Memory Lane Car Show - Hope to see yo...

Memory Lane Car Show - Hope to see you there!

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

Since: Mar 07

Rogersville, TN

#1 May 25, 2007
"The show at Otis'" starts tomorrow morning at 10:00 a.m.

We have some fun things planned for Saturday, including: Cake Walks starting at 12, Kids' Activities from 1-4, Live Music from Patsy Cline, Coy Boggs and the Sugarfoot Band, and ELVIS. Award Ceremony at 6 pm. The drive-in movie starts at 9.

On Sunday, we're starting at 10:00 a.m. as well and will host: Led By Christ at 10 a.m., Dr. Vic Young, Pastor of Fountain of Life Bible Church in Johnson City, also known as the "Biker Church" will hold service at 10:45, with his church band playing afterwards.

The activities conclude with a cash drawing at 3 pm for all registered cars who have attended on Sunday. You must be present to win.

We hope to see everyone there! And we hope to raise even more money than last year to help support the Relay For Life of Hawkins County!

Since: Mar 07

Rogersville, TN

#2 May 25, 2007
Almost forgot. For more information, visit our website at http://www.randomrods.com .

Since: Jan 07

Ringgold, GA

#3 May 25, 2007
I went last year, and will be heading out there tomorrow. This is one of the coolest places in the Rogersville area. It's probably "old hat" to the locals, but if you haven't been there, you need to check it out.
who me

United States

#4 Apr 29, 2010
it was awsome
cecil

Hughesville, MD

#5 May 6, 2012
r u having the show at otis this year
motor head

Union City, TN

#6 May 6, 2012
Nope, too bad!
pretty please

United States

#7 May 7, 2012
I really wish that if there were any way possible Otis,you could have this beloved event again.My family and I have had such good times there especially watching my 11 year old nephew in awe over all of the antique cars and your little town.A couple of years ago,he chose Memory Lane over a weekend in Gatlinburg! We take him to car shows,but EVERY TIME we are at a car show he talks about your place.I know there's no way I can imagine the work and headache that goes with such an event,but I hope so bad that you will be able to have it again in the near future.It IS APPRECIATED by many of us and THANK YOU for the "memories" that Memory Lane has given my family and I.
Reality

Johnson City, TN

#8 May 7, 2012
The show has to be a huge undertaking. For this or any other large-scale event, the key to keeping it going is usually how much actual HELP there is to make it happen.
maybe

Gate City, VA

#9 May 7, 2012
it is missed by many wish hee could have it again
never again

Spring Hill, TN

#10 May 7, 2012
We are friends of Otis and his wife.He said it was to much hard work to keep this up,The crowd was so big he was also afraid someone was going to get hurt.He thinks it is time for him and his wife to enjoy life. I think this was a good decision that they have made.Well at least you got to come and enjoy it while he still had it.
Reality

Johnson City, TN

#11 May 8, 2012
never again wrote:
We are friends of Otis and his wife.He said it was to much hard work to keep this up,The crowd was so big he was also afraid someone was going to get hurt.He thinks it is time for him and his wife to enjoy life. I think this was a good decision that they have made.Well at least you got to come and enjoy it while he still had it.
Well said. It was generous for them to have it one time, much less several years. As you said, folks should be happy if they got to attend in the past and simply wish Otis and his family well.
Jessee

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 May 20, 2012
I was able to attend the show for 2 years in a row. Best show in east tennessee in my opinion. Thanks otis for all the memories. Gonna miss it but I can understand where they are coming from. Very generous of him to allow all of us hot rodders to come up and visit his farm like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holston electric 54 min BIG E 1
An open letter to all GOP Congressmen 3 hr Lol 5
taking a poll/for women 3 hr Just_asking 11
A big day for privatized prisons 4 hr Dr Spek 5
Stacie Ann 4 hr Dr Spek 46
marettiA case 4 hr Dr Spek 9
February Wheel Tax Vote 4 hr Disgusted 30

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance