school lunch/august 2012
jessee

United States

#21 Aug 9, 2012
Does the localmayor-commisioners-princi pals-senate-congresshave any say about school meals-studies etc.?
Goober

Parsons, TN

#22 Aug 9, 2012
Hey people.... go back to the basics.... nothing wrong with A BIG OLE GLASS OF MILK FOR BREAKFAST... SOME HOMEMADE CORNBREAD LOADED WITH BUTTER... LEFTOVER PINTO BEANS..AND SOME GOOD OLE FRIED POTATOES.... MOMA STARTED OUR SCHOOL DAYS WITH THAT.... AND OATMEAL AND MORE BUTTER.. SOME BROWN SUGAR AND MILK THAT WENT AROUNG THE EDGE OF THE OATMEAL.... I ATE THIS STUFF EVERY DAY MY SCHOOL YEARS... WAS I FAT.... HECK NO.,.. I HAD ENOUGH ENERGY TO OUTRUN EVERYBODY EVERYWHERE.... WHEN I GOT HOME IT WAS THE SAME THING....ADDED WAS SOME CORN ON THE COB AND SLICED TOMATOES....IF IT WERE THE WEEKEND WE HAD ORANGE JUICE SOME APPLES AND FRIED CHICKEN FOR SUNDAYS..... IF ALL FAILED.. WE HAD A GOOD OLE BOLONY SANDWICH WITH SLICED TOMATOES.... IN THE WINTER WE HAD A FREEZER FULL OF FOOD FROM THE GARDEN THAT DADDY WORKED HIS BUTT OFF TO PRODUCE.. THAT IS..AFTER HE HAD ALREADY WORKED A TEN HOUR JOB,.,, BEST AND MOST HAPPIEST TIME OF MY LIFE...DANG...THE LIBERALS DO NOT WANNA HERE THAT!!! Vote Get back to work america.... Obama does not wanna do that!!!! This country has gone to hell in a hen basket.... take back America!!! PS Don't expect you too cook like my moma did..... just buy Luck' from a can... instant cornbread...and tomatoes from your local farmer..... it's good eatin people.... you'll live to be 95!
duh

Jefferson City, TN

#23 Aug 9, 2012
2 years for a RN? I would love to know where that is possible.
Brick

Kingsport, TN

#24 Aug 9, 2012
Got a poblem with school lunches? Then write your govenor and senator. This is a new law and the school system nor the cafeteria workers have a say in this, do you tell your boss how to do their job? Hell no or you wouldn't have one and the cafeteria workers are just trying to make a living just as you are they feed the kids what they are told to feed them and prepare it as they are told to or they are out of a job. Sooo..get off your ass and contact the right people such as Mrs. Obama make your complaints to her. And please don't judge these workers they are just as concerned maybe more concerned than some of the parents as to what these kids eat they have no choice but to do as they are told.
northeast state

Mckenzie, TN

#25 Aug 9, 2012
duh wrote:
2 years for a RN? I would love to know where that is possible.
northeast state enrolls every year. i know...you would think that a RN would have a bachelor's degree and it's been a debate for years that the standards should be raised. however, they still haven't been and you can be a RN with an associate's degree all over the country.

guess what else? a RN with a bachelor's degree gets paid exactly the same as a RN with an associate's degree.

those are the facts, jack!
duh

Jefferson City, TN

#26 Aug 9, 2012
I stand corrected. I did not realize that RN could be accomplished in 2 yrs...I worked hard for 4 yrs,lol
Goober

Parsons, TN

#27 Aug 9, 2012
First of all...A 2 yr is available at Walters State... but those students work their butts off for it....most students do not get their RN's from there anymore because most need remedials for a year or two and the training is to hard and they drop out. Second... if a school will not cash your check then most likely you have a history of a bounced or unclaimed check that the school has a history with,,,, been there done that buddy... we are all working here people.... but dang...goober is disappoinged that no one has a question about his moma's cooking... nor the nutritious values! I forgot to throw in the apple and peach and cherry pies.... Dang...topics is good... makes me realize what a good moma and daddy I had.... guess I had forgotten.... I guess I considered all these years school lunches as treats.... I remember laying down the 3 quarters....to pay for the food...never a free lunch here.... but forgot how I got to swival the stuff around my fork while i talked to no ends...lunchtime was a social event... I never ever remember being hungry for lunch.... really as for that matter of fact... supper either.... and absolutely never ever did I ever go to be hungry. Guess it was the cornbead and beans for breakfast.... come on people..... agree!! If not give it a try!!! It is not expensive... it works... you kids will love you for it.... It also causes STABILITY
northeast state

Mckenzie, TN

#28 Aug 9, 2012
i'm well aware of every possible path for nurses since that's the route i took after giving up on teaching.

a bachelor's degree is good if you want to get off the floor and go into management, or if you plan to go on and be a nurse practitioner. otherwise, an associate's degree will suffice.

it's been proven that patients have better outcomes when cared for by a BSN prepared RN, but i guess they still accept the associate's level because of the "nursing shortage" since they can pump them out faster.
Goober

Parsons, TN

#29 Aug 9, 2012
Nope...northeat state.... they are no schools pumping out nurses... hell... no body wants to be a nurse anymore...... it's God's choice of work...taking care of people...with compassion... and that compassion does not exist anymore.... anybody with any sense can get into any nurse training... 10 years ago there was a waiting list.... nowadays.... anybody wanting to be a nurse is on drugs... the schools have to test them now... that's why there is such a drop out level...... Kido.....that's why I have other things to do ...than to be on topics... but I realize our society is in such an epidemic... crap... you folks have Cythia Bundren Jackson running for your State Senate... you guys need some help..... and funny thing... she got just more than her own family's votes. Stop asking what your country can do for you.... the next generation upcoming no longer has this luxury.... the rolling stones is dead.. so are the liberals... ask THIS>>>>>> > WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY own FAMILY>>>> Dang.... this is stupid... stop complaining... start voting....for work,... and learn that beans and taters are not something you are entitled too,... its food that you earned.... and you know what... gosh darn... when you have earned it... it taste darne good......best eatin ever....... I will not vote for mitt,... but I refuse to vote for a libel..... use to be one,,, bill clinton changed my mind....folks,.... ia m getting old and i know rely on the dictionary look up libel.... it defines as a DEFALATORY WRITING.....A MALICIOUS PUBLICATION... A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF A PLAINTIFFS GROUND AGAINST ANOTHER PERSON......TOO TO LAMPOON..TO EXHIBIT A CHARGE IN COURT..........NOW BACK TO THE TOPIX... GO TO WALLIWORLD AND GET SOME SCRUBADUB TUBS... GET THEM SOME LUKE'S BEANS.. SOME COTTAGE CHEEZE.. SOME SLICED APPLES AND THROW IN A SLICE OF BREAD AND A BANANA..... LEARN AND WATCH YOUR KID GROW..... PS THROW AWAY THE DEAD BEAT DAD... THROW AWAY DEAD BEAT MOMA.... CLAIN AMERICA.... WE ARE AMERICA... WE WILL GROW..... AND REMEMBER... GET OUT OF ROGERSVILLE,... IT IS WONDERFUL TOWN TO VISIT,,,,, BUT IF YOU MAKE IT OUT OF THERE WITHOUT DOPE,,,,, THEN YOU ARE NO LONGER HOMEGROWN,...JUST A VISITOR,,,, AND THE TOWN NEEDS TOURISM.....GIVE THEIR HISTORIALS SOMETHING to talk about ....it is a wonderful town that for years refused to grow,,,,,hired their own to make sure it didn't grow,... Rogersville.... start growing beans..,. and taters.... and gooberheards..... goobers are fun!
you are dumb

Mckenzie, TN

#30 Aug 9, 2012
Goober wrote:
Nope...northeat state.... they are no schools pumping out nurses... hell... no body wants to be a nurse anymore...... it's God's choice of work...taking care of people...with compassion... and that compassion does not exist anymore.... anybody with any sense can get into any nurse training... 10 years ago there was a waiting list.... nowadays.... anybody wanting to be a nurse is on drugs... the schools have to test them now... that's why there is such a drop out level...... Kido.....that's why I have other things to do ...than to be on topics... but I realize our society is in such an epidemic... crap... you folks have Cythia Bundren Jackson running for your State Senate... you guys need some help..... and funny thing... she got just more than her own family's votes. Stop asking what your country can do for you.... the next generation upcoming no longer has this luxury.... the rolling stones is dead.. so are the liberals... ask THIS>>>>>> > WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY own FAMILY>>>> Dang.... this is stupid... stop complaining... start voting....for work,... and learn that beans and taters are not something you are entitled too,... its food that you earned.... and you know what... gosh darn... when you have earned it... it taste darne good......best eatin ever....... I will not vote for mitt,... but I refuse to vote for a libel..... use to be one,,, bill clinton changed my mind....folks,.... ia m getting old and i know rely on the dictionary look up libel.... it defines as a DEFALATORY WRITING.....A MALICIOUS PUBLICATION... A WRITTEN STATEMENT OF A PLAINTIFFS GROUND AGAINST ANOTHER PERSON......TOO TO LAMPOON..TO EXHIBIT A CHARGE IN COURT..........NOW BACK TO THE TOPIX... GO TO WALLIWORLD AND GET SOME SCRUBADUB TUBS... GET THEM SOME LUKE'S BEANS.. SOME COTTAGE CHEEZE.. SOME SLICED APPLES AND THROW IN A SLICE OF BREAD AND A BANANA..... LEARN AND WATCH YOUR KID GROW..... PS THROW AWAY THE DEAD BEAT DAD... THROW AWAY DEAD BEAT MOMA.... CLAIN AMERICA.... WE ARE AMERICA... WE WILL GROW..... AND REMEMBER... GET OUT OF ROGERSVILLE,... IT IS WONDERFUL TOWN TO VISIT,,,,, BUT IF YOU MAKE IT OUT OF THERE WITHOUT DOPE,,,,, THEN YOU ARE NO LONGER HOMEGROWN,...JUST A VISITOR,,,, AND THE TOWN NEEDS TOURISM.....GIVE THEIR HISTORIALS SOMETHING to talk about ....it is a wonderful town that for years refused to grow,,,,,hired their own to make sure it didn't grow,... Rogersville.... start growing beans..,. and taters.... and gooberheards..... goobers are fun!
i love how i have both a teaching license and went to etsu for nursing school yet people want to tell ME how both professions operate. that's funny.

i was accepted into a 2nd degree accelerated program that had over 600 applicants and 40 of us got accepted. people moved to this area from across the country to attend. the days of a 3.0 GPA are over. if you didn't have at least a 3.6 then you might as well not have bothered. the recession sent a lot of people back to nursing school. my class had several master's degree educated professionals who went to nursing after losing their jobs. if anything, it's harder now than it used to be.

whatever...what would i know. i'm not an armchair expert. i've actually been there and done that.
oops

Mckenzie, TN

#31 Aug 9, 2012
sorry for the double post. i just realized i hadn't put "northeast state" into the name box and i wanted you to know i'm the same person responding.
worker

United States

#32 Aug 10, 2012
notsofat wrote:
<quoted text>
your child is a hog! Both of mine are fine with the lunches. If you are so upset about it, pack your kids a lunch and shut the hell up!!!!!
I'm glad your kids get enough to eat on the school meals, but some don't. It doesn't make them a hog. Maybe you should be feed the same meals as our children, and then we would see how full you get.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE

Knoxville, TN

#33 Aug 10, 2012
in the know wrote:
It takes a bachelor's degree to be a teacher, and the teacher must be highly qualified. Most of the time it takes 5 years because the teacher must major in an area and then take the education classes. Then, the teacher must pass the core battery national teachers exam and the praxis test for their area of teaching. The teacher must be VERY patient. Especially to teach in Hawkins county where extra pressures and duties are expected for less pay than surrounding counties. There are some very dedicated teachers that put up with a lot to stay. If teaching were so 'glorified' and easy the colleges around here would still be graduating over 500 teachers per year instead of 100 as they are now. To the lunches...it is only the federal governments fault that the kids are not getting enough to eat. The schools are not allowed to feed them like they could last year. Yes-it is Mrs. Michelle Obama's fault. The government will pull funding from our schools if they don't comply with how she feeds her kids. So a football player has to make it through til practice is over after 6:00 on the 3 little pieces of chicken nuggets. Again our government is to blame this time.
Why our school systems are so backward...everyone has to blame the political system when they are the problem..brillant remarks for an uneducated brainwashed idiot.
Brown Bag It

AOL

#34 Aug 10, 2012
Some of you people are out of your minds. You don't bother to participate at any of the school board meetings or don't vote in local elections unless a friend or relative is running. Now you want to blame the government,President Obama or liberals for Bubba's tray not being loaded.

Have junior take a picture of himself and his schools meals for a week and post them here. As long as schools fulfill the daily nutrition requirements, that's all that's required.(I know how teenage boys eat. Dad made a point of showing us what we cost him & mom by making an itemized list of all meals and snacks we put away for a month.)

You want better food or more food, prepare to pay more taxes to get it. If Bubba's tray was full of pizza, fries and fat burgers mommie wouldn't have heard a peep out of him until he had is first heart attack on the field.

Now why don't you people waltz over to the Hale Springs Inn and ask how much your elected officials are charging to the tax payers tab today.

PS. PICK UP YOUR ELECTION SIGNS!
facts

Sevierville, TN

#35 Aug 10, 2012
godblesstheUSA

Johnson City, TN

#37 Aug 10, 2012
worker wrote:
For some kids this is the only neal they get. They are starving our kids and charging us $2.25 for lunch and $1.75 for breakfast. That is ridiculous. Kids need healthy meals, but they also need enough to be considered meals.
I know what you mean.

Lets get mad as hell at the schools and the First Lady for shorting our kids the only full meal of the day, but let freedom-loving, personal responsibilty-thumping, right-to-work state loving parents who never should have had kids and who cannot afford to feed the mouths they have off the hook.

Also, lets all do as the Pastor sez and vote to abolish abortion while also voting to cut the school budget because we don't like taxes!!

Yea for us, but thumbs down on that faggoty first lady.
inside edition news

Mckenzie, TN

#38 Aug 10, 2012
my children have not said a word about not having enough to eat at school this year. guess what else? my kids don't even eat breakfast.

save it. i know breakfast is important...blah blah blah. i offer to make them breakfast every morning (even after repeated no's) and they have the option to eat at school. they just don't like to eat breakfast so early...i never did either.

point being: if my kids whose first meal of the day is lunch around 10-11 a.m. aren't complaining of hunger then i find it hard to believe that other kids are "starving." they probably just think they are starving because they're used to having portions that are 2-3x the healthy amount.

after seeing this thread last night, i asked my kids this morning on the way to school if they got full at lunch. they both said yes.

i think schools have the right idea. eating has become a hobby. you could literally list "eating" as a hobby. people call themselves "foodies." wtf...if you don't think your kid is getting enough to eat though, regardless of what anyone's opinion is, please send them a banana or something to supplement....or a snickers bar...whatever.
notsofat

Sharon, SC

#39 Aug 10, 2012
inside edition news wrote:
my children have not said a word about not having enough to eat at school this year. guess what else? my kids don't even eat breakfast.

save it. i know breakfast is important...blah blah blah. i offer to make them breakfast every morning (even after repeated no's) and they have the option to eat at school. they just don't like to eat breakfast so early...i never did either.

point being: if my kids whose first meal of the day is lunch around 10-11 a.m. aren't complaining of hunger then i find it hard to believe that other kids are "starving." they probably just think they are starving because they're used to having portions that are 2-3x the healthy amount.

after seeing this thread last night, i asked my kids this morning on the way to school if they got full at lunch. they both said yes.

i think schools have the right idea. eating has become a hobby. you could literally list "eating" as a hobby. people call themselves "foodies." wtf...if you don't think your kid is getting enough to eat though, regardless of what anyone's opinion is, please send them a banana or something to supplement....or a snickers bar...whatever.
my sentiments exactly! Well said.
???

United States

#40 Aug 10, 2012
Please wrote:
Stupid RMS wouldnt take a check for my Kids lunch but I bet the people working ther have no problem cashing their CHECKS from our tax dollars that paid their as*. Had no problem at the two schools before. Its time to change the school system. We have a bunch of idiots running the place with gov't backing and they are taking advantage of we the people.
It sounds like you're the only idiot. If they wouldn't take a check, then that means they've had problems with your checks being returned!!! And another thing, a very small amount of the Hawkins Co. Teachers' pay comes from local. The majority is state.
???

United States

#41 Aug 10, 2012
MOORESBURG MOM wrote:
My son has come home this week starved to death,he is in middle school and he said he got more food in ele school than this year,whats up? They still charge the same but less food...
If your child is not eating enough, he's being too picky. The students serve themselves. They have plenty to chose from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Simpson 31 min tina j 15
Inept County Government 37 min Old TImer 68
Excavating Services 4 hr info 10
This is why Trump won 5 hr Lol 24
Stephanie Harmon 5 hr josbro 12
Creekside apartments on broadway 5 hr 12345Wow 1
Brianna S 6 hr Freimd 1

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance