AOL

#2 Aug 14, 2008
What is this? A mugshot? WTF?

“Not all who wander r lost”

Since: May 08

Boone Docks TN

#3 Aug 14, 2008
Wow...what a great photo to put up!

How would you like it if someone did this to you? Just because someone breaks the law & has a mug shot taken..doesn't give anyone the right to post it on a public forum...unless it's the one in the picture that's doing the posting!

This is a pathetic example of childish behavior.
heather

Johnson City, TN

#4 Aug 14, 2008
who is that

“My opinion is just that..mine!”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville

#5 Aug 14, 2008
Justice_4_All wrote:
Wow...what a great photo to put up!
How would you like it if someone did this to you? Just because someone breaks the law & has a mug shot taken..doesn't give anyone the right to post it on a public forum...unless it's the one in the picture that's doing the posting!
This is a pathetic example of childish behavior.
hey.I been trying to e-mail you.....miss ya!!
look in

Ringgold, GA

#6 Aug 14, 2008
heather wrote:
who is that
Rachel Mullins Look In Times News To Day.
Bullsgap

Ringgold, GA

#7 Aug 14, 2008
Donkeypunch wrote:
What is this? A mugshot? WTF?
yes
Ojeez

United States

#8 Aug 14, 2008
this the story that goes with that picture?

Sleeping adults charged with neglect after toddlers wander off in Surgoinsville
Published 08/13/2008

SURGOINSVILLE — The parents of two small children and two other adults were charged Wednesday with child neglect in connection with an incident earlier this month in which the children were found by police walking in the roadway.

Hawkins County Sheriff Roger Christian said Wednesday that one child is “nearly 2 years old,” and the other is 3.

Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Scott Stewart stated in the arrest warrant that on Aug. 1 at 10:39 a.m. he found the two small children “walking in the middle of Lauren Drive” in the Stewart’s Landing subdivision near the Hawkins County Airport.

Stewart stated in the warrant it took him approximately a half hour to locate the parents of the children, Christopher Matthew Mullins, 35, and RACHEL STONER MULLINS, 27, both of 718 Phillips Town Road, Bulls Gap.

The couple were found sleeping in a residence at 370 Lauren Drive.

Another couple, Trenton Wayne Flaherty, 23, and Ashley Morgan Flaherty, 20, both of 370 Lauren Drive, Surgoinsville, were also asleep at the residence.

“All of the adults stated that they had been asleep when the children wandered from the residence,” Stewart stated on the arrest warrants.“I did contact the DCS (Department of Children’s Services) Hotline and made a referral at this time.”

On that date the children were placed in the custody of relatives.

The two couples were notified earlier this week that they would be charged with child neglect, and they turned themselves in at the sheriff’s department Tuesday morning.

All four are scheduled for arraignment in Hawkins County Sessions Court on Aug. 25.

In a separate incident involving a child at 370 Lauren Drive, the Surgoinsville Police Department was dispatched to the residence the evening of July 6 after an adult accidentally locked a small child in a vehicle with the keys.

Surgoinsville Police Chief Jeff Hesoun said Officer Cliff Evans broke out the window rather than waiting for a locksmith because it was hot and the child’s health was at risk. No charges were filed in that incident.

“My opinion is just that..mine!”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville

#9 Aug 17, 2008
Well, we now know thanks to the Rogersville Review what the mug shot was for.
Anonymous

AOL

#10 Aug 18, 2008
heather wrote:
who is that
Your Momma. LOL
TnMom

Morristown, TN

#11 Sep 5, 2008
I personally know this woman, and she is not a bad parent. The kids need for nothing and get all the love in the world! How would you like it if your wondering toddler got out of the house?? It could happen to anyone! Granted it doesn't look great when it gets printed in the newspaper like this. DCS was in the house just 2 days after this happened and cleared them, then they went to court and the judge threw it out... I think that if a newspaper is going to print stories like this, then they need to do a follow up to tell what happened with the case.

Boone Docks TN

#12 Sep 5, 2008
TnMom wrote:
I personally know this woman, and she is not a bad parent. The kids need for nothing and get all the love in the world! How would you like it if your wondering toddler got out of the house?? It could happen to anyone! Granted it doesn't look great when it gets printed in the newspaper like this. DCS was in the house just 2 days after this happened and cleared them, then they went to court and the judge threw it out... I think that if a newspaper is going to print stories like this, then they need to do a follow up to tell what happened with the case.
I agree. I would never say that this wouldn't happen to me. If you have a toddler running around..you'd understand.
wildkarma

United States

#13 Sep 6, 2008
I managed to raise my children with no incidents of them leaving my home unattended!!! They were busy toddlers! If my kids were not asleep I was not asleep! They never even played outside unless I could watch them at all times!

Boone Docks TN

#14 Sep 6, 2008
^^^Excellent^^^
sweets

Chatsworth, GA

#15 Sep 7, 2008
Justice_4_All wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I would never say that this wouldn't happen to me. If you have a toddler running around..you'd understand.
I agree with you.. I was outside with my child cleaning up around the ouse.. one minute she was there beside me, the next she was gone... i found her walking up the driveway... they can get away from you in a heartbeat. not to excuse the mom being asleep.. and all the others in the household too... but children can get from your sight pretty quick.
just lookin around

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Sep 7, 2008
Her and the rest of the 'people'(?) need to have their pictures plastered all over the front pages of every paper in the area dn on the TV. Anyone that would let a 2 and 3 year old out of their sight deserves what they get. Even if they were asleep from working over-time there is just no excuse of letting this happen. How many of us would love to have those precious children? The sad part is she'll get them back and they will probably end up just like her. If you are asleep, sure they can get away....but....but...I'm at a loss for words. No excuse.
tenn

Ringgold, GA

#17 Sep 12, 2008
run run
town man

Ringgold, GA

#18 Nov 6, 2008
what is your no?
not mother

Ringgold, GA

#19 Nov 6, 2008
TnMom wrote:
she is BAD BAD
persia dog

Ringgold, GA

#20 Nov 17, 2008
get me a pill

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogersville Parade 3 hr Local 1
fire @ mcdonald hills rogersville tn 6 hr Knoxville friend ... 19
Romas 7 hr Customer sick 9
Why is there a $1.1 Million $$ Budget for Count... 11 hr Realist 12
Carrier took Trump, Aerica for a ride 11 hr Realist 12
News Crime 15 mins ago 12:48 p.m.Former Hawkins Coun... (May '16) 11 hr Lol 24
This is why Trump won 16 hr Lol 15

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance