DW: Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz who woul...

DW: Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz who would win?

Created by Aries on May 7, 2009

1,441 votes

Click on an option to vote

Green Beret

Spetsnaz

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Aries

Rogersville, TN

#1 May 7, 2009
This is a debate for a TV show called "deadliest warrior" on Spike TV. It airs every Tuesday at 10 pm. This debate and poll is just for fun so no need to get frustrated over it. If don't watch the show go ahead and debate anyway or vote. Try to keep debate somewhat intelligent. Next tuesdays battle is between the US special forces Green Beret and the Russian special forces Spetsnaz.From the preview it looks like this fight will be a mixture of modern and cold war-era. Please try to refrain from just using "America is the best" as you're argument.
BATTLE WINNER
Apache vs Gladiator Apache
Samurai vs Viking Samurai
Spartan vs Ninja Spartan
Pirate vs Knight Pirate
Yakuza vs Mafia Yakuza
thank you!!
The Pool Man

Nashville, TN

#2 May 7, 2009
That to me is a tough one. I guess it would depend on the different combat scenarios as well as weaponry. I'll come back to this thread after I check out this episode. Can't wait
alex

Dayton, OH

#3 May 7, 2009
yakuza lost!!!!!!!!!!
yomammaman

Wagener, SC

#4 May 7, 2009
yea it did the yakuza lost the MAFIA won anyway i thought the mafia was going to win so i was right
sf7th

Miami, FL

#5 May 7, 2009
it would be tough to choose, but i am certain that a green beret would win..... weapons SF...hand to hand SPZ.....field training SF.
Aries wrote:
This is a debate for a TV show called "deadliest warrior" on Spike TV. It airs every Tuesday at 10 pm. This debate and poll is just for fun so no need to get frustrated over it. If don't watch the show go ahead and debate anyway or vote. Try to keep debate somewhat intelligent. Next tuesdays battle is between the US special forces Green Beret and the Russian special forces Spetsnaz.From the preview it looks like this fight will be a mixture of modern and cold war-era. Please try to refrain from just using "America is the best" as you're argument.
BATTLE WINNER
Spartan vs Ninja Spartan
Pirate vs Knight Pirate
Yakuza vs Mafia Yakuza
thank you!!
Mike

Mcallen, TX

#6 May 7, 2009
I have been correct on every match except for the viking vs samurai. I still can't believe the decision there. The samurai's weapons couldn't penetrate the viking's armor. Anyways the match between SF vs SPZ is a tough one. Although most of the US army aren't trained like the russians the special forces are an exception. Their training is just as brutal. I am an American but I will have to give the edge to the SPZ if they are facing each other. But, if the question was who is better at completing their mission I would give it to SF.
zk4tw

Wausau, WI

#7 May 7, 2009
SPZ. If experience and training is actually intergrated into the program than its definately gonna be SPZ.
richard

Augusta, GA

#8 May 8, 2009
what if the Green Beret is Rambo?...
zk4tw

Wausau, WI

#9 May 10, 2009
ooo.. then its still spz... unless rambo brings his bazooka... and bow...
Sarge

Johnson City, TN

#10 May 10, 2009
I used to be a Army Ranger and trained with Green Berets in Panama and Ft. Stewart,Ga. These guys are some tough SOB's. But the Russian spetsnaz are no walk in the park either. I was in service during the late 80's during the cold war and used to wargame against Russian scenario possibilities and regardless to what people think, the spetsnaz could give us a run for our money, their that good. We have better equipment and technoligies, only difference and reason why America's Green Berets win.
tbone

Jeffersonville, IN

#11 May 11, 2009
I gotta go with the Green Berets. The US has a better history of recognizing veterans of foreign action and sending them back to train others.

Other armies pass training onto their soldiers, our army passes on real world experience.
Steve

Freeport, NY

#12 May 11, 2009
i personally think the green berets are going to win. Although in the commercial, it says, the spetsnaz is goin to bring the special training, that US shotgun looked devastating
Dylan

San Marcos, CA

#13 May 11, 2009
This show is very interesting, but I give it no credit whatsoever. All the battles they have shown are incredibly situational (as will be Green Berets VS Spetsnaz) and the flaws in their physics are vast. I don't think whether the winner be Green Beret or Spetsnaz we should give that any extreme validity. But nonetheless, it should be interesting!
crazyoatmealtom

Kitchener, Canada

#14 May 12, 2009
Aries wrote:
BATTLE WINNER
Spartan vs Ninja Spartan
Pirate vs Knight Pirate
Yakuza vs Mafia Yakuza
thank you!!
idiot mafia won, not yakuza!
john

Rudolph, WI

#15 May 12, 2009
Green berets have greater wepons and technolgy, also they have more battlefield exp.
theman

Commerce, GA

#16 May 13, 2009
mafia beat yakuza!!!
The Doctor

Morristown, TN

#17 May 13, 2009
Hey everyone, Aries is going to be gone for a while so I am going to update his thread. This week there was a big surprise when the Spetnaz beat the Green Berets. It was a close simulation, but in the tests the Russians had a 3 weapon advantage to the Green Berets 2 with a tie in long range weapons. So this Week it is, so far:
Samurai vs Viking Winner-Samurai
Spartan vs Ninja Winner-Spartan
Pirate vs Knight Winner-Pirate
Yakuza vs Mafia Winner-Mafia
Green Beret vs Spetsnaz Winner- Spetsnaz

Next week it's Shaolin Monks vs maori
mpister

Siler City, NC

#19 May 14, 2009
the spetsnaz beat the berets hands down, if u were paying attention it was supposed to be a cold war match-up, but the russian spetsnaz were the only ones useing cold war issue weapons the berets were using the relatively new M4 carbine along with other current weapons they use (The only cold war weapon they used was the M67 fragmentation grenade) while the spetsnaz used there cold war era weapons (dragonov, markov, saiga, AK74, and ballistic knife), the berets had an obvious weapon advantage and still got there asses handed to them. now im not un patriotic but how do SF soldiers with more tcchnologically advanced weapons lose to the under equiped spetsnaz troops, its like the M4 vs the '74 the berets had a scope mounted on the M4 while the spetsnaz had iron sights yet they tied WTF!!!!, also the grenade test was not far for the russians there grenade had to tear threw the washing machine to do any damage and still killed a target at 40+ ft while the berets grenade was right there next to the targets.
mpister

Siler City, NC

#20 May 14, 2009
for next week im pulling for the Maori, im sure u guys saw the commercial tuesday after the spetsnaz beat the green berets, were the Maori beat that guy, im sorry but the patience and skill of the shoalin monk isnt going to save him from the brutal fighting skills of the Maori
mpister

Siler City, NC

#21 May 14, 2009
To john:
you have to be kidding me you dont know anything about the spetsnaz nobody knew they existed until the middle of the cold war and they are trained to not feel pain and are cold blooded killers, they've been in chechnya, afghanistan,eastern europe, and other shit holes like that (no offense if anybodys from there). the green berets were one of the first groups on the ground in afhganistan and iraq (after the S.E.A.L.s, regular navy, and Marines had been there a few week)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder in Mooresburg Tn 59 min citizen 24
Next principal at Cherokee? 2 hr Hello 14
Best pool shooters around 2 hr bodeydad 44
Dog Groomer ? 3 hr Money 4
Law at Top Knot and Tails 3 hr Mean 16
War on Christians 6 hr Sick Sense 30
GOP senators guilty of treason for Iran letter 6 hr POPE FRANCIS gets it 28
Poll Did HC Commission do the right thing when they ... 13 hr wanttobboss 135
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search