First Prev
of 3
Next Last
event goer

Charlotte, NC

#3 Sep 20, 2013
Exactly they do not belong at any event. Numerous times I have come across dog shit at festivals, outside concerts and sports events for my kids. Lazy owners don't know how to pick up the shit and also some times the dogs have diarrhea. Disgusting! Keep it at home!
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#4 Sep 20, 2013
Kids have diarrhea too. They puke too. Lazy Andy parents leave dirty used diapers in parking lots, and shopping carts. Then there are the snot rags....leave the kids at home too
Local

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 20, 2013
DIdn't you post about this same issue a few days ago?

Did you not like something about the way that discussion turned out?
Local

Johnson City, TN

#6 Sep 20, 2013
There are never enough details about these things.

It sounds like someone proposed banning dogs from Heritage Days, is that what we are talking about?

I have seen a couple dogs there on occasion. It doesn't seem to be a problem. Is dog shit a problem at Heritage Days? Should the city provide waste containers for people to dispose of their dog waste?
Actually

Tullahoma, TN

#7 Sep 20, 2013
Local wrote:
There are never enough details about these things.
It sounds like someone proposed banning dogs from Heritage Days, is that what we are talking about?
I have seen a couple dogs there on occasion. It doesn't seem to be a problem. Is dog shit a problem at Heritage Days? Should the city provide waste containers for people to dispose of their dog waste?
Article was in the Kpt Times News. If you really want details, call the Chamber.
Local

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 20, 2013
Sheesh I just wasted my time going through the last two weeks of local news archives there looking for your article - there is nothing.

Rather than lie about articles that don't exist and tell us to "call the chamber", why don't you tell us what this is about since you claim to have all the details.
duh

Johnson City, TN

#9 Sep 20, 2013
Dog owner

Cookeville, TN

#10 Sep 20, 2013
My dogs got more sense than most people at heritage days maybe if you don't want dogs there and it bothers you that bad you should just stay home and do us all a favor because I'd rather see animals than some rude people that don't like anything but there selfs
Old TImer

Chatsworth, GA

#11 Sep 20, 2013
Probably have been downtown for every Heritage Days. Have never seen a dog acting up or a pile of doggie doo.
heritage days

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Sep 20, 2013
Crowded enough with all the people let alone dogs on leashes tripping people. Agree and disagree......yes parents might have a kid with diarrhea but they usually are wearing a diaper!
Local

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 20, 2013
Ok, so it says that people are bringing huge dogs, kangaroos, snakes and "mynah birds" to Heritage Days.

Obviously I missed out on the kangaroo, snake and mynah birds.

Did any one else see this? What was it all about? Were the kangaroos ill tempered?
Bulldog

United States

#14 Sep 21, 2013
It's not just about the dog crap. I have been almost tripped up by a dog on a leash while the owners are busy running their mouths with some one. The dog owners stop to look at some thing and the dog goes up and pees on the venders display. Look folks, I like dogs too but they don't belong at a festival or public event. Do you really think fido gives a dam about seeing all those trinkets? Put your self in the dogs place. Being dragged around by your neck, dodging obstacles (people legs, strollers, wheelchairs) really doesn't sound like a day at the park now does it?
Curious

Whitwell, TN

#15 Sep 21, 2013
I have seen the kangaroo at parades and taken pics of it. It was in a baby stroller at the time (until the owner got it out). It has probably come to other events as well.
I've seen that white bird (Bobo??) at events in town.

As for the snake; I've never seen one but I don't go to every event, so I may have missed out on that one.

I think it's a good idea to leave pets at home. I've never understood why people bring them out all the time. Especially when they go shopping and just leave it in the car with a window cracked to bark at everyone who walks by. It can't be very enjoyable for them.
I understand some people have service animals and I'm okay with that. A lot of people abuse that though and I've read online how easy/cheap it is to get your pet classified as a service animal even when it's not.
Hello

Campobello, SC

#16 Sep 21, 2013
I think strollers should be banned! I can dodge a dog better then a rude mom who thinks the right of way belongs to them. Then stop right in the way of everybody so you have to go around them. Speaking of owners who run there mouth and have dogs on leashes and get into things lol. How about the kids parents just turn loose rude little brats who have no manners atleast dogs are on a leash.
santiago

Indian Trail, NC

#17 Sep 21, 2013
Find something else to complain about like the price of food!
boomer

Smartt, TN

#18 Sep 21, 2013
I hate kangaroos, dogs, and children.

I like guns.
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#19 Sep 21, 2013
heritage days wrote:
Crowded enough with all the people let alone dogs on leashes tripping people. Agree and disagree......yes parents might have a kid with diarrhea but they usually are wearing a diaper!
Like I said, a lot of lazy ass parents dump those diapers wherever they are. Just drive through a parking lot or look at park after the 4th. Nasty as dog crap.
Dropkikmejesus

Cowpens, SC

#20 Sep 21, 2013
Soit sounds like everyone is advocating that events in town be male only! I agree leave the dogs at home!!!
Here we go

Savannah, TN

#21 Sep 21, 2013
You all are assuming that anyone who goes to these events has the sense and courtesy that God gave a goose. Bunch of rednecks were never taught well enough to know not to let a dog crap in the street or leave dirty diapers lying around. Bet their houses, funded by the government, are just as nasty. All they worry about is themselves and when the next check is coming so they can go get another corn dog and pile of tater tots and when they can have another kid so that check is bigger.
cats are worse

Seymour, TN

#23 Sep 21, 2013
there are about a doxen runnning loose downtown, behind courthouse, church and washington st...as for not seeing dog crap walk in those areas anytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stacey ann (Sep '14) 1 hr ridiculous 8
Roadblock 3 hr Bob 1
Wheel Tax - About Time 4 hr hey hey hey 19
June 2017 BMA Election 4 hr hmmmm 20
Steve Starns wants tax increase (Jul '14) 5 hr TV Reporter 29
KaraLyn thompson 6 hr drug hater 1
Robbie Hobbs 7 hr Just curious 1

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance