Hawkins Co. Memorial Gardens,cemetery...

Hawkins Co. Memorial Gardens,cemetery’s manager facing many complaints lawsuits

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rogersville Citizen

Martin, TN

#1 Dec 3, 2013
We have this problem now. People can't even bury their loved one anymore.
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9070568/hawk...
SURGOINSVILLE — On May 15, 2012, Ron Fleenor paid $1,249 to the Hawkins County Memorial Gardens in Surgoinsville to have a bronze marker, which was already provided for free by the military, placed over the grave of his brother Ken.
That was nearly 19 months ago, and as of Tuesday morning the marker still hadn’t been placed on the grave. There’s only the small temporary aluminum marker that funeral homes typically stick in the ground until the permanent marker is placed.
Since making the payment, he’s spoken to cemetery manager Vickie Ringley twice.
This past August, after Fleenor told a groundskeeper he was about to file a lawsuit, Ringley called Fleenor and promised to place the marker over Ken’s grave as soon as possible.
A month later, Fleenor caught Ringley in her office.
At that time, Ken Fleenor’s bronze military marker was in Ringley’s office in an unopened box among a stack of similar packages, which presumably contained other grave markers still waiting to be placed.
Fleenor has contacted the sheriff’s office, the attorney general’s office, and the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, Burial Services division, and no one can help him.
An attorney from the state Burial Services division told Fleenor there had been 23 or 24 complaints filed against Ringley for similar issues.
sad

Morristown, TN

#2 Dec 4, 2013
Well my father passed away Friday, November 29. We went to the funeral home sat. to make the arrangements and Vickie said that mom and dad hadn't paid for the opening and shutting. we found there paper work and proved that it had been paid. NOW SHE WON'T ANSWER THE PHONE FOR HIS MARKER. I WENT TO HER HOUSE TUESDAY TWO TIMES AND SHE WOULD NOT ANSWER THE DOOR OR THE PHONE. I PROMISE HER THAT WE WILL BE GOING TO GET A LAWYER.
me too

Morristown, TN

#4 Dec 6, 2013
wonder why Vickie isn't talking to anyone?
needs to be

Brevard, NC

#6 Dec 7, 2013
taken to the district attorneys with your evidence
me too

Morristown, TN

#7 Dec 8, 2013
its been one week tomorrow when we buried my dad. we have called and called Vickie and she won't answer her phone. her secutary says she isn't taking any call until the first of jan. well mom and dad paid for all of their stuff, she wanted her money on time so we would like our fathers tombstone to be ordered. its hard enough losing a love one but have to put up with this is just ridiculous........
Backhoe

Abingdon, VA

#8 Dec 9, 2013
Need to bury her...
heifer

Hixson, TN

#9 Dec 9, 2013
She needs a good old a-s whoopin. Mop the grave yard with her face. See if that gets her attention.
me too

Morristown, TN

#10 Dec 10, 2013
well it is like she fell off the face of the earth. she won't answer her phone
snapchat

Knoxville, TN

#11 Dec 10, 2013
Can't be too bad. I've heard that people around here are just dying to be buried there!
me too

Morristown, TN

#12 Dec 11, 2013
let me tell you (snapchat) you must have not loss anyone. my dad wasn't planning on dying and if we knew ms. Vickie was going to be this way we sure wouldn't went there. and too....you must not have a heart.
SOMEHOW

Kodak, TN

#13 Dec 11, 2013
i cannot believe the state does not have anything they can do.....know the move is toward no regulations...guess that is why the nra is popular...
Wow

Columbia, SC

#14 Dec 12, 2013
This is a Shame
Has

Arcadia, SC

#15 Dec 12, 2013
Has anyone got suggestions to buy plots
Assistant

Moore, SC

#16 Jan 2, 2014
If u want a good e fashion ass whipping come to me and confront me and we will see who wipes the grave you don't deserve to be anywhere posting nothing u don't anything about and especially not threats about my boss honey I sent my own daughter to jail does that tell u what a cold hearted mean person I can be!! Just show up and see what u may find
Assistant

Moore, SC

#18 Jan 2, 2014
Rogersville Citizen wrote:
We have this problem now. People can't even bury their loved one anymore.
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9070568/hawk...
SURGOINSVILLE — On May 15, 2012, Ron Fleenor paid $1,249 to the Hawkins County Memorial Gardens in Surgoinsville to have a bronze marker, which was already provided for free by the military, placed over the grave of his brother Ken.
That was nearly 19 months ago, and as of Tuesday morning the marker still hadn’t been placed on the grave. There’s only the small temporary aluminum marker that funeral homes typically stick in the ground until the permanent marker is placed.
Since making the payment, he’s spoken to cemetery manager Vickie Ringley twice.
This past August, after Fleenor told a groundskeeper he was about to file a lawsuit, Ringley called Fleenor and promised to place the marker over Ken’s grave as soon as possible.
A month later, Fleenor caught Ringley in her office.
At that time, Ken Fleenor’s bronze military marker was in Ringley’s office in an unopened box among a stack of similar packages, which presumably contained other grave markers still waiting to be placed.
Fleenor has contacted the sheriff’s office, the attorney general’s office, and the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, Burial Services division, and no one can help him.
An attorney from the state Burial Services division told Fleenor there had been 23 or 24 complaints filed against Ringley for similar issues.
what. Mr Fleenor failed to tell the news was his wanting a job to help the owner do things and also take her out on a date which have 2 witnesses to that her mothers caregiver and another lady who assisted him few years ago ? Is this man married or what kind of person really is he does he need to be considered as a sexual assault it what making numerous trips and also ran into a man at cemetery asking questions had she divorced yet Uhmmmm we smell fish
giggity

Blacksburg, SC

#19 Jan 2, 2014
Assistant wrote:
If u want a good e fashion ass whipping come to me and confront me and we will see who wipes the grave you don't deserve to be anywhere posting nothing u don't anything about and especially not threats about my boss honey I sent my own daughter to jail does that tell u what a cold hearted mean person I can be!! Just show up and see what u may find
Whats the address?
What the crap

Morristown, TN

#20 Jan 3, 2014
What does this have to do with how sorry ms.vickie is. She won't even answer her phone.How does she call herself a business person when she can't take care of the people she has done wrong! Her day will come to answer what she has done to everyone.....
Assistant

Fairview, NC

#21 Jan 3, 2014
giggity wrote:
<quoted text> Whats the address?
dont talk about people if u don't know address!!!!! Dum ass
Jackie

Charlotte, NC

#22 Jan 3, 2014
If you smell fish its probably coming from between Vicky and Vickys mothers caregivers legs! You just need to give it up. Nobody is gonna believe anything that comes out of your lying mouth. Just give these greiving people what they have paid for. All these people cant be lying or just saying these things to try to get in your pants. I mean seriously what are you like 60 now? I could understand if you were a hot young lady but come on now, really?
me too

Morristown, TN

#23 Jan 4, 2014
thank you Jackie, my dad pass away the end of November and Vickie will not answer our call...they paid for their stuff in 2003. she didn't care to take the money but she doesn't want to provide the service. its hard enough losing my father but it makes it worse when she won't put his tombstone down that they paid for!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Romas 1 hr Your EX 31
Gary Simpson 2 hr S A H L I A 34
Im in desperate need of help! 7 hr Dr Spek 4
Gary simpson 9 hr Really 2
Upscale Fitness Center Coming 10 hr Pumpkin thumper 6
Add a Drug Dealers Name 13 hr Pumpkin thumper 7
snitches among us 13 hr Dr strange 6

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance