my dad came in the house, discussed it with him, and he came to check out my wrist. I moved a couple of fingers just an ever so tiny bit, and I could hear the relief flood out of her. And that was the last time she ever did that.
Maybe at age sixteen you apparently still needed to have a little more meanness beat out of you. Your poor mother.
Academy Award actor

Johnson City, TN

#23 Sep 14, 2012
I think what is shows is no two kids are really the same, and they simply wont respond to physical discipline the same way. For one kid, it might be effective, for another, its a joke. Its like snowflakes, no two are ever identical. Its like the human body itself, physiologically, no two are ever alike. One person can eat like a pig and never gain weight, and its totally different for the next guy. One woman can get pregnant so easily, the next woman cannot get pregnant to save their life.

If at 16, I was able to come up with a response on the fly like that, and control my mother on the spot, then perhaps her use of a displine approach more suitable for a 10-year-old was not the right tool for her to reach for in that situation as a parent.

And this is where the trouble brews. Physical discipline is never a one-size-fits-all solution. On the extrmes, some kids are too sophisticated, and other times, parents are too stupid and go way too far. It might work beautifully for one particular parent/child relationship, but in the next relationship, it just might border on child abuse.

I agree that spanking plays a role in upbringing. I have no problem with it, per se. However, it takes the right parenting to pull it off, and many parents are lacking in that area.

The old timers who think spanking will cure all the ills of society simply are to deep into this one-size-fits-all fantasy.
why

United States

#24 Sep 14, 2012
If you don't have kids, then what the f is your problem with what other kids do?
I am in my mid 40s, and the worst thing I did to my parents when they disciplined me was fake a wrist injury. I think I was 16 or so, my mother was mad as hell at me for some reason, and she slammed the door of the dishwasher on my wrist. The seals around the door are all thickly padded, so it didn't hurt me a bit, but I faked that I couldn't move my wrist. Lemme tell you, she got scared. She waited until my dad came in the house, discussed it with him, and he came to check out my wrist. I moved a couple of fingers just an ever so tiny bit, and I could hear the relief flood out of her. And that was the last time she ever did that.
I don't have to have kids to have a opinion. And it does effect me and others when their kids are disrespectful, rude, thieves,druggies,ad violent. so for you to say why do i care shows how f**king clueless you are. and no mother should be slamming the any door on kids arm, you had to do something or she wouldn't be mad at you. well you admit you were a liar at the age of sixteen what else where you.Just because i don't have kid, doesn't mean i haven't helped raise quite a few, yes they didn't like me much because i was stricken with them. But know that their older an on their own. everyone of them said if i wasn't hard on them that they didn't see much of a future with the parents that they had, that i seen their self worth and encourage them to be better than what their parent had,and that would of been a life of drugs. their parents took off days at a time. they would walk to my home begging for something to eat and stay. when you have three kids that walked a half a mile ages 2,6,9 yrs old u dont turn them away. so i went to the parents and asked for custody and with the sign of a pen they were mine, with no hesitation. the mother finally cleaned up and the courts gave her kids back.after i had them for six yrs. i'm also my forties. I asked for peoples opinion on spanking a child, not a pathetic story on how your such a liar to do your mother like that if she busted your ass more you wouldn't of been such a conniving little brat.
careing dad

United States

#25 Sep 14, 2012
I would never beat my children because if anyone came to investigate they might find my meth lab.
Academy Award actor

Johnson City, TN

#26 Sep 14, 2012
why wrote:
And it does effect me and others when their kids are disrespectful, rude, thieves,druggies,ad violent.
Only because you, as a prude, are OVERREACHING into a spehere that is none of your business.
Academy Award actor

Johnson City, TN

#27 Sep 14, 2012
why wrote:
if she busted your ass more you wouldn't of been such a conniving little brat.
Hehehe.....

I just showed you that, mentally, at age 16, I won when going up against my own mother. And your solution to the "sophisticated kid" is the "stupid parent" approach of beating the kid more? You are classic example of why society does not trust the parental spanker anymore, and why old fashioned household discipline ends up in court nowadays. You are hurting your own cause with your mouth.

Save us the Forrest Gump act.

PS, was it on a cocktail napkin that custody of 3 kids was given to you? With those kind of legal documents, who needs lawyers?
criditt

Johnson City, TN

#28 Sep 14, 2012
As a father I never had to spank, whip or beat my two (girl & boy) while the "mother" had a count system, 1...2...3 and then a spanking was to be next but ended up in a corner or a "time out" whih was a useless process and stupid system. They always minded me and I never had to threathen to to spank them.

When they got 17-18 and even before, they would talk to and about their mother like a dog. Now their 26 and 28 and actually can't stand their mom. I really don't blame them and I don't jump on them other than some of the words they choose when expressing their feeling towards her.

Long story short, "mommie" had a bad habbit putting partting, men and herself before the kids and always talking down about their dad. I think thats done the most damage. I never said bad things to or about their "mommie" in front of the children. Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to. Also, I never layed a hand or a finger on her either.

Main thing I'm getting at is RESPECT. My kids respected me and I did them also. To this day, they worry more about me, call and come see me all the time. I'll ask hows your'e mom doing and it's either "I haven't heard from that Bit*h and don't want to" or some drama that she's feeding them.

It's all about how you treat someone and you'll be the same most of the time. Don't get me wrong again, I've had my share of misbehaving rug rats just all parents do. I just feel because I've travled the country and some countries, I've not been too easy to fool and could smell bull a mile away.

Hey, some kids or yard/porch monkeys may need their ass whipped every day.?.?.?.?. Just shared my short story on rasing my two without whippings. Good Luck!
exsample

United States

#29 Sep 14, 2012
<quoted text>
Hehehe.....
I just showed you that, mentally, at age 16, I won when going up against my own mother. And your solution to the "sophisticated kid" is the "stupid parent" approach of beating the kid more? You are classic example of why society does not trust the parental spanker anymore, and why old fashioned household discipline ends up in court nowadays. You are hurting your own cause with your mouth.
Save us the Forrest Gump act.
PS, was it on a cocktail napkin that custody of 3 kids was given to you? With those kind of legal documents, who needs lawyers?
All your doing is proving her right. your showing everyone that your the classic example of what shes talking about. Your mother fails to raise you right.All she raised was a disrespectful,egotistical,self centered,manipulative,deceitfu l person.Your mother failed in raising you this is obvious to read. so thanks for proving her point you made her statement worth reading. YOU ARE THE CLASSIC EXSAMPLE OF A UNRULY SNECKY CHILD THAT GREW UP TO be A BITTER JUVANILE ADULT AND YOU SAY yOUR IN MID FOURTYS TIME TO GROW UP.Just because you were beaten as a child does not mean you have to beat yours kids. But it also does not mean let them follow in your footsteps.So keep running your mouth your making her look good dumbass.
maybe

Johnson City, TN

#30 Sep 14, 2012
damn... if my kid had faked a wrist injury i would have gave them a REAL wrist injury...
willy

United States

#31 Sep 15, 2012
Much of the problem can be attributed to the law and courts. It seems to me that they're using any pretext to put as many people thru the courts as possible in order to get their MONEY. Some of the arrests and charges are frivilous but they do it anyway. Its all about money. I wonder where all that money goes.
why

United States

#32 Sep 15, 2012
example wrote:
<quoted text>All your doing is proving her right. your showing everyone that your the classic example of what shes talking about. Your mother fails to raise you right.All she raised was a disrespectful,egotistical,self centered,manipulative,deceitfu l person.Your mother failed in raising you this is obvious to read. so thanks for proving her point you made her statement worth reading. YOU ARE THE CLASSIC EXSAMPLE OF A UNRULY SNECKY CHILD THAT GREW UP TO be A BITTER JUVANILE ADULT AND YOU SAY yOUR IN MID FOURTYS TIME TO GROW UP.Just because you were beaten as a child does not mean you have to beat yours kids. But it also does not mean let them follow in your footsteps.So keep running your mouth your making her look good dumbass.
Thanks for your reply. obviously by her reply she must have been beaten as a child, but know that she is a adult and knows the difference between right and wrong, she should have more common since.,after her reply everything inside me wants to say she was whipped enough or her opinions would be on the topic at hand and not directed at me. we should pity this wanna be diva not encourage her, for all we know she will take it out on her children the way her mother did to her. she has shown her true colors in her previous statement manipulative and conniving she is, and i'm sure she has got better at it with age. i feel sorry for her family and friends probably does them the same when things don't go her way.
Academy Award actor

Johnson City, TN

#33 Sep 15, 2012
maybe wrote:
damn... if my kid had faked a wrist injury i would have gave them a REAL wrist injury...
And then you would have landed in jail for legitimate reasons. And then I would congratulate you for stupidity resulting in hands being tied on all the other parents out there who administer discipline.

Its funny reading these comments from all these low intelligence parents who think all kids fit into the same size box. And they think that every kid in that box can be controlled and broken by spanking.

This "beat'em until you break'em, and if they don't break, beat'em more" attitude is precisely why traditional disciple ends up in the court system. That is truly when discipline morphs into child abuse.

My story was just an anecdote from my own childhood, I get along fine with my parents to this day. But I'm sorry if that story crushes your trip-me-back-to-the-50's illusions that all kids are the same, and that all kids are breakable and controllable if they only get beat hard enough.

Thanks for ruining the legal landscape for other parents who discipline responsibly.
aaa

United States

#34 Sep 15, 2012
why wrote:
spanking your child is called child abuse. what a joke! that's why kids are so out of hand these days, they have no morals or value. they are so disrespectful its out of control. what they do need is their a** busted to make them think twice before they act. their is a difference in beating a child and disciplining a child. and their is a place to do it. their butt not their head or face or their back their butt get it. every generation is going to get worse. u think its bad know just wait. and all i can say is its the parents fault its the government's fault. the way u raise Ur kids effects everyone not just u.so get a clue and do whats right with ur kids in the long run they will be a better person for it.
Lady where in he hell did you read on THIS topic at hand that she says beat your kids. If you can't understand what you read then stay the hell out of it.You have made yourself look like a fool,and 99 PERCENT of the people on this topic agree with he statement.Lt me see i can put it where you do understand she said they was difference in being a child and whipping a child, and that they were a right time and place to whip one, and for the right reason.What she meant by that was you have exercised all other aspects bust their ass.So get it through the one tract mind of your before you go running your cl*t licker. And who cares about your story it made you look bad not her. Get a life.(stupid)Unlike her i have no pity for you dumb ass.
credit

United States

#35 Sep 15, 2012
credited wrote:
As a father I never had to spank, whip or beat my two (girl & boy) while the "mother" had a count system, 1...2...3 and then a spanking was to be next but ended up in a corner or a "time out" with was a useless process and stupid system. They always minded me and I never had to threaten to to spank them.
When they got 17-18 and even before, they would talk to and about their mother like a dog. Now their 26 and 28 and actually can't stand their mom. I really don't blame them and I don't jump on them other than some of the words they choose when expressing their feeling towards her.
Long story short, "mommy" had a bad habit putting parting, men and herself before the kids and always talking down about their dad. I think that's done the most damage. I never said bad things to or about their "mommy" in front of the children. Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to. Also, I never laid a hand or a finger on her either.
Main thing I'm getting at is RESPECT. My kids respected me and I did them also. To this day, they worry more about me, call and come see me all the time. I'll ask hows your mom doing and it's either "I haven't heard from that Bit*h and don't want to" or some drama that she's feeding them.
It's all about how you treat someone and you'll be the same most of the time. Don't get me wrong again, I've had my share of misbehaving rug rats just all parents do. I just feel because I've traveled the country and some countries, I've not been too easy to fool and could smell bull a mile away.
Hey, some kids or yard/porch monkeys may need their ass whipped every day.?.?.?.?. Just shared my short story on raising my two without whippings. Good Luck!
Sounds like bs to me.You let your wife be the disciplinarian while daddy traveled around the country. Shame on you for turning your kids against her. Shes the reason they are who they are today. And you should smack their mouth for calling her mother a bitch.You should be a shamed of yourself.
agree

Summerville, GA

#36 Sep 15, 2012
I think what is shows is no two kids are really the same, and they simply wont respond to physical discipline the same way. For one kid, it might be effective, for another, its a joke. Its like snowflakes, no two are ever identical. Its like the human body itself, physiologically, no two are ever alike. One person can eat like a pig and never gain weight, and its totally different for the next guy. One woman can get pregnant so easily, the next woman cannot get pregnant to save their life.
If at 16, I was able to come up with a response on the fly like that, and control my mother on the spot, then perhaps her use of a displine approach more suitable for a 10-year-old was not the right tool for her to reach for in that situation as a parent.
And this is where the trouble brews. Physical discipline is never a one-size-fits-all solution. On the extrmes, some kids are too sophisticated, and other times, parents are too stupid and go way too far. It might work beautifully for one particular parent/child relationship, but in the next relationship, it just might border on child abuse.
I agree that spanking plays a role in upbringing. I have no problem with it, per se. However, it takes the right parenting to pull it off, and many parents are lacking in that area.
The old timers who think spanking will cure all the ills of society simply are to deep into this one-size-fits-all fantasy.
It definitely depends on the kid and the relationship the kid has with each parent. My spankings have literally been laughed at by other people, but when I tell my son I'm going to spank him he'll do what I've asked him nicely 5 times to do already.

On the other hand, when his dad (who gives REAL spankings) goes to give one, he turns into a MONSTER and fights back! It's scary to watch how angry he gets. I don't know why it is, but a spanking from his dad makes him more rebellious while the threat of a spanking from me is enough. You would think he would obey better and faster the parent whose spankings actually hurt.
Oh Yeah

Ringgold, GA

#37 Sep 15, 2012
If your kid argues with you spank them. If your kid lies to you spank them. Make them understand that there is a right and wrong long before they are teenagers cause then it is to late. Do not use your kids for your own selfish motives to hurt someone else(Parents or ex). Do not try to be your kids best friend cause they have friends their age they need you to lead them in the right direction. Right direction again is do right and not wrong. This will lead to your kids having respect for you after they get out of the rebellious teenage years. Big deal who cares.
a joke

United States

#38 Sep 16, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
It definitely depends on the kid and the relationship the kid has with each parent. My spankings have literally been laughed at by other people, but when I tell my son I'm going to spank him he'll do what I've asked him nicely 5 times to do already.
On the other hand, when his dad (who gives REAL spankings) goes to give one, he turns into a MONSTER and fights back! It's scary to watch how angry he gets. I don't know why it is, but a spanking from his dad makes him more rebellious while the threat of a spanking from me is enough. You would think he would obey better and faster the parent whose spankings actually hurt.
your spankings don't effect him but hurts his feelings, that's why he continues to repeat his behaviour. his dad puts the fear of god into his unruly little ass. he's not being rebellious he is tring to get away from him because he knows his whippins is going to hurt, so let the brat get mad,he s angry because your soiling him. get on he sae program as his dad and quit making him out to be the bad guy.Its called tough love.
why

United States

#39 Sep 16, 2012
Oh Yeah wrote:
If your kid argues with you spank them. If your kid lies to you spank them. Make them understand that there is a right and wrong long before they are teenagers cause then it is to late. Do not use your kids for your own selfish motives to hurt someone else(Parents or ex). Do not try to be your kids best friend cause they have friends their age they need you to lead them in the right direction. Right direction again is do right and not wrong. This will lead to your kids having respect for you after they get out of the rebellious teenage years. Big deal who cares.
I have to disagree with that approach,I feel you need to give a young child a couple of chances to correct their mistakes, now if they are old enough to know the difference between right and wrong by all mean correct them. and i d agree with your the parent not their best buddy.
WHAT

Summerville, GA

#40 Sep 16, 2012
a joke wrote:
<quoted text>your spankings don't effect him but hurts his feelings, that's why he continues to repeat his behaviour. his dad puts the fear of god into his unruly little ass. he's not being rebellious he is tring to get away from him because he knows his whippins is going to hurt, so let the brat get mad,he s angry because your soiling him. get on he sae program as his dad and quit making him out to be the bad guy.Its called tough love.
You are a complete moron. How you got THAT ^ nonsense out of that post is beyond me. I didn't see anyone making anyone out to be the "bad guy." You need to learn how to spell too.
Academy Award actor

Johnson City, TN

#41 Sep 17, 2012
You notice the trend that any time evidence surfaces to the contrary of his view, you know, what they call an inconvenient truth, he slides into this mode of calling the kid an unruly brat and calling the parents spineless pusssies.

A very noticeable pattern.

For him, this thread is hardly about wanting to discuss the philosophy of spanking and more and more about his frustration of not being able to throttle every kid in public that he sees acting up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Discreet Dating 47 min I might rider her 22
Heritage Days 2 hr Dr Spek 28
Emmett Frazier 2 hr Dr Spek 14
Broken 10 hr Your wifey 21
Sam Dong Supervision lol 12 hr Your kidding right 6
billy jenna york 13 hr Inky 6
Christopher Williams child rapist 13 hr Eeyore 8

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance