Amid Mill Water Charge
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Thirsty

Kingsport, TN

#1 Sep 26, 2012
How greedy can a person be to charge patrons 50˘ for a glass of water? You might as well go ahead give old Jake 4 BUCKS for a beer, cause his water won’t wash the grit down from his scorched food that he over charges for.
Thirsty

Kingsport, TN

#2 Sep 26, 2012
Sorry. Amis Mill. That little place amid the 15 mph self imposed speed trap by Jake.
duh

Jefferson City, TN

#3 Sep 26, 2012
If you don't like it, don't eat there.
Go to pals or sonic and see what they charge you for water. Nothing in life is free, including water.
Thirsty

United States

#4 Sep 26, 2012
duh wrote:
If you don't like it, don't eat there.
Go to pals or sonic and see what they charge you for water. Nothing in life is free, including water.
Sorry, duh....I eat out of town.....my water is always free. I
Have no idea what water costs at pals . He charges enough for food to be able to void a water charge is my point.
Reality 101

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 26, 2012
Seems like reviews of this place are mixed. "Nice atmosphere / setting" seems to be the only point of agreement, but what about the food quality and the overall value? Is it consistently good, or is it hit or miss?
Sounds to me

Cookeville, TN

#6 Sep 26, 2012
Oh geeze, suck it up. He has to pay someone to bring you that water just as if it had a soft drink or tea in it. Someone has to wash the glass too. If you can't afford $.50 for water, stay home. This is by far the best restaurant for miles around. If you don't go someone will be glad to take your place.
duh

Jefferson City, TN

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Thirsty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, duh....I eat out of town.....my water is always free. I
Have no idea what water costs at pals . He charges enough for food to be able to void a water charge is my point.
Am thinking pals is .47 and sonic is .50. I would agree with you that maybe he should comp water but in food industry profits are small margin. This would lead me to believe maybe business isn't good enough for that.
Personally, love the concept and setting but will admit the food is a 50/50 shot
Agreed

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Sep 26, 2012
30 minute wait Friday night and I was happy to wait. Any admirable business person would prefer you keep your hard earned 50 cents and stay at home.
Patron

Kingsport, TN

#9 Sep 26, 2012
I ate there quite frequently in the beginning. Finally after watching the manager talk down to his employees in front of everyone dining, I just couldn't stomach the place anymore. Some of the food was tasty, Medium well meant well done, and well done meant burnt. Parking was a joke and the operational hours was confusing. We drove about 20 miles one way to find the place closed several different nights a week. Like now, I heard the days open are Thursday thru Sunday. Odd to say the least. I prefer Stir Fry, Biggies, etc. Open 7 days a week.
Thirsty

Kingsport, TN

#10 Sep 26, 2012
.50 is not the point here. HE OVERCHARGES already. If he is hurting for money that bad, maybe he should open more than 3 or 4 days a week. He should be embarrassed to even.put a price on it.
Thirsty

Kingsport, TN

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Sounds to me wrote:
Oh geeze, suck it up. He has to pay someone to bring you that water just as if it had a soft drink or tea in it. Someone has to wash the glass too. If you can't afford $.50 for water, stay home. This is by far the best restaurant for miles around. If you don't go someone will be glad to take your place.
You must not get out much to think this is the best by far. I would guess O Henrys was your favorite before....
Reality 101

Johnson City, TN

#12 Sep 26, 2012
Unless you live in Rogersville, it's not worth the drive for "hit or miss" hours of operation. Jubilee Cafe had a write-up in the Kingsport paper, then then the next week decided to shut down at least one of the afternoons the article claimed they were open. The owner had decided to paint the exterior and made no apology other than stating "We're not open today. Come back tomorrow." Made a trip to Rogersville for nothing, so I guess you have to call these places to see if they've decided to be open.

My read on the Amis reviews is that it's the atmosphere, popularity, etc., versus consistently outstanding food.
teal

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2012
Sounds to me wrote:
Sounds to me your the owner. Ha ha ha!!! I think it crazy to charge.
Just wondering

Arlington, VA

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Thirsty wrote:
How greedy can a person be to charge patrons 50˘ for a glass of water? You might as well go ahead give old Jake 4 BUCKS for a beer, cause his water won’t wash the grit down from his scorched food that he over charges for.
You and your family are the exact kind of people we want to discourage from coming here. Imagine the fact that all it takes is a 50 cent glass of water to achieve that. Leave the parking spot for those who understand what it means to eat out.
jones

United States

#15 Sep 26, 2012
Charging for water. Disgrace.anywhere.
Thirsty 2

Kingsport, TN

#16 Sep 26, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your family are the exact kind of people we want to discourage from coming here. Imagine the fact that all it takes is a 50 cent glass of water to achieve that. Leave the parking spot for those who understand what it means to eat out.
Coming here? You mean going there? Spoken like a true owner. It's not a water charge that keeps me from eating there. Enjoy your creek water !!
Misty

Chatsworth, GA

#17 Sep 26, 2012
I have eaten there many times.The setting is great but the food is over spiced,someone gets carried away with the hot cajun spice shaker. The steaks are never consistent. They need a few lessons in buying a better grade of beef.I've had tough, grisley. and unthawed steak cooked too soon after being frozen.Service is good and price would be fair if the food was better.The days they are open is an issue too. I drove out there several times and they were not open so I stopped going. It was easier that way for me. Now I go to Kport to Stone DRive ....it's just simpler for me..
Tony

Jefferson City, TN

#18 Sep 26, 2012
Just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You just lost my business. If you work there, shame on you! If you are the owner, screw you!

I have had same issue with hours. Imagine having out of town clients, driving out there only to find it closed! Looks like hale springs will be for our business lunch again.

Sometimes it's better to remain quiet.
Local

Knoxville, TN

#19 Sep 27, 2012
Setting nice, atmosphere nice, food over priced, never know when he is going to be open, he would NEVER make it if he depended on locals to trade, so he has to depend on out of towners. You have been a good dog, Good Luck , Jake. Charging for water, that is a no no. Just go up on something else and give them the water.
Hungry

Parsons, TN

#20 Sep 27, 2012
Such a shame.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Broken 1 hr Father Time 24
Wreck this morning 1 hr Jamie 24
The judge 1 hr Jamie 14
What's up with our Juvenile Judges 1 hr jimmy 34
Heritage Days 3 hr Sammy 57
Review: Amis Mill Eatery (Nov '10) 5 hr robbed 65
Amis Mill Eatery 5 hr robbed 21

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance