Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

If you want good used clothing I suggest you travel to Church Hill community closet. There prices are really cheap for instant most of there stuff is only a dollar.They even have half price sells once a month.
info

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

I went up there 1 day to donate clothes,shoes etc. and I didnt no you had to drop them off at back door cause that was first time I donted to them. once at back door some man with glasses yelled out and sayed donations are dropped off here not at front door he was hatefull. you would think they would be thankfull for those donations cause it makes only them money not the needy. no more donations from me. sneedsville good will has great cheap prices for those looking
bed

Cowpens, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2012

Judged:

I went there today to look at beds and it was 560$ , 112$ down and u only had 10 days to pay it off,, Thts just crazy
I know

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

I take my donations to Community Clothes Closet. Much nicer people and they appreciate it.

Since: Nov 11

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

I don't donate to them, but I buy stud there, I am doing it for the right reason....what they choose totem with the money will be on them...

Since: Nov 11

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

alwaysupforalaugh wrote:
I don't donate to them, but I buy stuff there, I am doing it for the right reason....what they choose to do with the money will be on them...
Corrected my mistakes
Wendy

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

Judged:

They do an unbelievable amount of things for Hawkins County. School supplies and clothes for kids and Christmas presents are a few. When someone's home burns down, they give a lot to them. Stop bashing and start contributing. Pure uneducated idiots with nothing to do but bash someone who helps others.
bike boy 16

Whitesburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2012

i go too halos across the street they r a lot cheaper
try and do better

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

they really are some nasty people there , they need to realize without the help of the public , lol they wouldnt have anyone to be ugly with , so in that case , they should b alot nicer:) not to mention , why is it even called the sheperds corner , are people that work there portrayed as christians , uhhhh , dont think so , might need a lil work on that!!!!!
happy 4th

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

I've been shopping at Shepherd's for several years for my kids clothes. While I agree their prices are unrealistic for brands that can be bought new at Family $ or Walmart, better quality brands like Gymboree and Children's Place are very reasonable.
Agree

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2012

Judged:

I agree that their prices are unreal! I went in there one 4th of July while waiting for the parade to start just to look around and get out of the heat. Saw a shirt that came from Walmart for $2.50 brand new. The price of the shirt was $4.00 and was so faded I would never had considered to buy it.They need to be more reasonable on their prices. You can beat there prices at any consignment store in town! Bet employees don't pay those prices when they get first picks from all merchandise!
Really

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

I bet they have to meet a payroll pay a electric bill carry insurance and I bet they have to purchase the food they give away probably alot more has to be paid out as well but noone wants to mention any of that.
carson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Really wrote:
I bet they have to meet a payroll pay a electric bill carry insurance and I bet they have to purchase the food they give away probably alot more has to be paid out as well but noone wants to mention any of that.
Have you seen those thousand dollar checks given to them by food city and churches? Do u see the foods being donated for free to them? Do u see the free clothes being donated to them that MOST of them goes in that dumpster out back?! I'm sure a homeless person would love to have most of those clclothes that are thrown away! They have money stop acting like they don't
duh

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Wendy wrote:
They do an unbelievable amount of things for Hawkins County. School supplies and clothes for kids and Christmas presents are a few. When someone's home burns down, they give a lot to them. Stop bashing and start contributing. Pure uneducated idiots with nothing to do but bash someone who helps others.
Uhm..they do not help everyone who has house fire. One of my friend's house burnt down on a Friday. We called Shepards Center and they refused to help them since they had insurance, even though it was late Friday and insurance was closed.
I quit donating after that. A person is need is a person in need. They turned them down with small children, no clothes or shoes.
lol

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Agree wrote:
I agree that their prices are unreal! I went in there one 4th of July while waiting for the parade to start just to look around and get out of the heat. Saw a shirt that came from Walmart for $2.50 brand new. The price of the shirt was $4.00 and was so faded I would never had considered to buy it.They need to be more reasonable on their prices. You can beat there prices at any consignment store in town! Bet employees don't pay those prices when they get first picks from all merchandise!
If you want to trash a place at least get your facts straight. They are always closed on the 4th of July.
lol

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

carson wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen those thousand dollar checks given to them by food city and churches? Do u see the foods being donated for free to them? Do u see the free clothes being donated to them that MOST of them goes in that dumpster out back?! I'm sure a homeless person would love to have most of those clclothes that are thrown away! They have money stop acting like they don't
Have you seen the car loads of people that come to receive food from there? Last time I looked there was no dumpster there so again get your facts straight before you trash a place that helps probably you!
Just Me

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Hey dummies they are NOT open on the fourth of July so you are a liar!!! And I am sure they do have payroll insurance light bills etc. that have to be paid just like any other business because like it or not they are a business as well as a ministry. For those of you that want to judge whether or not they ACT like Christians I believe it was Jesus that said let ye without sin cast the first stone besides nine times out of ten the very people that say someone isn't behaving Christ like is not very Christ like or in a position to judge anyone themselves. Why did the people with fire insurance need clothing? Why didn't they BUY clothes with the money they received from their insurance? Then the next person with no insurance could be helped. There is no dumpster out back go back there and look! I am sure they have to buy food to give away too. You know people that are use to being handed everything and never working for what is given to them sure have alot of negative things to say when they are told NO!
duh

Bradyville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Their house burnt down. Everything they owned was gone. all they had were the clothes they had on, which were pajamas. They didnt have shoes!

The insurance office was closed since it was at night. They had nothing else! They needed clean dry clothes right then. SC would not donate even shoes to them. they had an immediate need.

Staff told us they would give them nothing due to them having insurance. I understand that in the long run they would be taken care of through insurance but at that moment in time they needed clothes/shoes.

SC will not be receiving anything from me. They have a twisted sense helping those in "need" and deciding who those folks are.
look a little deeper

Anderson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

I wished someone would look into their financial records and see if everything lines up...several churches don't give anymore...why???? The "leader" of the group...well some thinks he is a saint???..it seems to me the times i have been around him he is able to adjust himself to smooze whoever he needs too. Why don't we all just become the church and help our neighbors and fellowman, then there would be no need for a place like the shepherds center, the place could close, no more buildings to heat or pay insurance on and no more payroll to meet.And, no more glory to man, volunteers or ministries. Our churches could have their own food and clothes ministries, our children could see us helping people firsthand and all of the needs could be met. If, we, the Christians of Hawkins county had met these needs earlier there would be no discussion now. Before, everyone gets angry about this post, YES i give to people in need almost everyday as i feel led and no one ,but god ever knows my name. Lastly, I guess that is the thing that I dislike the most, seems the " leader" is more than happy to get his pic in the paper every time he can. They have their reward, they have their reward.Some have it before men, wouldn't it be best to have it with God, and God alone?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
local "EMS" being threatened? Outsiders making ... 6 min Get rid of your ego 6
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr chris 9,313
What Rogersville Needs 4 hr question 34
Baiting the Deer 6 hr deer hunter 25
Older Black Ford Truck With UK Stickers 7 hr lifelong resident 5
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr Wondering 8,612
Devils Nose Mountain (May '10) 7 hr jeff d 80
The Sarah Lee Davis Slander Scandal..... Tue Just Wondering 9
•••
•••
•••

Rogersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000