Which volunteer fire dept has got the...

Which volunteer fire dept has got the most trained to the state level.

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
County

Clarksville, TN

#1 Dec 29, 2012
Ok I am picking 4 depts.
1 Striggersville
2 Lake View
3 Bulls Gap
4 Persia
Feel free to comment how you feel and try to be some nice about it.
Nope

Lebanon, TN

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Heck Bulls Gap cant get to a call they need new chief Chucky got head up his womens butt cant do nothing
Goat

Asheboro, NC

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Persia got the smallest fire dept and the smallest area.
FYI

Sevierville, TN

#4 Dec 29, 2012
From the Tennessee Fire Service and Code Enforcement Academy(TFSCA). These are the fire departments with the most training.

Tennessee Departments Recognized

And the winners are....

The winners are the firefighters and emergency responders of TN. For the fifth consecutive year the number of departments achieving "ELITE CLUB" status has increased. This year 52 departments received or conducted training to meet the minimum of 1,000 hours through TFACA.

Don't see your department listed? If you had over 1,000 hours this year conducted through TFACA
let us know. We will research our records to see if we missed hours from your organization.

Here are the departments achieving club member and hours.

TFACA Elite Club 2011-2012
Platinum
Gallatin Fire Department 4,824

Gold
Oak Ridge Fire Department 3,970
Kingsport Fire Department 3,733
Franklin Fire Department 3,034
Nashville Fire Department 2,950
Murfreesboro Fire Department 2,911
Hardin County Fire Department 2,842
Rural/Metro Fire Department 2,806
Hendersonville Fire Department 2,775
Johnson City Fire Department 2,740
Morristown Fire Department 2,521
Rutherford County Fire & Rescue 2,494
Smyrna Fire Department 2,470
Wilson County EMA 2,446
Jefferson City Fire Department 2,175
Greeneville Fire Department 2,061
Jackson Fire Department 2,033
Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue 2,713

TFACA Elite Club 2011-2012
Silver
Milan Fire Department 1,917
Tullahoma Fire Department 1,778
Brentwood Fire Department 1,650
Brady County Volunteer Fire Department 1,637
Shelbyville Fire Department 1,553
Cookeville Fire Department 1,518
Montgomery County Volunteer Fire Dept. 1,390
Bristol Fire Department 1,376
Columbia Fire Department 1,184
Chattanooga Fire Department 1,127
Loudon Fire Department 1,032
McKenzie Fire Department 1,024
Seymour Volunteer Fire Department 1,009
Ducky

United States

#5 Dec 29, 2012
Their all a bunch of rubber knecked dumbasses lol. Let the rude comments begin...
Hoser

Newport, TN

#6 Dec 29, 2012
They should judge it by average hours of training per member.
wow

Morristown, TN

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Ducky wrote:
Their all a bunch of rubber knecked dumbasses lol. Let the rude comments begin...
You can't even spell and you have the nerve to call VOLUNTEER firefighters dumb asses ?!? WoW !
Country

Asheboro, NC

#8 Dec 29, 2012
FYI wrote:
From the Tennessee Fire Service and Code Enforcement Academy(TFSCA). These are the fire departments with the most training.
Tennessee Departments Recognized
And the winners are....
The winners are the firefighters and emergency responders of TN. For the fifth consecutive year the number of departments achieving "ELITE CLUB" status has increased. This year 52 departments received or conducted training to meet the minimum of 1,000 hours through TFACA.
Don't see your department listed? If you had over 1,000 hours this year conducted through TFACA
let us know. We will research our records to see if we missed hours from your organization.
Here are the departments achieving club member and hours.
TFACA Elite Club 2011-2012
Platinum
Gallatin Fire Department 4,824
Gold
Oak Ridge Fire Department 3,970
Kingsport Fire Department 3,733
Franklin Fire Department 3,034
Nashville Fire Department 2,950
Murfreesboro Fire Department 2,911
Hardin County Fire Department 2,842
Rural/Metro Fire Department 2,806
Hendersonville Fire Department 2,775
Johnson City Fire Department 2,740
Morristown Fire Department 2,521
Rutherford County Fire & Rescue 2,494
Smyrna Fire Department 2,470
Wilson County EMA 2,446
Jefferson City Fire Department 2,175
Greeneville Fire Department 2,061
Jackson Fire Department 2,033
Murfreesboro Fire & Rescue 2,713
TFACA Elite Club 2011-2012
Silver
Milan Fire Department 1,917
Tullahoma Fire Department 1,778
Brentwood Fire Department 1,650
Brady County Volunteer Fire Department 1,637
Shelbyville Fire Department 1,553
Cookeville Fire Department 1,518
Montgomery County Volunteer Fire Dept. 1,390
Bristol Fire Department 1,376
Columbia Fire Department 1,184
Chattanooga Fire Department 1,127
Loudon Fire Department 1,032
McKenzie Fire Department 1,024
Seymour Volunteer Fire Department 1,009
Amen thanks.
tada

Indian Trail, NC

#9 Dec 30, 2012
All of our Volunteer Fire depts. Are great.
Funny

Asheboro, NC

#10 Dec 30, 2012
tada wrote:
All of our Volunteer Fire depts. Are great.
lol. Out of the 4 depts Striggersville and Lake view do the best the other 2 needs new chiefs one of them can be replaced the other is busy counting money he got from TVA.
Geeez

Morristown, TN

#11 Dec 30, 2012
Country wrote:
<quoted text> Amen thanks.
The ones that you have listed....are they paid departments or strictly volunteer? Just curious.
FYI

Sevierville, TN

#12 Dec 31, 2012
Geeez wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that you have listed....are they paid departments or strictly volunteer? Just curious.
They are a mix of paid and volunteer.
Local

Johnson City, TN

#13 Dec 31, 2012
FYI wrote:
<quoted text>
They are a mix of paid and volunteer.
The 4 that are listed are all volunteer. Not on member gets any pay for being a "volunteer fire fighter."
Bulls Gap Guy

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Dec 31, 2012
Nope wrote:
Heck Bulls Gap cant get to a call they need new chief Chucky got head up his womens butt cant do nothing
I have to say you are right on this comment. One of my family members is a member of this department and they told me in the with in this last year their membership rate and response time has went down hill alot. He told me they are lucky to get one truck to go en route to calls and no one ever uses the station on hwy 113 (i guess you are screwed if you lived in that area). On top of all of that they haven't had a meeting in 8 months!!!! Whats the deal Chucky & Jeff?????
Barbie

Kingsport, TN

#15 Dec 31, 2012
The problem with the fire departments are their Chiefs and assistant chiefs is they think they can't be replaced. Some of them have been in there too long and don't want new blood for leadership. One recently found out that he wasn't as valuable as he thought.
dog not huntin

Sevierville, TN

#16 Dec 31, 2012
Sounds to me from reading this post that there is a problem.

If you are interested in what the law states and the requirements of it are. Then follow this link

http://trace.tennessee.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cg...

1. Either some of the general public or department members do not like the officers that are in charge of the departments at the present time.

2. That the volunteer firefighters of this county have not been training or at least training to meet the standards set by the laws of Tennessee.

3. Yes the law allows for firefighters with 5 years or more experience to be exempted from the training requirements.

4. The volunteer fire departments are there to provide fire service to their communities. If you do not like what is happening in the local department then attend their next meeting and voice your concerns.

5. I have always been and advocate for more education. Didn't have a chance for a lot when I was growing up. But I have always told my children and grandchildren. You can never learn to much. Even if you hear the same instructor twice you will always learn something.

To the fire departments of Hawkins County.
You do a good service for our county. But there is always room for improvement. With this New Year closing in on each and everyone. Make a new years resolution among yourselves.

1. That you will train more.
2. That you will train more together.
3. That you will bring in people that can instruct your firefighter's in the jobs that they perform
4. Leave your I am better than you department mentality at the door of 2012.
5. I have no idea why that the fire departments in Hawkins County could not be on the Tennessee Fire Service list.

As a friend of mine use to always say train as if your life depended on it. Because one day it may very well. He was in law enforcement.

May each fire department, law enforcement, emergency medical and rescue unit have a safe and wonderful new year.
just a thought

Kingsport, TN

#17 Jan 3, 2013
I agree that Hawkins County has some very good fire departments. But judging from the list posted by FYI seems that Hawkins County is slipping in the training area.
Local

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jan 3, 2013
just a thought wrote:
I agree that Hawkins County has some very good fire departments. But judging from the list posted by FYI seems that Hawkins County is slipping in the training area.
I agree with you on some of the departments slipping on training. The list above shows all departments that are "paid", "staffed" or whatever you want to call them. The 12 departments in Hawkins County which includes the cities are not staffed 24/7 nor do they have full time paid fireman. Just another querk we have in Hawkins County. I understand that the 8 county departments, not located in a municipality, got $17,000.00 last year as a donation from the county. The only other monies they get is from fund raisers. I bet they could train more if they did not have to do fund raisers all the time to pay bills. How much is fire protection worth to the people of Hawkins County. Donations started dropping several years ago due to economical times. Anybody got any logical ideals.
firefighter

United States

#19 Feb 25, 2013
you know Persia might be a small dept but when we are paged out for a fire or backup to other depts someone responds with trucks and we do the same work as the other depts so dont knock Persia and Bullsgap we all do our best we can.
Duh

Nebo, NC

#20 Feb 26, 2013
Prayers to the family & department that lost a member.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sam dong / worst place in rogersville to work! 22 min Be warned 13
Wheel Tax - About Time 1 hr Realist 2
Why are the democrats terrified of Donald Trump? 4 hr okimar 84
places hiring 9 hr Be warned 8
Failed Budget Committee 12 hr Maybe 75
stacey ann (Sep '14) 18 hr Shame 6
Ghost&Haunted House,s in Rogersville (Feb '08) 20 hr Twilight Zone 255
40.00 wheel tax increase 20 hr Make It Rain 15

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages