Who was the worst teacher at RHS

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jetter

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2012
In celebration of the reunion of Rogersville High School....I thought I would steal a topic... and discuss who was the worst and meanest teacher at Rogersville High School. Just want to give the rest of us something to talk about at the reunion other than just ourselves..... The Worst and meanest teacher at RHS is....
Debbie Downer

Nashville, TN

#2 Oct 10, 2012
Looks like a flop. Maybe another topic?
70sMan

Maryville, TN

#3 Oct 10, 2012
Woody was the Best!
70s girll

Ashburn, VA

#4 Oct 10, 2012
Why so negative? Let's name our favorite teacher. Mine would be Mrs. Brooks. She encouraged me to go to college, an idea that had never entered my head at the time. I did and ended up being a teacher!
MOORESBURG MOM

Morristown, TN

#5 Oct 10, 2012
WOODSON was the best,i had so much fun in his class,he was always fussing about something.I didn't learn much but i laughed alot.I had him at last period,what a way to end the day....
John

Charlotte, NC

#6 Oct 10, 2012
Yep... Woodson Harris.... my sister was in study hall once... being held in the theatre. She accidently kicked over somebody else' coke bottle. He dragged her by the head of her hair to the principal's office. Boy.... He needed to be thankful the next day he was still alive. My Mother was ready to kill him!!! He was brutal. He would make all the headlines today and be IN JAIL!!!
Michele

Charlotte, NC

#7 Oct 10, 2012
Gary Mabe. The students that had his history class turned into a debate class. Very entertaining.....
lonestar

Kingsport, TN

#8 Oct 10, 2012
Mrs. Marge Towers, loved her!!! I don't remember any "worst" teachers, however by todays standards and the "golden" children of today, all their jobs would be in jeopardy!!! They WHOOOPED our asses!!!
Faculty

Charlotte, NC

#9 Oct 11, 2012
We had a lot of good ones. Loved all my English teachers. Mrs. Fairchild, Mrs. Ryan and Mrs. Brooks. Billy Robinette, Mrs. Minor, Jim Wells, Mrs. Hamblen, Mrs. Campbell in typing. Oh, Mrs. Bowers, Woodson T. Harris, Sorry do many, but I enjoyed each of these teachers, they all contributed in a special way.
Ken

Bristol, TN

#10 Oct 11, 2012
lonestar wrote:
Mrs. Marge Towers, loved her!!! I don't remember any "worst" teachers, however by todays standards and the "golden" children of today, all their jobs would be in jeopardy!!! They WHOOOPED our asses!!!
I gotta agree with you on Marge Towers. She was a good one for sure. also Mr. Robinette
Spirit of 76

Kingsport, TN

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Woodson T was mean but funny, Mr. Shanks may he RIP, was one of my best, I actually listened to him and he really made History interesting. But, you wouldn't want to make him mad.Mrs. Minor May she RIP was a great math teacher, and only wished I had listened to her more.Mr. Coffee in typing class was a jewel. We was lucky with our teachers then. I really don't think I could go back to school and make it now days. We was lucky. Don't ever forget Coach Swift!!!! the other Bobby White, I think that was the NBA coach. Remember the glasses he wore that didn't have any glass in them they was just the frames. Dan Brooks, Dan Dan the Donut Man. I know he hates that name but couldn't help myself. As to the whooping your ass, they need to do that now days,may change the attitude in some kids now. Mr Fontain....band director, sent me to the office for playing the drums too loud hehehehe I did,pissed me off, Principle coach Davis said thougt that they was suppose to be loud. Mr, Fairchild cool man. Not feeling good these days say a prayer for him. Well, looking forward to seeing all this Sat night.......
Sounds to me

Kingsport, TN

#12 Oct 12, 2012
We "was" lucky? No wonder you didn't mention any English teachers.
70sMan

Maryville, TN

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Mr Windstead was a cool laid back teacher, even though he Miss L was wondering down stairs to teach each other on Sex Ed, it was all good. Another two was Mr Blevins and Mr. Graham. A lot of students didn't like Miss Fairchild but she was a very nice person, but Miss Cope was very rude and only was nice to only a few that had parents with high status in the County.

Coach Jones and all the others coaches were POS.
Lincoln

Pueblo, CO

#14 Oct 13, 2012
Muriel Hamblen and Marge Towers, the best.
RMS and CHS

Washburn, TN

#15 Jan 27, 2013
I liked Mr. Winstead...he was a cool fella. I like Mrs. Fairchild and Mrs. Cope too. Mr. Owens was good in several ways. Mr. Blevins let us slide by in math; he should have held me more accountable. I remember Mr. Graham gave me some harsh feedback in math class at RMS because I was lazy. His words stuck in my head and ultimately helped guide me to a bachelors' degree, two master's degrees and a doctorate. For that he is my fav teacher.
oh my

Clinton, TN

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Not from the high school but mr. brown was a riot
lol

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Do you people not want to fit in on topics? You are saying nice things about people. I am not sure that is allowed but it is a nice change so keep it up. I am sure the one who started this topic will make up bad things anyway.
1970 graduate

Moselle, MS

#18 Jan 28, 2013
Mrs. Ryan, went to college, had no difficulty with college literature or English, so also give credit to Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Sexton (Fairchild). Mrs. Hamblen, always made biology interesting. Mr. Shanks, always made history like a story, easy to listen to. Mr. Robinette, entertaining. Mrs. Bowers, and Mrs. Williams, in shorthand and typing. I could name more and more. Yes, we were very fortunate to have the group of teachers that were there at the time.
Ben

Bristol, TN

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Although she taught at the city school and not RHS no discussion about outstanding teachers would be complete without mentioning Ruth Romans. The absolute BEST teacher I ever had.
dumbass

Knoxville, TN

#20 Jan 28, 2013
70s girll wrote:
Why so negative? Let's name our favorite teacher. Mine would be Mrs. Brooks. She encouraged me to go to college, an idea that had never entered my head at the time. I did and ended up being a teacher!
They posted with reverse psychology. Usually when a positive post is started most folks come along and bash it. Look at the positive replies when you start a negative post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Lynn Hickman (Dec '12) 1 hr joey l 16
Stigler Murder and Vickers Murder??? 1 hr ST1DELTA 1
Mark the muthafuckin Thompson 2 hr Curious George 1
Shane Justice (Jul '12) 2 hr Kayla 3
Next principal at Cherokee? 2 hr Curious 5
Tyler The Creator? my kids obsessed with him (Mar '13) 2 hr Truth be known CD 35
Jada Carpenter 2 hr team jada 20
News Lifeguard supporters want another shot with the... 2 hr aplus 30
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]