Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Here I am, entertain me!”

Since: May 08

rogersville

#1 Feb 4, 2009
Remember the family on Choptack Road who lost everything to fire today in your prayers!

“Can you feel the love?”

Since: Jan 09

Where I was born

#2 Feb 4, 2009
Amen, I also heard they had fire on Pinhook a couple hrs. ago.
For Real

United States

#3 Feb 4, 2009
who was the family?

rogersville

#4 Feb 4, 2009
people are just trying to stay warm. The snow is beautiful, but these temps are bitter and deadly.

If anyone knows either of these families, please list sizes for clothing. I am sure donations could be passed on by local agencies such as Red Cross, or United Way.

I do not personally know either of these families, but I have passed by the home on choptack and I believe they have children, and I did see several dogs there who may be in need of shelter. The Red Cross makes arrangements for families at local hotels, but nothing for pets.
tendem

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 4, 2009
badbabe wrote:
Remember the family on Choptack Road who lost everything to fire today in your prayers!
Is this the family of the firefighter from Striggersville? I am trying to find out how I can help his family. He was a former student of mine.

“What you see, is what you get!”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 4, 2009
One of our cashier's daughter lost her house in a fire last Friday night. I cannot believe how many families have lost their homes in the past few months. Her house was somewhere off 113. This family does not need clothes though. She has moved in with her mother. At least she had insurance. Thank the Lord for that. But please, still pray for them as I will all the other families here.

rogersville

#7 Feb 4, 2009
tendem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the family of the firefighter from Striggersville? I am trying to find out how I can help his family. He was a former student of mine.
no, this fire happened today around 3:30 or so.
fire chic

Oak Grove, KY

#8 Feb 4, 2009
Blue Mann wrote:
Amen, I also heard they had fire on Pinhook a couple hrs. ago.
yes there was..... it was 3 adults and 5 children... that lost there home in the pinhook fire....... at least that is what was said on the scanner while central was gettin a hold of red cross to inform them......... God be with everybody that has lost there homes. during the cold, the warm, this year, past years, and years to come...

“Some people crack me up!”

Rogersville

#9 Feb 4, 2009
The Garber family lost their home in the Pinhook fire.

“you have to begin to start”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#10 Feb 4, 2009
any idea what sizes they may wear?
SAD

Lexington, KY

#11 Feb 5, 2009
The Family on Choptack Rd. Lost EVERYTHING. 3 adults & one, one yr. old. Two Men are Brothers and one brother has a Girlfriend with his Son. They Are Really Good PPL. Both Men work Everyday.
The Two Brothers Lost their Dad a lil over a Year ago. This is Very Sad. Hard working PPL. I will find out their sizes and post it about 3 hours.. Please Continue in Prayer for these Good PPL.

“May GOD be with you ”

Since: Oct 08

Rogersville

#12 Feb 5, 2009
And another family lost their home too on Tuesday night at Burk Price Rd. The family is Daniel and Keishia Goins. They also have a son that is 18 months old. They are staying at the comfort inn, room 205. The family lost everything. Keisha is pregnant and in need of maternity clothes also.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 5, 2009
you know what sizes i have a few pieces of maternity clothes

rogersville

#14 Feb 5, 2009
TnFan wrote:
And another family lost their home too on Tuesday night at Burk Price Rd. The family is Daniel and Keishia Goins. They also have a son that is 18 months old. They are staying at the comfort inn, room 205. The family lost everything. Keisha is pregnant and in need of maternity clothes also.
That is the house fire in the Choptack community, Burk Price road is that little road that cuts off from Choptack
ccr

Newport, TN

#15 Feb 5, 2009
badbabe wrote:
people are just trying to stay warm. The snow is beautiful, but these temps are bitter and deadly.
If anyone knows either of these families, please list sizes for clothing. I am sure donations could be passed on by local agencies such as Red Cross, or United Way.
I do not personally know either of these families, but I have passed by the home on choptack and I believe they have children, and I did see several dogs there who may be in need of shelter. The Red Cross makes arrangements for families at local hotels, but nothing for pets.
i know the famly on choptack there names are kisha trent and danial goins i dont know there sizes but i can get them i do know that there baby wheres a size 24 months

Location hidden

#16 Feb 5, 2009
I would appreciate it. i have some clothes that may fit her...and the lil boy too. don't know about husband what may he be able to wear size wise....
Fund

Cleveland, TN

#17 Feb 5, 2009
tendem wrote:
<quoted text>
To my understanding, a donation fund has been set up at Green Bank in Rogersville
ccr

Newport, TN

#18 Feb 5, 2009
rog-vegas citizen wrote:
you know what sizes i have a few pieces of maternity clothes
she wheres a xl
ccr

Newport, TN

#19 Feb 5, 2009
rog-vegas citizen wrote:
I would appreciate it. i have some clothes that may fit her...and the lil boy too. don't know about husband what may he be able to wear size wise....
i size 32-30 in jeanes and a med shirt
I can help

Martin, TN

#20 Feb 5, 2009
Me and my mom have a kids and juniors clothes store in Rogersville. We have several boxes full of clothes that we are not are not going to sell. They are assorted sizes and the majority of them are baby and children's. We would be happy to let the ones who lost their things in the fire come in and get anything they can use. Call two nine three zero two nine two

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carwille 2 hr past employee of his 5
40.00 wheel tax increase 2 hr Rogersville resid... 19
Wheel Tax - About Time 2 hr Rogersville resid... 22
June 2017 BMA Election 2 hr Rogersville resid... 21
Megan Arnold (Feb '14) 12 hr Big bird 16
Red truck thieves 14 hr tenda 2
Meth dealers 14 hr DHelton 3

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance