First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just curious

Knoxville, TN

#1 Dec 19, 2008
Does anyone know why Jay and Julia Taylor have sent lots of photo Christmas cards out to radom people. I got one and I don't have a clue who these people are and I know several other people who got one too, and they don't know them either??? Kind of weird to send photos out of your family to people you don't know?? Anyone know why they did this, it's driving me crazy?!
rogvegas man

Mckenzie, TN

#2 Dec 19, 2008
Just curious wrote:
Does anyone know why Jay and Julia Taylor have sent lots of photo Christmas cards out to radom people. I got one and I don't have a clue who these people are and I know several other people who got one too, and they don't know them either??? Kind of weird to send photos out of your family to people you don't know?? Anyone know why they did this, it's driving me crazy?!
I got one too. He is the juvie judge. All political, nothing more nothing less. He wants your vote next election.
angel

Kingsport, TN

#3 Dec 19, 2008
ask them

“Not all who wander r lost”

Since: May 08

Boone Docks TN

#4 Dec 19, 2008
Ummmm...I think that would be the juvenile judge.

Just being kind would be my guess. Nothing wrong with that.
Plausible Explanation

Madisonville, TN

#5 Dec 19, 2008
My guess would be you are a Republican. Your name is likely on the voter rolls/insta-mailing list - and you received a card because Taylor is eying a higher office sooner rather than later.
Of course, I didn't get a card from Taylor. I'm so hurt by that slight - I'll be voting straight Democrat from here on out.
My two cents

Kingsport, TN

#6 Dec 19, 2008
Wouldnt vote for Taylor no way and no I didnt have a kid that did anything bad and he was rough on him. Just dont think its right that he can be a juvenile judge one day and then the next represent a child molester in court. To me its like the pot calling the kettle black. Kinda makes you wonder were he stands.
thankful citizen

Maryville, TN

#7 Dec 19, 2008
I got a card too and did not have a clue who he was. Thanks for filling in the blanks for me.
Never Happy

Grayslake, IL

#8 Dec 19, 2008
You can't be good to no one in this Dayum town..Hell far PPL...Give the man a GOLD STAR for being Nice..but Hell no, you got to run Him and His Family down..Be Thankful for the Christmas Card and STFU.. YOU PPL IN THIS TOWN ARE SO UNGRATEFUL.
Can't Please Anyone Anymore..
God Help U All..
Just curious

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 20, 2008
Well... thanks I guess...Political reasons were one of my guesses but you think he would put some kind of explanation along with the card, instead of making you wonder "Why?" It was a "kind" gesture on their part...but also kind of weird to send pictures of yourself and your child to complete strangers. Kind of dangerous these days, plus it seemed kind of vain to me. Oh well.... Merry Christmas to all!
outskirts of town

Columbia, TN

#10 Dec 20, 2008
Ahhhh we wondered who it was too. We dont know them nor had any clue who it was.

Political would explain a lot,, guess leave you in the dark kinda thing. I dont like politicians that leave you in the dark period, guess thats all of them..lol

anyhow a little note would have been a nicer jesture so people would have known on the card.
guess thats the political reason for nothing on it, make people question and check into who they are. I got too much other stuff going on right now than waste my time, so he lost a vote there due to that if he is running. Not to smart move I dont think when ya look at it like that.

“The Real Me”

Since: Sep 08

Around

#11 Dec 20, 2008
I thought myself, that it was a nice gesture.At least someone with power thinks about you this time of year....I liked the layout on the card. Nice thanks
I do know

Madisonville, TN

#12 Dec 20, 2008
The card was AMAZING! I have no clue who they are, but the card was gorgeous... I was kind of thinking he was the pastor of First Baptist because of the picture of them in front of the church... But I knew that wasn't right... If I had money like that to spend on nice cards with gorgeous pictures, I'd send them to everyone in the state... Not just Republicans, either. And aren't they some kin to the man who owned Cross' Flower Shop? Their sons name is Cross... Hmm. Lovely pictures, though.

“The Real Me”

Since: Sep 08

Around

#13 Dec 20, 2008
Jay Taylor is married to the granddaughter of the Cosses at the flower shop
South Pittsburg

Maryville, TN

#14 Dec 20, 2008
I wonder if Badbabe and Pineywoman got one?? I didn't get one.
ho ho ho

Gleason, TN

#15 Dec 20, 2008
Sooooo you ppl don't vote. or worse don't check out the ppl you vote for. t'aint funny.
tutu

United States

#16 Dec 20, 2008
Jay and Julie Taylor are very sweet Christian people. Yes Jay is juvenile judge. He is fair and honest with the kids. He is all about rehabilitation for the kids. julie is beautiful and has a wonderful singing voice. I swear people just can't be nice these days without getting slammed. It's a real shame.!!!!!

“Here I am, entertain me!”

Since: May 08

rogersville

#17 Dec 20, 2008
South Pittsburg wrote:
I wonder if Badbabe and Pineywoman got one?? I didn't get one.
Yes! Yes I did get one! lmao, have no freaking idea how he got my name on his Republican list, I mean it's not as if his ugly mug could convert me!(he looks kinda cold and robotic in person)

but anyway it came in handy when I was startin that fire in the wood stove tonight!
So here is a big fat Ho, Ho, Ho to you Judge!
Curious as Well

Knoxville, TN

#18 Dec 20, 2008
Leave the lady alone, All she did was ask a simple question.... she wasn't judging (no pun intended} these nice people, just trying to figure out who the people were... I agree though, if it was a political thing,then was it in good taste to send a Christmas card? Could he just not have sent out an honest letter stating that he was seeking votes ? It is not like she was saying they were not nice people or anything, Just a little worried for them, I guess. And to 'Never Happy', you sound like a very unhappy person and your language needs some cleaning up!
Scrooge

Newport, TN

#19 Dec 20, 2008
badbabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Yes I did get one! lmao, have no freaking idea how he got my name on his Republican list, I mean it's not as if his ugly mug could convert me!(he looks kinda cold and robotic in person)
but anyway it came in handy when I was startin that fire in the wood stove tonight!
So here is a big fat Ho, Ho, Ho to you Judge!
BAHHHH......Humbug !!!
Just curious

Knoxville, TN

#20 Dec 21, 2008
Curious as Well wrote:
Leave the lady alone, All she did was ask a simple question.... she wasn't judging (no pun intended} these nice people, just trying to figure out who the people were... I agree though, if it was a political thing,then was it in good taste to send a Christmas card? Could he just not have sent out an honest letter stating that he was seeking votes ? It is not like she was saying they were not nice people or anything, Just a little worried for them, I guess. And to 'Never Happy', you sound like a very unhappy person and your language needs some cleaning up!
Thank you very much...very well said and I totally agree with you on "Never Happy".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holly fields aka trent 8 min Truth 2
Surgoinsville Roads (Nov '13) 1 hr openingtheclosetf... 33
jessica carnes whats she up to (Jul '10) 8 hr peachy 20
Biggest Liars in Rogersville? 8 hr DTF 3
Football RMS vs. RCS 8 hr Really?? 2
Tennessee health profile - Hawkins County 10 hr Ben Dover 1
Linda Rhea 10 hr WBIR549 11
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match

Rogersville Jobs