awwww

United States

#146 Sep 16, 2010
atomcake wrote:
<quoted text>that idiot does not know what she means
Shut up TODD, get drunk and leave the real world alone. Your mother was an idiot so in your twisted head all women are. You can't conduct yourself in a civilized manner, therefor it's every women your little mind thinks is easy game. Man get off here with your whinny ass crap already, we are all adults here except the idiotic nasty rants YOU put on here. Stay off here head case.
Doc

Mount Juliet, TN

#147 Sep 17, 2010
Well now that the UN summit on the relative merits of France has adjourned...

Ate dinner there this week. Severely disappointed. Expensive prices, cheaply prepared food. Many shortcuts taken that took away from the quality of the dish. If they're going to charge those prices, then put some time and effort into the dish. If on the other hand they are going to use such cheap ingredients and generic presentations, charge accordingly.

From what I saw and experienced, they won't last long without making some serious changes. I'll stick to the Little Dutch in Morristown for evenings out.

Since: Jul 10

Sevierville, TN

#148 Sep 17, 2010
Point wrote:
<quoted text>
Your hostility shows your ignorance, all of her points in America's eating habits are facts, look around. We're talking about food here, not wars......dumb ass.
puss cake read the whole thing you are an idiot

Since: Jul 10

Sevierville, TN

#149 Sep 17, 2010
old friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your momma ever tell you who your real father was? or has she even narrowed it down yet?
I know my dad you halfbreed question is did your mother explain to you about her days as a hooker which explains why you are so useless...and like I have said if you wanted to do something you would have but instead you are a punk just like I have been saying all a long
cause your

United States

#150 Sep 17, 2010
too d@mn coward to let anyone know who you are or you would have already been rid of. You are a spineless pos without a life or anyone that ever comments you to help you boost your self esteem so you have to come on here with your same o sh!t over and over just to even feel like a human being.
Religulous

United States

#152 Sep 17, 2010
Doc wrote:
Well now that the UN summit on the relative merits of France has adjourned...
Ate dinner there this week. Severely disappointed. Expensive prices, cheaply prepared food. Many shortcuts taken that took away from the quality of the dish. If they're going to charge those prices, then put some time and effort into the dish. If on the other hand they are going to use such cheap ingredients and generic presentations, charge accordingly.
From what I saw and experienced, they won't last long without making some serious changes. I'll stick to the Little Dutch in Morristown for evenings out.
Same here... Dinner extremely overpriced and dissappointing.

For the same price for dinner, could eat at Sagebrush, Applebees , Ruby Tuesdays,etc for less. For same amount, could eat at Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Bennetts, etc...

The place is cute, I will give them that , staff is pleasant.. definitely a step in the right direction.

Definitely need to reconsider the prices. Perhaps lunch is their strong suit, as prices seem to be more reasonable.
Religulous

United States

#153 Sep 17, 2010
Meant to say, could eat at sagebrush, applebees, ruby tuesdays, etc for LESS.
boom boom pow

Savannah, TN

#154 Sep 17, 2010
they just have so much room on the inside. lol if you plain to eat there this winter an not wait, just wear your coverhals an longjons, so you can eat outside where there is more tables than inside!
honestly

Kingsport, TN

#155 Sep 17, 2010
This is why no one should open a business in Rogersville. Just a waste of good money.
just me

Tullahoma, TN

#157 Sep 17, 2010
dragonlady39 wrote:
They are open from 11-9 every day (even Sunday). I know many people who have tried it already and nearly all loved the food & service. One or two complained about the pork BBQ being fatty and the steak too small. The view and menu are great. We plan to go tomorrow. Best of luck to them, we need a nice place in town!(BTW- It is spelled AMIS and they have a website and FaceBook page, if interested).
my sister ate here and she and her daughter really enjoyed it she said that her steak was cooked to her satisification...and that is saying a lot comming from my sister...lol...hope you enjoy your visit...
Reality Check

Kingsport, TN

#158 Sep 17, 2010
Rogersville has several restaurants that serve tasty, reasonable food. This is not a gourmet, upscale, or "foodie" town, never will be, and does not have the demographic for such a restaurant. The Amis Mill Eatery is a typical restaurant, best view in town, and will make it. But those who were expecting miracles, People, this is Rogersville, Tennessee. Love it. Wouldn't leave it, but am realistic.
Maggie

Kingsport, TN

#159 Sep 17, 2010
Buuutttt!! What about the taters??? Us hillbillys caint do without taters to go with our steak!! And I don't mean frozen french fries. Caint enjoy a steak without a good baked tater and salad and bread or roll. Never had corn muffins with steak before. Ate in France before, took 2 hours from apetizer to finish. Way too much food and the cook was short and fat. Ha, ha!!!!
Doc

Ringgold, GA

#160 Sep 18, 2010
Lemme see....Uncle Ben's instant rice...generic frozen onion rings...Jiffy corn bread mix...and those are the boxes I personally saw on the shelves in the kitchen or in use at cooking stations.

Y'all have at it.

“Can you feel the love?”

Since: Jan 09

Where I was born

#161 Sep 18, 2010
I believe that half the people bad mouthing the place have NOT been there. I have seen no problems of which are spoken on here, other than the server being a little nervous. You may get coke when you ask for tea, but other than that, the prices are reasonable, the food is delightful, and the atmosphere......well I rename it "amisphere".

Bottom line, for those that were thinking of trying it, don't let someone who thinks a steak should cost 5 bucks change your mind!
A Nonny Mouse

Kingston, TN

#162 Sep 18, 2010
Well put, Blue Mann...There are a lot of people on this site who'd B!ch if you hung 'em w/a new rope...(grin)
Maggie

Kingsport, TN

#163 Sep 18, 2010
What?, 6.00 for a little tiny salad that makes McDonnalds 1.00 side salad look like a giant? 2.50 more to add chicken. The gumbo was salty enough to choke a horse. The peso grilled chicken sandwich was delicious though. 5.95 including fries, not bad. I would stick to sandwiches. The sweet tooth cafe is a great place to go if you like chicken salad, but you can get tired of that.
I love Amis Mills building. I would like to build a home out of old barn material like that.
Maggie

Kingsport, TN

#164 Sep 18, 2010
As for the price of steak. The Sagebrush has a 6 oz sirlion for 6.95. That include baked potato, salad and bread. Love that place! Their side salad is loaded with tomatoes, boiled egg, bacon bits, cheese, onions and carrots, YUM!
french girl

Johnson City, TN

#165 Sep 18, 2010
Maggie wrote:
As for the price of steak. The Sagebrush has a 6 oz sirlion for 6.95. That include baked potato, salad and bread. Love that place! Their side salad is loaded with tomatoes, boiled egg, bacon bits, cheese, onions and carrots, YUM!
The sagebrush is in Kingsport n'est pas?
Religulous

United States

#166 Sep 18, 2010
Blue Mann wrote:
I believe that half the people bad mouthing the place have NOT been there. I have seen no problems of which are spoken on here, other than the server being a little nervous. You may get coke when you ask for tea, but other than that, the prices are reasonable, the food is delightful, and the atmosphere......well I rename it "amisphere".
Bottom line, for those that were thinking of trying it, don't let someone who thinks a steak should cost 5 bucks change your mind!
Of course, the people who disagree with you must be lying...

or some of us actually don't mind paying for a good meal, provided the meal is good. I'll pay $16-$20 all day long for a 12 oz. ribeye. Just don't shovel chit on the side and call it a meal.

IMHO, prices are too much for what's offered, especially considering established restaurants in surrounding counties with similar offerings for the same or less.

I hope the place does well, I just thing they need to re-examine their prices and some of the wording on the menu.
Noah Fence

United States

#167 Sep 18, 2010
Dont be so tight. Their prices are just fine.
Religulous wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the people who disagree with you must be lying...
or some of us actually don't mind paying for a good meal, provided the meal is good. I'll pay $16-$20 all day long for a 12 oz. ribeye. Just don't shovel chit on the side and call it a meal.
IMHO, prices are too much for what's offered, especially considering established restaurants in surrounding counties with similar offerings for the same or less.
I hope the place does well, I just thing they need to re-examine their prices and some of the wording on the menu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
...as you would have them do unto you 51 min Kingfish 60
Jean Galloway's Missing horse must have found ... 7 hr Decent Person 36
Brian Heartness 8 hr Hold up 3
"Called To Preach".. And Some Who "Calls" Them... 9 hr Dave 51
County Employees Running for Office 14 hr Registered Voter 6
Dems Fleeing High-Tax High-Crime Blue States 19 hr Kingfish 7
Who is Kenny Cromer??? 19 hr IknowHim 4

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance