Drug task force in hot water

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bulldog

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2012
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jul/12/stat...

Three East Tennessee drug task forces are cited in a new state report for, among other things, accounting deficiencies, using federal Recovery Act money inappropriately and misusing a fuel card.

According to the annual report from State Comptroller Justin P. Wilson, the 3rd Judicial District group, which consists of Greene, Hamblen, Hancock and Hawkins counties, failed to keep proper track of monies, failed to properly record and manage seized property and failed to maintain adequate documentation to support some confidential informant expenditures. Such task forces conduct law enforcement operations to stop illegal drug activity.

In addition, state auditors found the task force didn't follow proper purchasing procedures and kept inadequate equipment inventory control records.
Yup

Rathdrum, ID

#2 Jul 12, 2012
Not really surprised, but this is another example of the corruption around us.
LMAO

Sevierville, TN

#3 Jul 12, 2012
Step one is the audit of all the paperwork. This gives the state a basic idea of wht is going on. Step two is letting eveyone make excuses and see what else comes out . What the cops don't know is what else the state already knows about. When they sort out what the sheriff and police depts report, then go back and match it up with verified info they have from informants and such. Step three is then when things get real good. Its amazing how fast all these folks spill thier guts when they are trying to save theirselves from jail time. Former cops are a great source of information, along with county officials facing charges.
Well and it starts

Cleveland, TN

#4 Jul 12, 2012
Well Well looks like the truth is starting to come out about things
tick tock

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jul 12, 2012
about TIME all the click starts to fall apart even if a little at a TIME..WOW SCOTT CASTLE GUESS THE WRECK WAS A COVER UP BUT THIS TIME THEY WONT SAVE YOU
truth

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jul 12, 2012
there doing a good job!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
amazed

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2012
Corruption in an organization that can legally seize property and money without a warrant, Who would have every thought this would occur. Absolute power= absolute corruption.
Skipper

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2012
Well well , people out there that think they are doing such a good job... Heee hee this is what y'all call good?? The truth has to come out one day, an so it has! Cops in Hawkins county are as crooked as the felons the way I see it.
Jumping the Gun

Mooresville, NC

#9 Jul 12, 2012
I see all the drug taskforce haters are jumping on this one. Allow someone who knows tell you a little truth. This article is speaking directly of the mult-jurisdictional drug taskforce who do very little work inside Hawkins County. This has nothing to do with the Hawkins County Taskforce that is run by Ronnie Lawson. This is two totally different enforcement agencies. Ronnie Lawson's taskforce does an excellent job and their audit was fine. Don't drag Ronnie's Taskforce guys down over something that has nothing to do with them. Yes I am a relative of one of them. They should be commended for their jobs. I know! They never stop and they do it all for me,you, and the good people of our county. Try supporting them instead of so much bashing. You or I would not do their jobs! This story does not have anything to do with our local police departments or the sheriff's department.
ha ha

Amarillo, TX

#10 Jul 12, 2012
Well you dont need to be to quick to jump on here and defend them either. Hawkins County is as corrupt as ive ever seen and everyone knows it!!!
True

United States

#11 Jul 12, 2012
ha ha wrote:
Well you dont need to be to quick to jump on here and defend them either. Hawkins County is as corrupt as ive ever seen and everyone knows it!!!
Its true, if you know any of the lawyers that hang out at the courthouse constantly, and I mean really know them and not just by having them defend you once or twice, they will tell you the same. A prominent one once said it still operates like it did 50 years ago around in this county.......
Jumping the Gun

Mooresville, NC

#12 Jul 12, 2012
I just use a little common sense and personal knowledge. This news story has absolutely nothing to do with our local guy! Our local guys work themselves into the ground doing a job that very very few has the balls to ever even attempt. Then a TAskforce from Greenville gets in a little trouble and then a bunch start giving our local guys hell for doing what they are supposed to be doing. I also point out again that their state audit was on the penny.
Vincent

Maryville, TN

#13 Jul 12, 2012
True wrote:
<quoted text>
Its true, if you know any of the lawyers that hang out at the courthouse constantly, and I mean really know them and not just by having them defend you once or twice, they will tell you the same. A prominent one once said it still operates like it did 50 years ago around in this county.......
Not quite......as recently as 40 or so years ago the county jail that stood on the corner of depot and washington street had open windows facing the road and inmates yelling at people outside! LOL! Anyone else remember that? LOL! I think that the new jail,which is now the old jail was built around 1974 or so.

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

#14 Jul 13, 2012
From the article:
"Third Judicial District Attorney General Berkeley Bell said immediate steps were taken to rectify the problems, and the unidentified task force director was reassigned to another position within the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office.

"We had to unfortunately change our leadership, our director. That took care it," he said. "This particular individual had done an absolutely outstanding job for 12 years and he ran into personal difficulties that took his attention away from his responsibilities and ultimately led to deficiencies being discovered by auditors." "

Guess who the "umidentified task force director" was Bell was referring to?

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

#15 Jul 13, 2012
*unidentified
OShiznit

Morristown, TN

#16 Jul 13, 2012
I guess the money has gone to the same place all the drugs in the evidence room went to....and I'm sure Depew ain't the only one to blame.
Bulldog

United States

#17 Jul 13, 2012
Jumping the Gun wrote:
I see all the drug taskforce haters are jumping on this one. Allow someone who knows tell you a little truth. This article is speaking directly of the mult-jurisdictional drug taskforce who do very little work inside Hawkins County. This has nothing to do with the Hawkins County Taskforce that is run by Ronnie Lawson. This is two totally different enforcement agencies. Ronnie Lawson's taskforce does an excellent job and their audit was fine. Don't drag Ronnie's Taskforce guys down over something that has nothing to do with them. Yes I am a relative of one of them. They should be commended for their jobs. I know! They never stop and they do it all for me,you, and the good people of our county. Try supporting them instead of so much bashing. You or I would not do their jobs! This story does not have anything to do with our local police departments or the sheriff's department.
Ain't nobody jumping on nothing. We're all just glad to see that authorities are beginning to see what we already knew. The truth shall set you free. Or in the case of corrupt officials the truth shall bind you. Did they honestly think that they wouldn't get caught? I believe it was our own local police force that got caught stealing from the evidence locker, selling contraband, shall I go on? The incidences begin at the police force and go all the way up to judges.
Don't even get me started about the police force protecting me from those evil pot smokers. They have jumped on the drug task force wagon so hard that they don't even investigate other crimes such as murder, rape, assault, theft, burglary just to name a few.
Dewey

United States

#18 Jul 13, 2012
Jumping the Gun wrote:
AMEN Brother!!!!!!
Edward

Kingsport, TN

#19 Jul 13, 2012
moparedtn wrote:
From the article:
"Third Judicial District Attorney General Berkeley Bell said immediate steps were taken to rectify the problems, and the unidentified task force director was reassigned to another position within the Hawkins County Sheriff's Office.
"We had to unfortunately change our leadership, our director. That took care it," he said. "This particular individual had done an absolutely outstanding job for 12 years and he ran into personal difficulties that took his attention away from his responsibilities and ultimately led to deficiencies being discovered by auditors." "
Guess who the "umidentified task force director" was Bell was referring to?
Would this be Chad or who might they be talking about? I know a person who gave a statement to "Chad" and he typed it on his computer and read it back to this person to make sure that the statement was what they had said; Then they had to sign a paper saying that the statement was right, well when the lawyer got a copy, Chad had added a line or two at the bottom of it. So no he doesnt go by the book. Just sayen.
shaft

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Jul 13, 2012
NO chad will be his replacement cause it has been set up that way S.C. TIME to get some jelly

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather h 3 hr losers 10
Vance woman 4 hr Friend of the 1
Misty 7 hr family 9
Moldy food? EWWW 7 hr danny 4
History of Rogersville City Government 8 hr Old TImer 26
When is clinch valley 12 mile sale? 9 hr Your Name Here 5
my sister is screwing a pair of brothers I'm so... 9 hr Trash 11

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance