First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Superfund

Kodak, TN

#41 Feb 18, 2013
People of Rogersville should volunteer and remove the historic cement from th eyesore in th middle of the town.Then repurpose the concrete to fix the sidewalks. Two birds with one stone :)
duh

Kingsport, TN

#42 Feb 18, 2013
BIG TIME SLUM wrote:
Most of broadway with all the empty homes has started looking like a slum. make that a historical slum.
I wonder when building inspector/historic committee honcho will make the owners of burnt house tear it down. Been couple months, insurance should have already been settled(most policies cover tear down & removal) & think is obvious that it cannot be rebuilt from ruins.

Think it needs to come down.... Very unsightly, especially in front of the historic sidewalk
I THINK IT IS

Knoxville, TN

#43 Feb 18, 2013
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder when building inspector/historic committee honcho will make the owners of burnt house tear it down. Been couple months, insurance should have already been settled(most policies cover tear down & removal) & think is obvious that it cannot be rebuilt from ruins.
Think it needs to come down.... Very unsightly, especially in front of the historic sidewalk
More in character with the sidewalk...after all it is a historical burnt building and should be perserved....maybe the hysterical idiots and bldg inspector can justify keeping it as is...that way if no one trips and falls on the sidewalk maybe a falling timber will get them....it may take a while for them to handle since i am sure they have not recovered from the GRIEF they had when the chopper sound knocked down part of the Inn.
Opinion

Kingsport, TN

#44 Feb 18, 2013
I agree about the upper end of Broadway being a dangerous place to walk. When you reach the end of Broadway there is very little room to walk out of the road. From Broadway you reach Colonial, which in my opinion is one of the worst streets in the county to try and walk down. It is heavily congested with vehicles going way to damn fast all hours of the day. Going toward Main Street there are ditches on either side of the road until you get down around the church. In my opinion, it is not safe for man, woman, child nor beast to walk that stretch of road. A decent sidewalk would eliminate these hazards.
Facts

Bristol, TN

#45 Feb 18, 2013
The reason the rocks on the sidewalk can't be removed is that Noah Delivered them when he had his Ark. These have great histerical value.
I THINK senile

Knoxville, TN

#46 Feb 18, 2013
Facts wrote:
The reason the rocks on the sidewalk can't be removed is that Noah Delivered them when he had his Ark. These have great histerical value.
people get attached to weird things.
Dolt

Greeneville, TN

#47 Feb 18, 2013
Opinion wrote:
I agree about the upper end of Broadway being a dangerous place to walk.
Of course you agree. You and the other person are one and the same.
Willy

United States

#48 Feb 18, 2013
This whole situation with the histerical sidewalk is about as dumb as it gets.
EVER TRY AND

Strawberry Plains, TN

#49 Feb 19, 2013
To ride a wheel chair over that sidewalk? lets set up a test ride for the hysterical group.
TOOK

Bristol, TN

#50 Feb 20, 2013
My wife to see this Histerical sidewalk today. In fact we made two passes by it.
DID YOU

Knoxville, TN

#51 Feb 21, 2013
Take any pictures you can post...maybe they could make the history channel>
TOOK

Bristol, TN

#52 Feb 23, 2013
My wife to see the side walk again yesterday. In fact we had to go by to see it three time.
Well

Kingsport, TN

#53 Feb 24, 2013
What is the latest on this debacle?
THE ELITE HYSTERICAL

Knoxville, TN

#54 Feb 24, 2013
Well wrote:
What is the latest on this debacle?
Get thier way.
citizen

Madisonville, TN

#55 Feb 24, 2013
What would be a good reason for having a sidewalk out to Green Street when the kids would have to walk out in the road for a block until they came to Colonial, which also doesn't have sidewalks? Crazy!
Common sense

Batesburg, SC

#56 Feb 24, 2013
citizen wrote:
What would be a good reason for having a sidewalk out to Green Street when the kids would have to walk out in the road for a block until they came to Colonial, which also doesn't have sidewalks? Crazy!
To replace the hazardous liability and eyesore that is there now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why vote republican 5 min Concerned Citizen 7
Best pool shooters around 19 min Wami 43
What's going on oak grove road 1 hr Dale 12
Why are people in Hawkins County devolving? 1 hr Wow 10
Poll Did HC Commission do the right thing when they ... 1 hr David 112
HOPE HAVEN FOR ANIMALS COURTNEY MURRELL is a th... 1 hr concerned 1
5 star nursing home? I think not. 1 hr pete 15
Johnathan Lawson 4 hr Wami 21
Wreck on 66 7 hr Prayers 3
Murder in Mooresburg Tn 12 hr Yankee13 21