A Good Thing!
KNOCKING ON THE BACK DOOR

Columbia, TN

#2 Dec 1, 2008
HAWKINS COUNTY EMS MOVES AN AMBULANCE WITHIN 4 MILES OF CHURCH HILL CITY LIMITS
knocking on the back door

Columbia, TN

#3 Dec 1, 2008
Hawkins County EMS moves an ambulance within 4 miles of Church Hill city limits.
Hawkins

United States

#4 Dec 2, 2008
Yes, Church Hill EMS did take over the ambulance coverage for the city limits of Surgoinsville. Hawkins County EMS also placed a substation in Surgoinsville for the residents that they still serve in the county.
Citizen

Johnson City, TN

#5 Dec 6, 2008
I have also heard that they are talking with people in Bulls Gap about ambulance coverage in that area.
june bug

Johnson City, TN

#6 Dec 11, 2008
I'll take my chances with Church Hill EMS any day. They are closer to Surgoinsville and will take you to a Kingsport hospital.
slim

Redmond, WA

#7 Dec 12, 2008
Hawkins County EMS has good peaple that work there they are friendly . Church Hill has know friendly people work there they are TG to good and some think there good looking and you know who are .
Tolerance

Columbia, TN

#8 Dec 12, 2008
june bug wrote:
I'll take my chances with Church Hill EMS any day. They are closer to Surgoinsville and will take you to a Kingsport hospital.
Hawkins County EMS is just as close now that they have a new station in Phipps Bend. They are there 24/7 with an Advanced care unit, from my understanding Church Hill is only there during they day and its not always an advanced unit.

As a patient you have the right to choose which hospital you are transported to, as long as the distance from the hospital won't compromise the patient care given...Like living in Church hill and having a heart attack then wanting the ambulance to take you to knoxville, thats foolish IMO.
concered

Knoxville, TN

#9 Dec 12, 2008
There are no logical explanations as to the mayor of Sugoinsville wanting an ambulance stationed in his town. I think Hawkins Co. EMS has done a wonderful job taking care of those of us who live in this small city. It is something I think the new mayor wanted so that it would make him look big. By the way I have looked for the ChirchHill ambulance on several occasions and have not seen it yet. The pt. care that they can give (CHEMS ) is what worries me !
Just a thought

Kingsport, TN

#10 Dec 13, 2008
slim wrote:
Hawkins County EMS has good peaple that work there they are friendly . Church Hill has know friendly people work there they are TG to good and some think there good looking and you know who are .
Whatever school you went to should be embarrassed.
The Truth

Mocksville, NC

#11 Dec 13, 2008
Hawkins Co. EMS was offered first to put a unit in Surgoinsville but refused. Church Hill Station 1 in church hill had coverage to AFG road which is 3 miles. Hawkins Co. was responding 13 miles from their station. They refused to move the coverage area to half way now which is better for patient. Church Hill EMS is a Class A ambulance service State Tenn. that is best same as Hawkins County. Church Hill has a ALS UNIT IN Surgoinsville 24 hours. The only reason Hawkins County has one in Phipps Bend was after Church Hill put one in Surgoinsville why didn't they put one in Surgoinsville when ask??????????
Big Question

Mocksville, NC

#12 Dec 13, 2008
When Hawkins decided to put unit in Phipps Bend to spite Church Hill did they consider Bulls Gap which is 15 miles response and Mooresburg what is response time to these areas. I will consider patient care to these areas instead of fighting Church Hill people in these areas should be asking questions.
Common Sense

Grindstone, PA

#13 Dec 13, 2008
Church Hill has a Station in Church Hill ALS care 24/7 to cover Church Hill one in Mt Carmel ALS care 24/7 to cover Mt Carmel, one in Surgoinsville ALS care 24/7 to cover Surgoinsville, one in Kingsport ALS care 24/7. Church Hill does not place all its units in one station and respond 13 to 15 miles which is not good patient care. Which would you want if it was your family member. Rogersville is not the only City in Hawkins County look where the population is
The Facts

Grindstone, PA

#14 Dec 13, 2008
Hawkins County EMS is not a County Service they are a 501C organization just like Church Hill EMS. Hawkins County contributes to both organizations Church Hill EMS uses their County money to supplement people who live in Hawkins County that can't afford their ambulance bill. Hawkins County residents must fill out application and qualifiy for indigent care this prevents them being turned over to collection.
GangRelated

Kingsport, TN

#15 Dec 13, 2008
TURF WARZ
slim

Kingsport, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2008
turf warz that what it sound's like just do your job and save life's.give the best alsc that all anyone wants. the last time i wrote something about this i was mad just do what wscc & nescc has train you to do. there is alot more things to _itch about.let them do there job please!!!!!!
Tolerance

Lawrenceburg, TN

#17 Dec 13, 2008
slim wrote:
turf warz that what it sound's like just do your job and save life's.give the best alsc that all anyone wants. the last time i wrote something about this i was mad just do what wscc & nescc has train you to do. there is alot more things to _itch about.let them do there job please!!!!!!
I agree completely Slim, Regardless of who is where we all will need them at one time or another, so how about we as citizens donate to both when we can, thank them all when we seen them for doing what they do, and not make it any harder of these guys and gals than they already have it.
Bunny

White Pine, TN

#18 Dec 13, 2008
I live in Surgoinsville and don't know what all the yeeyow is about.We have emergency personel on hand now due to the contacts the mayor and alderman made and I do not care who they are. They are certified and I would be happy to have them help me if needed. Surgoinsville officials have already done more to help our citizens in the past two years than the others did in the past 10. Name one thing that the previous administration did to benefit our community? They filled in our swimming pool and tried their best to shut down the library. Hats off to our new EMS>
slim

Redmond, WA

#19 Dec 15, 2008
Tolerance wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely Slim, Regardless of who is where we all will need them at one time or another, so how about we as citizens donate to both when we can, thank them all when we seen them for doing what they do, and not make it any harder of these guys and gals than they already have it.
i'am glad someone think the same as i do. when i saw this i got mad i said something wrong. but when ur mad u say the wrong thing i do volunter some of my time in fire & rescue people hasnt seen people when ther down.it tuff and sad. i wish people would just get along. there will be time people will see the light.
Hawkins Boy

Greeneville, TN

#20 Dec 15, 2008
Hawkins EMS wasn't going to put that ambulance in Phipps Bend until Surgoinsville awarded its town franchise to Church Hill EMS. It's tit for tat. They're playing games with people's safety. They went from not enough coverage in Surgoinsville to too much coverage for Surgoinsville. For 10 years the closest ambulance for Surgoinsville residences was 15 miles away in Rogersville. Now Hawkins EMS is trying to salvage some of its coverage area.If Hawkins EMS had put that ambulance at Phipps Bend a year ago, Church Hill wouldn't be there now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tasha Frazier 13 min the fax 18
Burn can 19 min Clyde 11
casey mitchell 56 min The Spelling Police 4
Just trash 3 hr Lil red corvette 5
who sued Buddy Baird ? 3 hr legaleagal 6
pain clinic information (Sep '11) 4 hr 12345xyz 4
christina ball 4 hr Dowhat 2
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE