Hawkins County, TN Humane Society Ethics

Hawkins County, TN Humane Society Ethics

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
braveheart

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 8, 2012
the president of this so called 'Humane Society' is also an animal breeder and has his own puppy mill with over 20+ varieties of dogs he's breeding. He advertises in local papers all around the region, most animal shelters are aware of this guy and his crimes against animals,
this is all located in Rogersville, TN
Eddie McNally is the president of the Hawkins County humane society and owns and runs www.mmcompanions.com his brother and sister in law Bob and Rosemary Kent own this privately run animal shelter the Hawkins County Humane Society. They won't bother to put any animals on petfinder or any other adoption page. if there is any animals put on any sites including Craigslist it's just because desperate volunteers are trying to save the lives in this hell hole of a shelter. Eddie McNally has a huge building on his property and a local county commissioner who also runs a rescue told me she'd been to his house and she believed he had a puppy mill going on there. We've heard rumors that the conditions are deplorable and other rumors that animals turned into the shelter have gone home with Eddie McNally, God only knows what kind of wretched life they are living now. Conditions in the shelter are deplorable. Rescue have tried to save animals and put rescue holds on animals only to find out when they came to get the animals the owners of the shelter Rosemary Kent or the manager Jessica Kleis killed them even when communication was clear to rescue the animals.
Just saying

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jan 8, 2012
Eddie is also the dog catcher in surgoinsville. how can he be president of an animal shelter, dog catcher and a breeder.....seems like there are many conflicts of interest...
Sydney

Oak Ridge, TN

#3 Jan 9, 2012
It SHOULD be illegal for a person who sells animals for profit to run a humane shelter. This McNally person should have his ass kicked to China and back for selling animals for profit. People like that shouldn't be allowed NEAR a shelter. Oh well this is Hawkins county and it's a fact that people around here don't give a rat's ass for animals. I know some people who sit and gorge themselves at dinner yet won't feed a starving kitten because they say "if you feed a stray, it hangs around". And they feel self righteous about it too. They are so many church going people around here, so you would think they would love God's creatures and all the animals would be taken care of, but NO I have found out that they are the worse people to approach for help with animals. I'm not trying to diss church people, but it's a fact. And before I let any animal of mine go to that hell hole of a humane society I would put a bullet in its brain. At least I could go to bed that night and know it wasn't in pain, or terrified, or mistreated. Just sayin'........
concerned

Gate City, VA

#4 Jan 9, 2012
Sydney wrote:
It SHOULD be illegal for a person who sells animals for profit to run a humane shelter. This McNally person should have his ass kicked to China and back for selling animals for profit. People like that shouldn't be allowed NEAR a shelter. Oh well this is Hawkins county and it's a fact that people around here don't give a rat's ass for animals. I know some people who sit and gorge themselves at dinner yet won't feed a starving kitten because they say "if you feed a stray, it hangs around". And they feel self righteous about it too. They are so many church going people around here, so you would think they would love God's creatures and all the animals would be taken care of, but NO I have found out that they are the worse people to approach for help with animals. I'm not trying to diss church people, but it's a fact. And before I let any animal of mine go to that hell hole of a humane society I would put a bullet in its brain. At least I could go to bed that night and know it wasn't in pain, or terrified, or mistreated. Just sayin'........
It is a good thing I do not run the animal shelter. All I would need is an acre of land, a 22 Rifle and a shovel. Get real I don't mistreat animals I think It is wrong, but we are aborting thousands of babies each year and people worry more about dogs and cats. The shelters should be run by donation only
People Dont Understand

United States

#5 Jan 9, 2012
First of all, noone owns the animal shelter, and second of all Bob and Rosemary are not kin at all to Eddie McNally, and third of all, it is a Non Profit Organization..Eddie DONATES HIS TIME for FREE! ARE YOU? and so does Bob and Rosemary.If anyone can do any better at doing what he does, then they need to go do it. Because the day Eddie McNally gives up his time then the doors will be shut on the place. They are always asking for volunteers (like Eddie) but they seem to not get very many of them.. So whoever wants to run their mouth about this they need to go run the place.. All you have to do is go to the city of Surgoinsville and talk to them and tell them what you wanna do, and YOU CAN ALSO FIGURE OUT HOW TO RUN THE PLACE ON 15,000.00 A YEAR.. GOOD LUCK TO YOU DOING THIS!!!! As far as his so called puppy mill he runs, you can go up there also and see the dogs are VERY WELL taken care of, alot more than ALOT of people take care of their dogs I PROMISE YOU THAT! SO unless you REALLY know what you are talking about, then i would suggest keeping you mouth to yourself, and be thankful that Eddie does all that he does for the community and the shelter......
Sydney

Oak Ridge, TN

#6 Jan 9, 2012
Dear "concerned" you say "shelters should be run by donation only"..dam..you don't know much do you?
They ARE run by donations only..Do you think the good taxpayers around here would spend a nickel on a shelter? Think again.. and btw... I know many people like you...yea yea you are against abortion..therefore no one should feed or care for a helpless animal because there are women out there getting abortions! Makes a lot of sense to you I suppose. A 22 rifle and a shovel..sounds like you enjoy killing..and as far as women getting abortions..nothing I can or want to do about that. I DON'T CARE. Do yourself some good and keep your nose out of women's butts..This post was about animals and you get on here and preach about abortions!! Good grief..
Sydney

Oak Ridge, TN

#7 Jan 9, 2012
People Dont Understand wrote:
First of all, noone owns the animal shelter, and second of all Bob and Rosemary are not kin at all to Eddie McNally, and third of all, it is a Non Profit Organization..Eddie DONATES HIS TIME for FREE! ARE YOU? and so does Bob and Rosemary.If anyone can do any better at doing what he does, then they need to go do it. Because the day Eddie McNally gives up his time then the doors will be shut on the place. They are always asking for volunteers (like Eddie) but they seem to not get very many of them.. So whoever wants to run their mouth about this they need to go run the place.. All you have to do is go to the city of Surgoinsville and talk to them and tell them what you wanna do, and YOU CAN ALSO FIGURE OUT HOW TO RUN THE PLACE ON 15,000.00 A YEAR.. GOOD LUCK TO YOU DOING THIS!!!! As far as his so called puppy mill he runs, you can go up there also and see the dogs are VERY WELL taken care of, alot more than ALOT of people take care of their dogs I PROMISE YOU THAT! SO unless you REALLY know what you are talking about, then i would suggest keeping you mouth to yourself, and be thankful that Eddie does all that he does for the community and the shelter......
The dogs he has FOR SALE TO ANY STRANGER WHO COMES ALONG WITH THE MONEY are taken care of. Uh huh.. he has to take good care of them so people will buy them, doesn't he? Thats all about his profit, not because he cares about dogs.. but the question is..how are the animals in the SHELTER doing? And as far as closing the shelter down, maybe not a bad idea..I know that shelter..been there a bunch of times over the years, and the women who used to run it was a real prize. And no I won't "keep my mouth to myself" when it comes to helpless animals.. And who are you? Eddie? his wife? I will give you this much..I don't know if tries to do everything he can for the shelter animals.. I doubt it, but I don't know. I do know this for a fact tho, people who breed animals for profit don't care about what happens to them once they have that money in their pocket. I have zero respect for breeders and it shocked me that a man running a "humane" shelter would do that..I don't know what "he does for the community" and don't care.
arthur

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2012
whats the purpose of your post? to correct a wrong? or attack a working man that volunteers his time? do you have the time or ability to do a better job? youve obviously got time because ur sitting at the keyboard talking shit. you prob dont have the ability tho considering ur facts are twisted..... how can you call yourself brave heart? you sit behind a computer and talk shit. when eddie takes action against somone mistreating an animal he stands there face to face to any controversy that should arise. if you think there is an injustice do somthing about it. go up there and give your time to be sure things are ran correctly? or do u not care that much. you jus care enough to start trouble? not fix the problem you think exzists.
arthur

United States

#9 Jan 9, 2012
and.... sydney. what the hell kinda tree hugger are you? your complaint is more about proffit than the animal. you said yourself that you dont know the facts... so stop assuming and mind your own buissness
Sydney

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Jan 9, 2012
Dear Authur...
What the hell kind of tree hugger am I? What's WRONG with you? What in the world has that to do with anything? Good grief, do you hate TREES? Weird... And I'll tell you something else,I have just as much right as YOU do to state my opinion on a forum. So stuff it where the proverbial sun don't shine...YOU mind YOUR own business hotrod.
Saying

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jan 10, 2012
Eddie may volunteer his time but still seems like a conflict since he is animal control officer for Surgoinsville, which brings their animals to the shelter.Just seems wrong
need help

United States

#12 Jan 10, 2012
Tell your friends tell your neighbor go volunteer your time. They want people to help I been to the meets two or three times they have them ever month they was about three or four people there They are more comments on this thread then volunteers there time in a month. Unless u have been there. You have NO WRIGHT to make a commit on this thread
country p

Cary, NC

#13 Jan 10, 2012
1.Just because a person breeds does not make them a bad person. Different breed serve different purposes.
2. Many breeders doe run/help shelters. Most dogs in shelters are mutts from bad owners.
3. your too fat to lift your leg high enough to kick anybody.
4. Not a fact its your opinion. Yes there are some who dont care, but many do.
5. I bet you are one of those who gorges themselves.
6. What does a church have to do with anything regarding an animal?
7. Here is the only fact. You are an idiot. Dumb as they come. You ramble and make no sense, you must have been dropped on your head as a child. you place blame on the very people who for the most part are looking to help animals and then go on to say you would put a bullet in your own animals head so you could sleep, wow you are warped. I think its time to put the beer can down for the night, brush your tooth and climb onto your easy chair and get some rest. Lets hope you didn't reproduce.

Sydney wrote:
It SHOULD be illegal for a person who sells animals for profit to run a humane shelter. This McNally person should have his ass kicked to China and back for selling animals for profit. People like that shouldn't be allowed NEAR a shelter. Oh well this is Hawkins county and it's a fact that people around here don't give a rat's ass for animals. I know some people who sit and gorge themselves at dinner yet won't feed a starving kitten because they say "if you feed a stray, it hangs around". And they feel self righteous about it too. They are so many church going people around here, so you would think they would love God's creatures and all the animals would be taken care of, but NO I have found out that they are the worse people to approach for help with animals. I'm not trying to diss church people, but it's a fact. And before I let any animal of mine go to that hell hole of a humane society I would put a bullet in its brain. At least I could go to bed that night and know it wasn't in pain, or terrified, or mistreated. Just sayin'........
country p

Cary, NC

#14 Jan 10, 2012
What proof do you offer to back up your claim that people who breed animals don't care? Can you say for sure that EVERY single person? I breed and train dogs for search and rescue and private sales as well, I do it for prophet. Since you do not know me how can you claim what you say as "fact". Your another fat dumpy trailer living idiot who most likley hords animals thinking you are doing gods work, and thats a fact baby!
Get off your soap box, it's about to crumble dicthead.
Sydney wrote:
<quoted text>
The dogs he has FOR SALE TO ANY STRANGER WHO COMES ALONG WITH THE MONEY are taken care of. Uh huh.. he has to take good care of them so people will buy them, doesn't he? Thats all about his profit, not because he cares about dogs.. but the question is..how are the animals in the SHELTER doing? And as far as closing the shelter down, maybe not a bad idea..I know that shelter..been there a bunch of times over the years, and the women who used to run it was a real prize. And no I won't "keep my mouth to myself" when it comes to helpless animals.. And who are you? Eddie? his wife? I will give you this much..I don't know if tries to do everything he can for the shelter animals.. I doubt it, but I don't know. I do know this for a fact tho, people who breed animals for profit don't care about what happens to them once they have that money in their pocket. I have zero respect for breeders and it shocked me that a man running a "humane" shelter would do that..I don't know what "he does for the community" and don't care.
Sheri Perini

Washington, DC

#15 Jan 26, 2012
Anyone involved in a animal shelter should not be or be connected to any sort of puppy milling or animal breeding..There are far to many being put down.FACT and will be if not already a law in state. Dose not permit cream of crop for contributions..
Sheri Perini

Washington, DC

#16 Jan 26, 2012
No Kill Conference
August 11-12, 2012 in Washington, D.C.
Home
About
Speakers
Seminars
Washington DC
Register
FAQs
Contact

Last year’s groundbreaking No Kill Conference was the sold out, must attend event of the year. And we are doing it again! Join the nation’s most successful shelter directors, animal lawyers, veterinarians, and shelter reformers for an inspiring and empowering conference that will help you save lives.
This is the only national conference that says we can end the killing and we can do it today!
Uhhuh

Cabot, AR

#17 Jan 26, 2012
We got our dog from m&m companions and the main reason I got him was because I felt so sorry for him. He was in a little bitty nasty cage as were all the rest of the puppies. The puppy I was going to pick didn't even have teeth! When a puppy doesn't have teeth at that age, something is wrong. My dog is supposed to be a yorkie and sometimes I think he is a mix with something else which doesn't matter because I love my dog but I would have liked to have gotten what I paid for. I wouldn't reccomend getting any dog from there like I said I just felt bad for the little guy and gave him a loving home which he obviously didn't have there. I think they have way too many puppies and I would defiantly consider the place a puppy mill.
funny

Wilmington, NC

#18 Jan 26, 2012
Saying wrote:
Eddie may volunteer his time but still seems like a conflict since he is animal control officer for Surgoinsville, which brings their animals to the shelter.Just seems wrong
That is like saying someone who cooks for a living should not volunteer his time to cook for the homeless..
Miley

Washington, DC

#19 Jan 26, 2012
You r dog most likely came from the shelter and is a mix...Non Profit means no profit...Yea after he picks through them...No selling, no breeding in connection to shelters...
braveheart

Nashville, TN

#20 Feb 3, 2012
Hawkins HS earns about $83,000 a yr. in donations and other contributions,$15,000 of that comes from Rogersville/hawkins county so that is Tax Payer money. Most of you don't know what you're talking about the facts. This shelter may be considered federally/tax exempt a 501c3 this is all public record however they are a privately held shelter owned by Robert and Rosemary Kent. Many many sick dogs are coming out of that shelter due to lack of concern for cleanliness and proper sanitation. They kill perfectly adoptable dogs even when they have many open kennels. There have been alot of volunteers to come in and try to save the dogs, volunteers who were trying to get these dogs and cats adopted yet, the harder they try, the more discouraged they get because they get road blocks thrown up in front of them by the Manager Jessica Kleis or the owners. They have not been rescue friendly and because so many dogs were going to rescue to save their lives, instead of the $25 spay/neuter deposit the rescues now have to pay a full adoption fee to rescue the dogs so the shelter can make more money, bottom line, they felt they were losing money. The $25 S/N deposit is a joke, the people in that county simply are not Spaying and Neutering their animals and if they think the S/N deposit is going to ensure an animals has the procedures done, then people are fooling themselves. This shelter should be stepping up to ensure with follow ups on the adopted ones that they were indeed S/N. This shelter is not only poorly run, but there is a lackadaisical and I really don't give a damn about the animals attitude there from management. There have been comments made about killing dogs there from management that were extremely inappropriate, disrespectful to the life of the animal and downright hateful. Things said you simply couldn't imagine someone would or could say. A person who speaks with such a cold & calloused attitude is an individual who is indeed poorly qualified to manage but has some serious deep rooted problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holston electric 54 min BIG E 1
An open letter to all GOP Congressmen 3 hr Lol 5
taking a poll/for women 3 hr Just_asking 11
A big day for privatized prisons 4 hr Dr Spek 5
Stacie Ann 4 hr Dr Spek 46
marettiA case 4 hr Dr Spek 9
February Wheel Tax Vote 4 hr Disgusted 30

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages