What happened to the bowling place

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Answer Guru

Kingsport, TN

#1 May 3, 2013
cars were there last week and this week nothing...
Zeus

Alcoa, TN

#2 May 4, 2013
Is it closed down?
Myname

Kingsport, TN

#3 May 4, 2013
They didn't pay their taxes. Someone else is buyin it out
Family member

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 9, 2013
Once again false info closed it down for personal reasons
dollars

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jun 12, 2013
just like everything else in this town . if you want to do , see , or buy anything worth the money , you have to go somewhere besides here .
It shut down

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 13, 2013
It's shut down due to not so much personal reasons, just getting into something to big to $ handle when your not bringing in enough money to pay for it. If you all are missing it so then why didn't more people come when it was open?
dollars

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jun 13, 2013
because just like every other bolling alley , skating ring , arcade , go cart track , that has popped up in rogersville . did not last long enough for the water to get hot .
dollars

Kingsport, TN

#8 Jun 13, 2013
majority of people in rogersville go out on a date or take the family out to eat , do a little shopping , they go to morristown or kingsport because there is nothing here . while they are there , they catch a movie or bowling or something . rogersville is slowly becomming another surgoinsville , beanstation , moresburg . (ghost town). back in the 60's and 70's , rogersville was booming .
banditt

Johnson City, TN

#9 Jun 13, 2013
They should have never tore down the old Roxy Theater. That was the beginning of the end.
Zeus

Alcoa, TN

#10 Jun 13, 2013
banditt wrote:
They should have never tore down the old Roxy Theater. That was the beginning of the end.
So, what you are saying is that whoever it was that last owned and operated the ROXY theatre should have continued to keep it open despite the fact they were losing money by keeping it open?
dollars

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jun 13, 2013
the beginning of the end was corrupt leading city and county officials runnining this town into the into the dirt!!! and then comes along pills and meth!!!and lets not forget 60% of the people drawing welfare , food stamps and disability and all these people having three or four kids that cant afford one!!!"UNEARNED INCOME"
--------
2 do it right

Monroe, NC

#12 Jun 17, 2013
Any entertainment such as bowling movies etc knows that you make the main attraction ie bowling price per game very low to get peeps in the doors and make money off secondaries ie concessions video games etc. 3 or 4 dollars agame doesn't get ppl in the doors 2 dollars or less will getthem in the doors or family happy hors at discounted game rates will get ppl in the doors if not then lock the doors 4evr. You have to make it SEEM cheap to getem to come.....
Tell all

Herndon, VA

#13 Jun 17, 2013
what the heck did the local government have to do with the bowling alley closing? what did they do to run it into the dirt?
Zeus

Ringgold, GA

#14 Jun 17, 2013
Tell all wrote:
what the heck did the local government have to do with the bowling alley closing? what did they do to run it into the dirt?
LOL! That is just a catch all type excuse that a lot of people in this area ase. EVERYTHING is always the fault of the"Corrupt City and County officials. LMAO!
lonestar

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jun 17, 2013
As it has been said many times on other threads, the owner could not understand that you must get along with people to run a business, he went as far as not letting you bring in a birthday cake for a birthday party, so he lost these parties to Kingsport and other places. 3 years ago he had full leagues almost every night of the week but he was so hateful he ran them off. I seriously believe if someone could afford to purchase it and run it correctly, and I agree with "2 do it right", give some discounts, early bird specials, anything to get you in the door, then show them what a great time could be had and they will return. The hateful bastard could not stand kids, and that is the future of any establishment!
Zeus

Ringgold, GA

#16 Jun 17, 2013
lonestar wrote:
As it has been said many times on other threads, the owner could not understand that you must get along with people to run a business, he went as far as not letting you bring in a birthday cake for a birthday party, so he lost these parties to Kingsport and other places. 3 years ago he had full leagues almost every night of the week but he was so hateful he ran them off. I seriously believe if someone could afford to purchase it and run it correctly, and I agree with "2 do it right", give some discounts, early bird specials, anything to get you in the door, then show them what a great time could be had and they will return. The hateful bastard could not stand kids, and that is the future of any establishment!
I had never been there myself but I had heard numerous stories about how hateful acting that the owner was. You definitely can't be that way and successfully run an establishment like a bowling alley that's for sure.
Edward

Cleveland, TN

#17 Jun 17, 2013
Zeus wrote:
<quoted text>
I had never been there myself but I had heard numerous stories about how hateful acting that the owner was. You definitely can't be that way and successfully run an establishment like a bowling alley that's for sure.
Had a personal experience with that jerk a$$ owner. There was this place where a lot people wrote their names so I did it thinkin it was ok an he comes up and tries to make me pay for it. I didn see him sayin anythin to any1 else but only me.
Zeus

Ringgold, GA

#18 Jun 18, 2013
Edward wrote:
<quoted text> Had a personal experience with that jerk a$$ owner. There was this place where a lot people wrote their names so I did it thinkin it was ok an he comes up and tries to make me pay for it. I didn see him sayin anythin to any1 else but only me.
A place where people wrote their names?? Did you end up paying him? LOL!
Answer Guru

Kingsport, TN

#19 Jul 6, 2013
Had a personal experience with that jerk a$$ owner. There was this place where a lot people wrote their names so I did it thinkin it was ok an he comes up and tries to make me pay for it. I didn see him sayin anythin to any1 else but only me.

Where? seems like that might be considered vandalism? js
Ushud killyerself

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jul 6, 2013
Answer Guru wrote:
Where? seems like that might be considered vandalism? js
You've said this before so shut the fack up okay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris M. 18 min Sweet guy 2
Ashley thacker 45 min Concerned 11
News Woman Trapped Under Dump Truck 1 hr Post Your Encounters 11
Thieves red fiesta white car red dodge 5 hr Uhavemydog 4
40.00 wheel tax increase 5 hr Old people 34
Austin bledso 6 hr Rino 7
Hawkins County Budget 9 hr sad fact 19

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance