what happened in front of cherokee, f...

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#62 Oct 5, 2008
Ryan Trent wrote:
Oh and one more last thing to add to the gossip page. Its spelt not Sean but Shawn and not Sweeny
Its Swiney.
Shawn Foster Swiney.
peace out
God Bless
Thank you for taking your time to post about your friend. I don't know him or his family, but please know this.

There are many people praying for him and that is what he needs.

Prayer for his strength to get thru this.....
Prayer for the doctors and nurses who are caring for him.....
Prayer for his family and friends to remain strong....
Prayer for him to recover swiftly and fully....
Prayer for the driver and their families.....

I know I've left out a million reasons why we should pray for him, but just know prayer warriors are on his side and have comfort that God is in charge of whatever is going to happen.

God Bless
queen405

Kingsport, TN

#63 Oct 5, 2008
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>So far you are the only one spreading that horrible mistake. What "news" is your source?
107.7 on the radio the next morning, I am so terrbily sorry, i would think the news radio had the whole story, again i mispoke, dang news i wish they would get the story straight.........
queen405

Kingsport, TN

#64 Oct 5, 2008
and the staff where i work heard the same thing and the customers also. we were all very upset. so i would never make up anything like that. i was not the only person who heard it.....
hometown

Sevierville, TN

#65 Oct 5, 2008
We all make mistakes queen405. Hopefully this young man will survive this horrible accident. My prayers are with the victim, his family, and the one who hit him.
rosie

Sweetwater, TN

#66 Oct 5, 2008
hey i know him but not good,good. but is he still alive or dead cause i've heard alot of diffrent story's. I hope he pulls through this because let me tell you he could be a light to someone one day. and people just dont realize how fast they could lose their life. i hope the best for him and i have been praying for him. And he needs a this chance to live because i really dont want his friends and family have to deal with losing him. Hes a cute boy let me tell you. and he mighted not done the best in the world, but thats no reason for him not to live, he needs a chance to live he needs our prayers. so everyone pray for him ok (i love you shaun) i mlght not know you that well but u are suppose to love everyone.
princessbabe44

Miami, FL

#67 Oct 5, 2008
Today, my daughter's went to see Shawn, and they say that they think he will be o.k., but he still needs everyone's prayers! prayer's goes along ways! My children and I have known him for several year's since they moved to Rogersville, and i am telling you you couldn't ask for no better family than that one! Shawn, is a very out going young man! He is very whitty, and very polite, it's always yes sir, yes mam, thank you mam or sir, His parents sure did raise them up in the right way, i can tell you that! He is still not awake, but i serve a GOD THAT CAN DO ALL THING'S! HE IS A HEALING GOD, AND I HAVE FAITH IN GOD! OUR CHURCH FRIENDLY VIEW BABTIST IS PRAYING FOR HIM, AND HIS FAMILY AS THEY SET BY HIS BED SIDE, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK EVERYONE TO KEEP THIS FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYER'S, AND IF GOD LEAD'S YOU TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP THIS FAMILY ( MAYBE A PREACHER) TO GO AND TALK TO THIS FAMILY I AM SURE IT WOULD BE APPERACITAED! LIKE I SAID THEY ARE A GOOD FAMILY, I HAVE BEEN TO THEIR HOUSE, TALKED WITH THEM, MY CHILDREN HAS PLAYED AT THEIR HOUSE, AND STAYED THE NITE THERE TOO, AND THEY MADE US FEEL VERY WELCOME IN THEIR HOME! JUST KEEP PRAYING THAT GOD WILL TOUCH SHAWN, AND HEAL HIM, AND HELP HIS MOTHER AND FATHER AND SISTER AS THEY SET BY HIS SIDE, GIVE THEM STRENGTH TO KEEP GOING! I KNOW HOW IT FEEL'S I JUST HAD A COUSIN TO COME HOME FROM THE HOSP. HE FEEL OFF HIS PORCH IN MAY, AND CAME HOME LAST WEEK, HE SPENT 5 MTHS. IN THE HOSP. AND THE DR'S SAID THEY DIDN'T THINK THERE WAS NO HOPE FOR MY COUSIN, AND WE PRAYED AND PRAYED AND LEFT IT IN THE LORDS HAND'S, AND PRAISE GOD HE IS HOME, HE IS STILL PARLIZED, AND IN A WHEEL CHAIR, BUT TONIGHT HE CAME TO CHURCH, AND REALLY ENJOYED IT! THAT IS WHAT KIND OF GOD I AM SERVING, IF YOU HAVE TRUELY BEEN SAVED THEN HE IS THE KIND OF GOD YOU SERVE! SO PLEASE KEEP SHAWN, AND HIS FAMILY IN YOUR PRAYERS THAT HE WILL PULL THRU IT, AND COME BACK HOME SOON! I MY SELF, MISS HIM NOT OUT IN TOWN IN HIS NEW LIL CAR, NOT ON HIS DIRT BIKE GOING UP AND DOWN HIS ROAD! BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD HE WILL BE BACK DOING IT SOON! SO ASK, TRUST AND BELEAVE AND YE SHALL RECIEVE, THE BIBLE TELL'S US THAT! THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE ONE WHO IS WRITTEN IN ABOUT SHAWN, I KNOW THE FAMILY APPERACITATES IT!
RITA LAWSON, AKA [email protected], I ALSO HAVE A PRAYER WORRIOR LINE THAT WE HAVE FOR REQUEST, YOU CAN GET A HOLD OF ME THERE AT prayer [email protected], thank you again for all the support, and interest about this young man! rita
princessbabe44

Miami, FL

#68 Oct 5, 2008
shawn is a live, and is in icu, he is like my own son! we love him dearly, and we miss his little soul not comming around us in the last couple day's! please keep praying for him, that he will get better soon, and come home, alot of people is talking crazy talk that he is dead! NO HE IS NOT!!! PLEASE DON'T BE SAYING THAT IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT IT IS TRUE! FOR HE IS ALIVE, GOD CAN ANSWER PRAYER'S LIKE I SAID, THE DR'S GAVE UP ON MY DAUGHER MADALYN WHEN SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD SAID SHE WOULDN'T LIVE TO GET A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT, BUT THE BIBLE READ'S TO PRAY ANOINT WITH OIL, AND ASK THE LORD TO HEAL THEM, AND TO BELEAVE IN HIM AND HE WOULD! I WAS HOLDING HER IN MY ARMS, AND I FELT A SHOCK COME THRU HER BODY, OUT OF HER BACK INTO MY CHEST, AND OUT MY BACK, AND I CAN SIT HERE TODAY, AND SAY IT HAS BEEN 8 YRS. AGO, AND SHE HASN'T HAD A KINDEY SPELL SINCE! NOW THAT IS THE LORDS WORK! I HAVE SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR, FOR MY FAMILY, MY LIL GIRL MADALYN, WHOM REALLY LIKES SHAWN, AND MY CHURCH FAMILY, AND SHAWN FOR HE ALWAYS PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, IF YOU WERE DOWN AND OUT, SHAWN COULD HELP YOU GET THRU THE DAY! JUST PRAY FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY ! THANK YOU RITA FROM ROGERSVILLE, AKA [email protected] OR [email protected] PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, WE HEAR DAILY FROM THE FAMILY! GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHOM IS CONCERNED! AND THE FAMILY THANKS YOU I AM SURE!!!!!!
Hot rod

Jellico, TN

#69 Oct 5, 2008
My family wish and hope for the best. God Bless. Get well soon.
Just a thought

Church Hill, VA

#70 Oct 5, 2008
queen405 wrote:
<quoted text>107.7 on the radio the next morning, I am so terrbily sorry, i would think the news radio had the whole story, again i mispoke, dang news i wish they would get the story straight.........
I don't doubt that the news made an error like that. The news industry lost all credibility years ago as far as I'm concerned. To make a mistake like that is unforgivable. The entire news industry is turning into the National Enquirer. I'm just glad to hear that the young man is showing signs of improvement.
Curmudgeon

AOL

#71 Oct 6, 2008
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>I don't doubt that the news made an error like that. The news industry lost all credibility years ago as far as I'm concerned. To make a mistake like that is unforgivable. The entire news industry is turning into the National Enquirer. I'm just glad to hear that the young man is showing signs of improvement.
Typical example, last Friday the Timew News had a front page story about a fatal fire on Stanley Valley Road and had the victim's name wrong.
YOUR A DUMBASS

Kingsport, TN

#73 Oct 6, 2008
I swear to god I will pray for you! YOUR THE REASON THIS WORLD IS SUCH A BAD PLACE.!!!!!!!

Everyone Shawn is doing good. Please just continue to pray for him.

Thank you :)
Another thing

Kingsport, TN

#74 Oct 6, 2008
This is a life at stake. I know this town is little, and there's not a whole lot to do but to start trouble, and be redneck. But Please just stop coming on the site. If you feel that way, then go do something else productive instead of being you.

Thanks.

Shawns closest <3
greenery

AOL

#76 Oct 6, 2008
Bryan Trent wrote:
The kid is an idiot. Im not the reason the world is a bad place due to the fact that I'm not a moron who runs in front of moving vehicles. I do believe one of the first things our children are taught is look both ways before crossing the street. Also to show you how most of this town is just white trash anyway you resort to saying someone is being "redneck" if the voice there opinion. Can you please explain to me what you mean by "redneck"?
This kid is really in BAD shape and may not live to ever even walk or talk again! You should be more compassionate! So what is he was playing in the road! We all make dumb mistakes, but most of us dont die from them!
Outraged

Rogersville, TN

#77 Oct 6, 2008
greenery wrote:
<quoted text> This kid is really in BAD shape and may not live to ever even walk or talk again! You should be more compassionate! So what is he was playing in the road! We all make dumb mistakes, but most of us dont die from them!
I never said I want him to die. I understand that it most be tough for his family but if he does it 100% his own doing. So I feel bad for his loved one's but I do not feel bad for ignorance at seventeen you should know way better. Also for the person that said there going to pray for me a sidenote: I am jewish so according to all the christians out there or atleast the majority your "god" (which by the way is my god also) doesnt love me like he loves you so its a lost cause to pray for me. The reason being is I will not woreship a false idol.
wtfs wrong with you

Indian Trail, NC

#78 Oct 6, 2008
YOUR A DUMBASS wrote:
I swear to god I will pray for you! YOUR THE REASON THIS WORLD IS SUCH A BAD PLACE.!!!!!!!
Everyone Shawn is doing good. Please just continue to pray for him.
Thank you :)
This boys family and friends read this site to keep them posted on his condition. You should never write the things you have sayed in all your comments. It is very rude!!! You talk as if you know he was playing in the road. That just wasn't so. He was crossing the street. It was Homecoming night. You should really watch what you say on here. If you can't say something with meaning or truth than you just shouldn't say nothing at all. If you don't know him... or know what happened to him, than your opinion isn't needed here. I'm sure if this was your brother or someone close to you... you would not appriciate lies and comments such as your own!
wtfs wrong with you

Indian Trail, NC

#79 Oct 6, 2008
I meant that comment be posted to BRYAN TRENT!!!!

“we're screwed!”

Since: Sep 08

Surgoinsville

#80 Oct 6, 2008
wtfs wrong with you wrote:
<quoted text>
This boys family and friends read this site to keep them posted on his condition. You should never write the things you have sayed in all your comments. It is very rude!!! You talk as if you know he was playing in the road. That just wasn't so. He was crossing the street. It was Homecoming night. You should really watch what you say on here. If you can't say something with meaning or truth than you just shouldn't say nothing at all. If you don't know him... or know what happened to him, than your opinion isn't needed here. I'm sure if this was your brother or someone close to you... you would not appriciate lies and comments such as your own!
we should all just ignore ignorance. that is all this person wants, a fight. you're playing right into their hands by arguing with them.
Possum

United States

#81 Oct 6, 2008
Curmudgeon wrote:
Even if there had been a traffic signal, if someone runs across a road they run the risk of getting hit.
As for a signal, the amount of traffic doesn't justify one. It may be busy for 20 minutes in the morning and less than 20 each afternoon, only when school is in session, 180 days per year. Then there are a few sporting events and graduation but the rest of the time it would be a waste, and signals cost thousands,$20,000 +, to install.
There is no signal near Volunteer and 11W has far more traffic than highwy 66.
All that being said, I pray the young boy was not seriously inujured and makes a full recovery.
I agree that a redlight is NOT needed there.It would probably not have stopped this young man from running across the road in front of a car with its headlights on. What in the world was he thinking?Red lights consume gas.I hope this kid and family are ok,but we pay for the consequences of our actions.
Possum

United States

#82 Oct 6, 2008
princessbabe44 wrote:
shawn is a live, and is in icu, he is like my own son! we love him dearly, and we miss his little soul not comming around us in the last couple day's! please keep praying for him, that he will get better soon, and come home, alot of people is talking crazy talk that he is dead! NO HE IS NOT!!! PLEASE DON'T BE SAYING THAT IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT IT IS TRUE! FOR HE IS ALIVE, GOD CAN ANSWER PRAYER'S LIKE I SAID, THE DR'S GAVE UP ON MY DAUGHER MADALYN WHEN SHE WAS 8 YEARS OLD SAID SHE WOULDN'T LIVE TO GET A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT, BUT THE BIBLE READ'S TO PRAY ANOINT WITH OIL, AND ASK THE LORD TO HEAL THEM, AND TO BELEAVE IN HIM AND HE WOULD! I WAS HOLDING HER IN MY ARMS, AND I FELT A SHOCK COME THRU HER BODY, OUT OF HER BACK INTO MY CHEST, AND OUT MY BACK, AND I CAN SIT HERE TODAY, AND SAY IT HAS BEEN 8 YRS. AGO, AND SHE HASN'T HAD A KINDEY SPELL SINCE! NOW THAT IS THE LORDS WORK! I HAVE SO MUCH TO THANK HIM FOR, FOR MY FAMILY, MY LIL GIRL MADALYN, WHOM REALLY LIKES SHAWN, AND MY CHURCH FAMILY, AND SHAWN FOR HE ALWAYS PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, IF YOU WERE DOWN AND OUT, SHAWN COULD HELP YOU GET THRU THE DAY! JUST PRAY FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY ! THANK YOU RITA FROM ROGERSVILLE, AKA [email protected] OR [email protected] PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME, WE HEAR DAILY FROM THE FAMILY! GOD BLESS EVERYONE WHOM IS CONCERNED! AND THE FAMILY THANKS YOU I AM SURE!!!!!!
Tell me more about the shock thru her body,please.I had something similar happen to me once.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#83 Oct 6, 2008
They are in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats in Mourning for Monkey 11 min king kong 14
State legislature passes transgeder bathroom bill 29 min Calhoun 1
Va. Lt. Gov. Criticizes Trump's Veterans Record... 40 min Calhoun 7
Elizabeth Warren bent Trump over he knee 45 min Calhoun 19
Tell the Truth Republicans 52 min Calhoun 15
Cameron goins 57 min Calhoun 9
preachers are child molesters 59 min Calhoun 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages