anyone out there ever feel depressed?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

kingsport / rogersville

#1 Sep 29, 2008
i am currently going through a major depression, dunno if it is the change of seasons or hormones but it sux !! I just want 2 know if I am alone here with depression / anxiety or if anyone else out there feels it: what does it feel like 2 u? how do you deal with it?..etc...thanks !!
TNT

Cookeville, TN

#2 Sep 29, 2008
No, everyone gets depressed. Your depression is a legit reason, my depression is because my Vols lost to Auburn and my Cowboys lost to the Redskins.(stupid reason I know). But seriously, talking it out with people might help. Sometimes strangers are easier to talk to.
Stormy

Columbia, TN

#3 Sep 29, 2008
I have lived with depression for years (about 15, 16). I take medication - 40mg of paxil. I've tried several times to stop taking the medication but I just go back into depression. It (paxil) doesn't totally keep you from being depressed but when you start to dwell on problems, your past, etc. the paxil stops you from doing that. You just start thinking about something else. I try to stay busy, exercise and laugh a lot....all of that helps. Good luck to you.

“What you see, is what you get!”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 29, 2008
Several years ago, when I moved back to Tennessee, I was in a major depression. I couldn't eat. I was very suicidal. I had come through a very hard time and couldnt' see my way through it at the time. If one more thing would have happened to me, I would have taken myself out. But each day, I got out of bed and went to work, it was a very hard struggle but I came through it with the good Lord's help. Lay all your burdens at His feet. I came through that trying time so much stronger and more determined to make something of myself than before. I am not perfect, I have made some mistakes and paid dearly for them, but remember, with each strife that you go through, you come through even stronger than before. Also, remember that the God on the mountain is still the God in the valley, just like the song says. You may be going through these hard times right now for a reason, I learned myself to appreciate everything that I have now and don't take as much for granted anymore. If you need to talk, just hollar back and I will listen and not just hear you. There is a difference, you know? I'm going through menopause now and maybe if you talk to your doctor, he/she could give you something to help you. I don't know who you are, but you will be in my prayers.

“It's my opinion deal with it”

Since: Aug 08

Hawkins County

#5 Sep 29, 2008
No,you are not alone.I have been dealing with depression for a couple of years now.The changing of seasons can have a big effect on your mood as well.When I am really depressed I don't want to be around anyone,I feel like crying one minute and screaming the next and I just don't want to do anything not even get out of bed some days.What works for me is meditating especially if I am not in the mood to talk to anyone.I don't care much for the idea of taking prescription meds for it because I feel the side effects out way the benefits.That is just my view on it though, I have plenty of friends and family that use medications to control it and it works for them.
me too

United States

#6 Sep 29, 2008
i am a survivor wrote:
i am currently going through a major depression, dunno if it is the change of seasons or hormones but it sux !! I just want 2 know if I am alone here with depression / anxiety or if anyone else out there feels it: what does it feel like 2 u? how do you deal with it?..etc...thanks !!
I've suffered from depression all my adult life. Exercise helps me more than anything. I don't think I would have made it without it. Try taking a good long walk and see if you don't feel better afterward. Good luck and remember you are not alone.
Jenny

Cookeville, TN

#7 Sep 29, 2008
No honey, you are not alone. I like yourself get depressed during the changes of the season and that is multiplied by what ever personal problems you have as well. My advice to you would be to do what your doing now, just talk about your feelings to someone that will listen.
A Nonny Mouse

Chatsworth, GA

#8 Sep 29, 2008
The Black Dog is never far away from me, either.

“we're screwed!”

Surgoinsville

#9 Sep 29, 2008
i think everyone has battles with this almost on a daily basis. some worse than others. exercise is good, stay busy, keep your mind off of things, surround yourself with people that love you, laugh often, love yourself. everything will work out for the best.
Jason

Lenoir City, TN

#10 Sep 29, 2008
Nope, you definitely ain't alone. About 7 years back a depression that I had been struggling with for about 20 years turned into panic attacks that made me think I was having heart failure and landed me in Indian Path psych hospital for 5 days. I now take 150mg of Paxil everyday and while it's not gone completely,it is nowhere near as bad as it was. NOWHERE near as bad.

Some people who are affected by the change of seasons are able to get relief from sitting in front of a full spectrum sunlight when the days start getting shorter.

United States

#11 Sep 29, 2008
I don't think you are alone. I think everyone has periods of depression for various reasons.

“we're screwed!”

Surgoinsville

#12 Sep 29, 2008
Jason wrote:
Some people who are affected by the change of seasons are able to get relief from sitting in front of a full spectrum sunlight when the days start getting shorter.
that's very interesting and helpful! never heard of that.

“Rocky Top Tennessee”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 29, 2008
You are NOT alone!!! I does help to have someone to talk to and bring you out of it. Sounds like you have a lot of friend here if you need us to talk to anytime.
Jason

Lenoir City, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2008
Brad J wrote:
<quoted text>that's very interesting and helpful! never heard of that.
Here is a link with a short explanation of it....

http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/light_th...

“ I Love you guy's”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville,Tennessee

#15 Sep 29, 2008
My dear friend, as you can see, you are one of many that gets depressed.

What depresses me is not being able to take care of my home and yard like I use to. There are times that I would go for two, three days and not step out of my house honey. I have never taken anything for depression and seem to be getting back in the swing of things again. Still can't work in the house or outside like I use to but I am starting to get out mote and enjoying it. You will be fine sweetie, just hang in there. We all love you.
Jason

Lenoir City, TN

#16 Sep 29, 2008
Jason wrote:
I now take 150mg of Paxil everyday and while it's not gone completely,it is nowhere near as bad as it was. NOWHERE near as bad.
Sorry, I meant 150mg of ZOLOFT not Paxil.

“Keepin' Time With No Metronome”

Rogersville

#17 Sep 29, 2008
I really don't get depressed. I try to focus on the blessings rather than the disappointments. But sometimes I can have my moods, but they never last long. I hope you come out of your depression, soon. I'm sure you're too blessed to be depressed!
Hot rod

Jellico, TN

#18 Sep 29, 2008
Doing the same thing day in day out. Get's me down. You have got to mix it up. Do some thing different. Go somewhere different. Start a hobby just to keep your mind thinking different. Challenge yourself. Think and speak positive. Walk, walk,walk. Last but not least put in a DVD of Jeff Dunham and laugh your azz off.
Grace

Lenoir City, TN

#19 Sep 29, 2008
Ugggggggh wrote:
I really don't get depressed. I try to focus on the blessings rather than the disappointments. But sometimes I can have my moods, but they never last long. I hope you come out of your depression, soon. I'm sure you're too blessed to be depressed!
Everyone gets blue moods sometimes but A lot of times it is a chemical thing and all the focusing on the good in the world does not help.

“Keepin' Time With No Metronome”

Rogersville

#20 Sep 29, 2008
I was giving my input just like everyone else has. But when I focus on my son, and him smiling and laughing, i can't feel bad. Looking at the beauty that God created always uplifts me. But focusing on good and positive things ALWAYS makes me feel better. That's just a personal fix for me, I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Board 16 min Look Again 36
Employment Agency 1 hr Been there done that 7
temporary @ Dodge plant in Rogersville TN 1 hr Donald J Trump 20
Who buys clothes between rogersville and Morris... 1 hr Morris Rogers 7
Who Will the Democrats Nominate in 2020 1 hr Donald J Trump 17
Alesia weems (Sissy) 5 hr Ugly beast she is 11
mobile patrol 9 hr Kingfish 4

Rogersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages