First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Just Wondering

Hollywood, FL

#1 Sep 8, 2006
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else on this case. Do you think it will ever be solved? How sad for whoever did this to just get away with it. I feel so bad everytime I drive by both dealerships - it just isn't the same. I thought someone had purchased the Ford Dealership, but as of yet, nothing has changed there.
Thinking out loud

AOL

#2 Sep 8, 2006
The paper work for the 11W dealership has been taken care of and the Larry Vickers name will soon be coming off the building. The same source that knew about the 11W location said the initial interest in the Ford dealership has faded, although one group was interested in the franchise but not the location...but that deal didn't happen. As for the investigation, someone in law enforcement (not involved in that investigation) predicted it will become a cold case.
Friend of Larry

Kingsport, TN

#3 Sep 8, 2006
The results of the autopsy were inclusive.
fol

Monroe, NC

#4 Sep 8, 2006
Not only is it sad for all of Larry's family and many friends that this may never be solved, but what is anyone actually doing, including the RPD and TBI. Rogersville is a small town, I can't believe that no one has a clue. Someone had to either see or hear something. How does a prominent resident get blown away on the street and no one knows anything!!
Longtime friend

Hamilton, OH

#5 Sep 18, 2006
Happy 50th Birthday Larry! You are missed.
fol

Monroe, NC

#6 Sep 18, 2006
Happy Birthday, good friend!

Rest in Peace
They were right

Knoxville, TN

#7 Mar 31, 2010
Thinking out loud wrote:
As for the investigation, someone in law enforcement (not involved in that investigation) predicted it will become a cold case.
I don't know what the "legal" definition of a cold case is, but it has been four years now and nothing has happened.
Comments

Kingsport, TN

#8 Mar 31, 2010
It seems obvious local law enforcement is not going to pursue this further. As has been said before, the family should hire a private investigator, and those interested in the case should go on to the TBI with a request for further action.
I agree

Rogersville, TN

#9 Mar 31, 2010
I agree, why don't you dig him up and ask him what happened or why he shot himself?
mister

Knoxville, TN

#10 Mar 31, 2010
I agree wrote:
I agree, why don't you dig him up and ask him what happened or why he shot himself?
cant get the law from the burger bar and o henry's or looking at the teeny-boppers
man of the hour

Kingsport, TN

#11 Apr 1, 2010
If you want to find a city ploiceman after dark go behine BIg LOts you will find one parked beside the trast dumpest sound asleep.happens all the time.
Blood Hound

Newport, TN

#12 Apr 1, 2010
I agree wrote:
Why do you think he shot himself? I just thought it odd that the paper mentioned suicide in the articles but the additional information in the articles was a trail to conclude murder. I can understand putting forth false information to save the family the embarrassment of a suicide but the false info puts the community on edge thinking that a killer roams our streets.
tired of it all

United States

#13 Apr 1, 2010
This doesn't make the Rogersville Police Dept look good.How many detectives do they have?
Its a shame

Knoxville, TN

#14 Apr 1, 2010
IT is Time to put a50or75 thousand dollar Reward up,Then see how long the Shoter last.
John Doe

Knoxville, TN

#15 Apr 2, 2010
Hey if you guys dig his thieving carcus up, see if you can get my down payment back on the truck he never ordered!!!!!!! Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy
Rusty Shackleford

United States

#16 Apr 8, 2010
I heard that he sold a brand new Ford GT40 to a guy up north. The guy wanted it to be specifically red in color. Well he sold the car to the guy but never gave him the title, because he had to make it look like the car was still in his possession to the Ford dealer rep. It wasnt long after that that he was found dead. So you tell me, would you shoot someone over a $200k deal gone wrong?
brad

Knoxville, TN

#17 Apr 8, 2010
Comments wrote:
It seems obvious local law enforcement is not going to pursue this further. As has been said before, the family should hire a private investigator, and those interested in the case should go on to the TBI with a request for further action.
TBI did investigate
John Doe

Knoxville, TN

#18 Apr 8, 2010
they may have investigated it but as usual they did nothing, and as for his wife she is no better than he was. went to her about my money and she could care less, so i got no use for her as well. Hope she chokes on my down payment!!!!!!
where is

Mexico, Mexico

#19 Aug 5, 2010
your reciept? do you have proof that you gave the dealership money for a downpayment. If not, then it's your problem. What would you do? Idiot!
John Doe wrote:
they may have investigated it but as usual they did nothing, and as for his wife she is no better than he was. went to her about my money and she could care less, so i got no use for her as well. Hope she chokes on my down payment!!!!!!
Geez

Whitesburg, TN

#20 Aug 5, 2010
We all know that he had a shady side of him. From what I have read it looked like a professional hit. Profesionals don't leave a trail. This will never be solved as long as the guy that did it keeps his mouth shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
short blonde 21 min inlove 8
Hale Springs going downhill 2 hr Just Looking Around 26
local "EMS" being threatened? Outsiders making ... 4 hr Keeping it real 58
Chris Jones.... 6 hr Lisa 3
Democrats Made a Mistake by Passing Obamacare 6 hr Goldwater 3
Everybody Will Have a Better Thanksgiving Due t... 6 hr Lincoln Republican 1
The War on Christmas begins again 7 hr billyG 4
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match

Rogersville People Search