Teacher suspended @ CHS
vhs student

United States

#21 Apr 4, 2011
Well I am a volunteer high school student and I have this teacher first block. Everyone who heard about it was really upset. She was a good teacher probably the best one I have ever had. Its sad that she is gone. She was my college recomindation and everything. There are many rumors going around that aren't true. People make mistakes everyday. Its nothing new. I wish people would just get over it.
student

Nashville, TN

#22 Apr 4, 2011
Hawkins county isn't lower class...there's more criminals in other counties. So everyone needs quit talking crap about it when you have no idea what is going on. Im a student of the teacher who was accused, and she's a good teacher and a great person. So if all your gonna do is comment bad stuff then you can keep them to yourself. At least the teachers actually teach at volunteer, unlike db or Cherokee. And don't even get me started on Sullivan county!
cheerleader

Nashville, TN

#23 Apr 4, 2011
Just so everyone knows she was and is an amazing teacher. She helped me out with lots of things. She wouldn't purposely hurt anyone for any reason. No one is perfect, everybody makes mistakes. She was much better than almost every other teacher at this school. So everyone just lay off and get a life. Im sure you have much better things to worry about. Thanks :)
Lowell

Kingsport, TN

#24 Apr 4, 2011
Who is the teacher and is she hot?
Avenger

Maryville, TN

#25 Apr 4, 2011
"Don't Stand...Don't Stand So... Don't Stand So Close To Me..." Any of you byrds ever see "Lolita" ?!? Yep, this sort of thing goes on ALL the time. Yes, the teacher SHOULD have exercised more caution. But shyte happens. And it takes 2 to tango-& these kids nowadays know full well what the score is-Especially boys.
jkjkjk

United States

#26 Apr 4, 2011
There's a fine line that teachers and counselors have to walk in order to be an advocate for these kids yet still be an authority figure. This teacher apparently crossed the line. Students wonder why some teachers appear to be strict and try to make them do right, well it's because that's what they're paid to do. They are not paid to be friends outside of the school with these students and text, talk to them on the phone. She should have been more professional. Apparently all of the kids liked her, which means she was lenient and a friend to them when she should have been their teacher, not their friend.
exposed

Kingsport, TN

#27 Apr 5, 2011
Isn't it awesome how everyone is omnipresent and omniscient? Oh wait...that's supposed to be GOD!
lovely

Clyde, NC

#28 Apr 5, 2011
exposed wrote:
Isn't it awesome how everyone is omnipresent and omniscient? Oh wait...that's supposed to be GOD!
Couldn't have said it better myself! To many people in Rogersville want to sit back and judge others but, don't want anyone to judge them. Funny isn't it!?!?
Terrible

Chicago, IL

#29 Apr 5, 2011
They suspend a teacher without strong evidence and they do nothing to principals that get drunk in public and go skinny dippin. Explain this to me
Anonymous

United States

#30 Apr 5, 2011
Terrible wrote:
They suspend a teacher without strong evidence and they do nothing to principals that get drunk in public and go skinny dippin. Explain this to me
Because it prob didn't even happen. No names have been given yet... figure it out... no names, no facts, no story.
1970 grad

AOL

#31 Apr 5, 2011
Terrible wrote:
They suspend a teacher without strong evidence and they do nothing to principals that get drunk in public and go skinny dippin. Explain this to me
The teacher did a no-no and was caught. As was pointed out, there were no names, no evidence, so there were probably no "skinny dippin" drunken principals to investigate.
vhs student

United States

#32 Apr 6, 2011
Well we Just got our new teacher and its terrible. She doesn't know how to teach...... There were atleast three people about to cry. This is a precal class so we don't need this. This is just to help us better on the act and in college. So idk how my grade will be effected but I have a 99 avergage. Can you say fail?
teach

Kingsport, TN

#33 Apr 6, 2011
Is the new teacher at least over 22?
vhs student

United States

#34 Apr 6, 2011
Yeah I'm pretty sure. She looks older.
Stevie

Maryville, TN

#35 Apr 6, 2011
D@mn, I wish they hadn't let her go-I wanted some of that...
Who is it

Kingsport, TN

#36 Apr 6, 2011
Stevie wrote:
D@mn, I wish they hadn't let her go-I wanted some of that...
Who is she and was she hot looking?
wth

Morganton, NC

#37 Apr 8, 2011
This absolutely amazes me. You have a teacher accused of misconduct with students and nothing has been said since the media got hold of the story. It never named the teacher or any information. Rumor is she admitted to the allegations so what's the deal with her not being charged or a press release string the facts in the case.
Rumors are not Facts

Johnson City, TN

#38 Apr 8, 2011
"Rumor is "

wth, I heard a rumor you are a pedophile and a skinhead. Why haven't you been charged yet with a crime? After all, there is a rumor.
Fact is

Knoxville, TN

#39 Apr 8, 2011
wth wrote:
This absolutely amazes me. You have a teacher accused of misconduct with students and nothing has been said since the media got hold of the story. It never named the teacher or any information. Rumor is she admitted to the allegations so what's the deal with her not being charged or a press release string the facts in the case.
what a real media source reports, not rumors, People like you absolutely amaze me.
vhs student

United States

#40 Apr 10, 2011
wth wrote:
This absolutely amazes me. You have a teacher accused of misconduct with students and nothing has been said since the media got hold of the story. It never named the teacher or any information. Rumor is she admitted to the allegations so what's the deal with her not being charged or a press release string the facts in the case.
.

She didn't admit to anything. I know the real story. And trust me nothing even really went on. She isn't coming back because all this mess. The paper said they "suspended her" but really she left cause she new her reputation would be ruined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next principal at Cherokee? 1 hr Hello 14
Best pool shooters around 1 hr bodeydad 44
Dog Groomer ? 2 hr Money 4
Law at Top Knot and Tails 2 hr Mean 16
Murder in Mooresburg Tn 4 hr redwolf 23
War on Christians 5 hr Sick Sense 30
GOP senators guilty of treason for Iran letter 5 hr POPE FRANCIS gets it 28
Poll Did HC Commission do the right thing when they ... 12 hr wanttobboss 135
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]