Rogersville Humane Society

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
justme

United States

#1 May 3, 2010
Does anyone know how much they charge to bring in a animal? Just wondering, just in case I cant find a home for my dog and cat. Im moving and cant take them with me.
well

Rogersville, TN

#2 May 4, 2010
They charge $6 to take them. We had to take our cats in because my son is allergic to them and was on breathing treatments. They only kept them two weeks and put them down though so you may want to be aware of that. I didn't know until after the fact or I would have never taken them there. I thought two cats who were both fixed and declawed would find homes...
pet help

Madison, AL

#3 May 4, 2010
Maybe you should check on no kill shelters also. Often they are free because they only take what they can handle and adopt.
007pony

Knoxville, TN

#4 May 4, 2010
the Hawkins co is not accepting anymore animals - this is what they told me today - they are full - have you tried craigslist ?
justme

United States

#5 May 5, 2010
I have heard about the humane society putting them to sleep thats why I am trying to find them homes first, My cat is just a kitten so I might be able to find him a home, but my dog is a boxer mix and a lot of people dont want older dogs so thats why I was a little worried about taking her...Isnt there a no kill shelter in Kingsport somewhere? I havent tried Craigs List yet I might do that.
I care

Johnson City, TN

#6 May 5, 2010
Try Morristown Shelter. They won't put them down if you tell them not to. Just tell them to call you if they don't find a home for them. They kept mine for a month and they found homes.
Rose B

United States

#8 Aug 10, 2010
I care wrote:
Try Morristown Shelter. They won't put them down if you tell them not to. Just tell them to call you if they don't find a home for them. They kept mine for a month and they found homes.
Morristown sounds like a good place with decent human beings, can't find them a home if they don't try right!? Rogersville has a bad reputation so they might as well cut thier cashflow and shut them down. Worthless ...
Try this

Ringgold, GA

#9 Aug 10, 2010
justme wrote:
I have heard about the humane society putting them to sleep thats why I am trying to find them homes first, My cat is just a kitten so I might be able to find him a home, but my dog is a boxer mix and a lot of people dont want older dogs so thats why I was a little worried about taking her...Isnt there a no kill shelter in Kingsport somewhere? I havent tried Craigs List yet I might do that.
You might try Abandoned Angels they try to find homes for pets.From the sound of yours they shouldn't have a problem finding them homes.GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Rose B

United States

#10 Aug 10, 2010
Try this wrote:
<quoted text>You might try Abandoned Angels they try to find homes for pets.From the sound of yours they shouldn't have a problem finding them homes.GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Thank you very much! I'll give them a call once I save that poor dog from the Rogersville Inhumane Society.
pepper

Nashville, TN

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Surgionsville has animal control.I was wondering what happens to the animals they pick up?Thought they may take them to the Hawkins County Shelter.
This may be why the shelter is always full.I do not donate to this shelter as I find it is not fit to be a shelter.Anywhere else would be better for the animal.Good luck with finding yours a good home .
Rose B

Concord, NC

#12 Aug 11, 2010
pepper wrote:
Surgionsville has animal control.I was wondering what happens to the animals they pick up?Thought they may take them to the Hawkins County Shelter.
This may be why the shelter is always full.I do not donate to this shelter as I find it is not fit to be a shelter.Anywhere else would be better for the animal.Good luck with finding yours a good home .
I'm with you on this one Pepper, sure has changed since I got my wonderful little Lady there, it's clear to everyone that place is not fit. Everyone knows it and nothing is being done? These animals have to suffer for a few women not interested in the animals in the first place and not being run by the right people.
juno

Spearsville, LA

#13 Aug 11, 2010
Rose B wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you on this one Pepper, sure has changed since I got my wonderful little Lady there, it's clear to everyone that place is not fit. Everyone knows it and nothing is being done? These animals have to suffer for a few women not interested in the animals in the first place and not being run by the right people.
It was so much better when Ida red ran it before it moved up on the highway.
HAHAHAHA

White Pine, TN

#14 Sep 11, 2010
The shelter has NEW MANAGEMENT so they don't put them down unless they are sick!!!

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#15 Sep 11, 2010
To all those "people" and I use the term loosely, who drop their unwanted pets in the country, or just up and move away leaving them to fend for themselves there is a special spot in hell waiting for you.

There is currently a mother dog and 2 pups we are trying to catch who were victims of just such a person. They are just pitiful, afraid of everyone since most people chase them and throw things at them. They, of course, have resorted to trash picking which makes most people angry. The pups have grown up so far with little human contact and are both fearful and a bit agressive. What happens when the females come in heat again? More wild puppies until you eventually end up with a pack of wild dogs roaming the streets. This is a dangerous recipe. DO NOT EVER ABANDON AN ANIMAL.
sassy

Oak Ridge, TN

#16 Sep 11, 2010
HAHAHAHA wrote:
The shelter has NEW MANAGEMENT so they don't put them down unless they are sick!!!
Why are you lying???? Seems a healthy animal gets "sick" as soon as its dropped off..
sassy

Oak Ridge, TN

#17 Sep 11, 2010
pineywoman wrote:
To all those "people" and I use the term loosely, who drop their unwanted pets in the country, or just up and move away leaving them to fend for themselves there is a special spot in hell waiting for you.
There is currently a mother dog and 2 pups we are trying to catch who were victims of just such a person. They are just pitiful, afraid of everyone since most people chase them and throw things at them. They, of course, have resorted to trash picking which makes most people angry. The pups have grown up so far with little human contact and are both fearful and a bit agressive. What happens when the females come in heat again? More wild puppies until you eventually end up with a pack of wild dogs roaming the streets. This is a dangerous recipe. DO NOT EVER ABANDON AN ANIMAL.
Thank you pineywoman..this makes me crazy..this earth, and for sure all the animals living here would be better off if all humans disappeared overnight!!! A human who would torment or hurt innocence in any form, animals OR human.. are actually devils who walk around looking human. And the heartbreak of it is there are so many of them...lots of them sitting in church every sunday...

Martin, TN

#18 Sep 11, 2010
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." — Mahatma Gandhi

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#19 Sep 12, 2010
sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you pineywoman..this makes me crazy..this earth, and for sure all the animals living here would be better off if all humans disappeared overnight!!! A human who would torment or hurt innocence in any form, animals OR human.. are actually devils who walk around looking human. And the heartbreak of it is there are so many of them...lots of them sitting in church every sunday...
That is one of the reasons it is so important to spay and nueter your pets. Responsible ownership should be a requirement of having a pet.
crazy puckers

Madisonville, TN

#20 Nov 24, 2010
I use to do volunteer service for the rogersville humane society and yes they do put the animals down. They may have new management but are still owned and runned by most of the same people. The owners own a puppy mill but dont want people to know it. They put all animals down automatically if they are sick, pregnant, mean, or the people dont like the people that brought the dog in. While I was there I asked them to please not put any animals down while I was there and they are only suppose to put them down on mondays. The manager at the time came in and asked me to help her in a cage and she went in and stabbed a pregnant dog in the stomach with the needle full of the poison used to kill these animals and I had to watch the dog suffer, it took 3 shots to fully kill the dog. She was screaming, blood coming out of her mouth and trying everything she could to live through it. After seeing that I walked out and never returned. Its 3.00 to drop your animal off and 55.00 to adopt one. I dont understand if these animals need homes why dont they let the animals be adopted out for donations only instead of killing them if they dont make a profit. Its ridiculous and all animal shelters should be like that. Also they like to trade the dogs for items if you know what I mean and if its a pure bred dog the paper work will get destroyed and they will take the dog home to breed or sell for more profit. Dont take your animals to rogersville, take them to Kingsport or Morristown...Hopefully one day I will be able to open my own no kill...no profit shelter.
ALL EVIL

Concord, NC

#21 Nov 25, 2010
crazy puckers wrote:
I use to do volunteer service for the rogersville humane society and yes they do put the animals down. They may have new management but are still owned and runned by most of the same people. The owners own a puppy mill but dont want people to know it. They put all animals down automatically if they are sick, pregnant, mean, or the people dont like the people that brought the dog in. While I was there I asked them to please not put any animals down while I was there and they are only suppose to put them down on mondays. The manager at the time came in and asked me to help her in a cage and she went in and stabbed a pregnant dog in the stomach with the needle full of the poison used to kill these animals and I had to watch the dog suffer, it took 3 shots to fully kill the dog. She was screaming, blood coming out of her mouth and trying everything she could to live through it. After seeing that I walked out and never returned. Its 3.00 to drop your animal off and 55.00 to adopt one. I dont understand if these animals need homes why dont they let the animals be adopted out for donations only instead of killing them if they dont make a profit. Its ridiculous and all animal shelters should be like that. Also they like to trade the dogs for items if you know what I mean and if its a pure bred dog the paper work will get destroyed and they will take the dog home to breed or sell for more profit. Dont take your animals to rogersville, take them to Kingsport or Morristown...Hopefully one day I will be able to open my own no kill...no profit shelter.
Who owns this place?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pardon for Hillary ? 35 min Just the Facts 18
Would like to know 57 min Just the Facts 6
Behngazi Behngazi Behngazi Behngazi Behngazi 1 hr Just the Facts 8
Why Trump is popular in the South 2 hr Just the Facts 11
Pervert in mid 50s (Oct '15) 3 hr Well 53
Zoomers 11 hr dockhip 3
New businesses in rogersville 14 hr Building 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages