County road department
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
County Road Resident

Rathdrum, ID

#1 Sep 12, 2012
I see the road department is at it again with trying to claim a road as a county road that is not a county road. Trying to say that Presley Cemetery road is a county road with an existing cattle guard in place is against County policy. When are we gonna say enough is enough and get Bean out of there. He has no idea how to do his job or even what his job entails. Just because the county doesn't have the deed to many roadways is no reason to carry on the way it has always been. Judge Brand told Bean to fix the Road List and he goes on just like all the other good ole boys holding office in the county with doing it the way it's always been done. Wake up people we deserve better than this.
jam

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2012
Which was there first? The cemetery or building?
County Road Resident

United States

#3 Sep 12, 2012
jam wrote:
Which was there first? The cemetery or building?
Doesn't matter. County road cannot enter into private property. County cannot work on private property.

1. Listing or appearing on the road list does not make it a county road.

2. No roads may be considered for a county road with cattle guards in place.

3. Commissioners never received referral to consider as county road.

4. County does not have a deed to the property.

Maybe one day the people of this county will get tired of taxpayer money being spent on non county roads.
ass fault

United States

#4 Sep 12, 2012
County Road Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. County road cannot enter into private property. County cannot work on private property.
1. Listing or appearing on the road list does not make it a county road.
2. No roads may be considered for a county road with cattle guards in place.
3. Commissioners never received referral to consider as county road.
4. County does not have a deed to the property.
Maybe one day the people of this county will get tired of taxpayer money being spent on non county roads.
Judge will rule that any road historically maintained by the county is a county road. The county commission can officially close the road if no one owning property on the road objects.
I don't know if the dead people will be allowed to speak at the hearing.
Say what

Nashville, TN

#5 Sep 12, 2012
ass fault wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge will rule that any road historically maintained by the county is a county road. The county commission can officially close the road if no one owning property on the road objects.
I don't know if the dead people will be allowed to speak at the hearing.
They should, after all some of them still probably vote.
jam

United States

#6 Sep 12, 2012
Excuse mei bet the cemetery was there first. Why should anyone have to ask or wait for a key to a gste?
Jay Hawk

Dandridge, TN

#7 Sep 12, 2012
jam wrote:
Excuse mei bet the cemetery was there first. Why should anyone have to ask or wait for a key to a gste?
Might depend on why you want in.
Tad

Newport, TN

#8 Sep 12, 2012
get off my case, son
jessie

United States

#9 Sep 13, 2012
Its sad to own property and be controled by others-so they think.
County Road Resident

Rathdrum, ID

#10 Sep 13, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/user/timesnewsonline

I'm sorry I forgot to post the like to Jeff Bobo's news article.

Ass fault I'm sorry to disappoint you but a road is not a county road no, matter how much money the road dept has spent on it, unless it was resolutioned in. The county simply cannot start maintaining a road and then say it is a county road.
County Road Resident

Rathdrum, ID

#11 Sep 13, 2012
jam wrote:
The cemetery is for Presley family members only.
fyi

Morristown, TN

#12 Sep 13, 2012
Brand did a lot of damage during his "reign." He was arrogant and crude. I am surprised some of his comments in open court didn't land the county in lawsuits.
wrecking

Johnson City, TN

#13 Sep 14, 2012
They worked on hwy 66 trying to fix the holes and made it worse than they were. Now, in front of the hwy dept where they "fixed" make your car weave towards the on comming trafic. Talk about stupid and dangerous, that sure was.
Ass fault

United States

#14 Sep 14, 2012
County Road Resident wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ti mesnewsonline
I'm sorry I forgot to post the like to Jeff Bobo's news article.
Ass fault I'm sorry to disappoint you but a road is not a county road no, matter how much money the road dept has spent on it, unless it was resolutioned in. The county simply cannot start maintaining a road and then say it is a county road.
This has been done before by a judge in Hawkins County, historically there were "public roads" that the county began to improve or maintain. Used to be that the elected Road Superintendent was in charge of the official road list,his decision stood unless the county court (now commission)overrode his list. Some of our roads were originally buffalo trails. If a Judge rules the road is a county road it will be in spite of current law.
Ass fault

United States

#15 Sep 14, 2012
jam wrote:
Even if it is not a county road a Judge might declare that the right-of-way to the cemetery cannot be gated. But personally it seems that requesting permission to visit this cemetery is not that big a problem. Ain't nobody going to leave before you get through the gate.
busted shock

United States

#16 Sep 14, 2012
wrecking wrote:
They worked on hwy 66 trying to fix the holes and made it worse than they were. Now, in front of the hwy dept where they "fixed" make your car weave towards the on comming trafic. Talk about stupid and dangerous, that sure was.
These are actually the newest type of speed breaker.
Frankie

United States

#17 Sep 18, 2012
Just vote for a new commissioner... and call and complaine.. squeaky wheel always gets oiled
hill billy

United States

#18 Sep 18, 2012
Frankie wrote:
Just vote for a new commissioner... and call and complaine.. squeaky wheel always gets oiled
Sometimes the squeaky is removed and thrown away and replaced by a quieter one.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Newport, TN

#19 Sep 19, 2012
wrecking
Elizabethton, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#13Friday Sep 14

Since u want to bitch and complain, why not know your facts before opening your mouth? Since the work on hwy 66 was done by the STATE not the county... Remember if it has a name it is county or city if it has a number its state...
road warrior

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
wrecking
Elizabethton, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#13Friday Sep 14
Since u want to bitch and complain, why not know your facts before opening your mouth? Since the work on hwy 66 was done by the STATE not the county... Remember if it has a name it is county or city if it has a number its state...
Don't be so hard on these people it can be confusing ;
State highway 66 intersects county road Old 113 which intersects
county road Old highway 66 which then intersects State highway 70.
County road Old highway 70 intersects State highway 66.
Come out to Persia and figure out names and numbers.
Out here we don't know where we are going or where we have been.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tell the Truth Republicans 2 hr duhhhhh 4
Idiots at walmart 4 hr yippie 20
doc and alicia 5 hr aliciabDocm 9
Calhoun 6 hr Johnny South Knox... 22
Cherokee Lake Beach (May '13) 6 hr Lake Owner 27
Transgendered 7 hr Calhoun 29
Why Reagan was the worst president 7 hr Calhoun 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages