Austin

Cookeville, TN

#21 Mar 23, 2009
I like sonic food. I haven't eaten there in a while but I like their Bacon Burgers with tater tots and large cherry limeade. YUM!
yippee

Mountain City, GA

#22 Mar 23, 2009
The only problem I have with Sonic is that they advertise that they're open by 6:00 a.m. and I have been there on several mornings at 6:45 and they are not open. Not convenient when you're craving a cherry apple slush!

“you have to begin to start”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#23 Mar 23, 2009
no offense but for what i paid for 4 or 5 cheese sticks there the other night i could have drove to food city and bought a box and made them 5 times for my son. I have tipped there. That is a hard job being a car hop. I wish you people the best. Oh and i haven't complained to get free butterfinger blasts every time i come there and the cup is blowed out in the bottom with another one stuck over the hole either. I eat it and go on.
Amber

Strawberry Plains, TN

#24 Mar 23, 2009
I will not go to sonic. I know one of the cooks there. He never showers or washes his uniform. To just think of the stinch on my food makes me sick to my stomach.
dragon_lady

Columbia, TN

#25 Mar 23, 2009
If they expect tips, they should post that somewhere. I never thought to give tips. I don;t tip at McDonalds and I drive up there too. When they don;t have it ready, they come out to the car & give it to you. I thought that was the novelty of Sonic. The car hops. You should definately get minimum wage or post that you expect tips!
Lies

Rogersville, TN

#26 Mar 23, 2009
I was a manager and carhop there for a few years and the carhops most certainly do NOT work for less than $3 an hour.. we started at 5.15 and I know some people who are making $7....
Just a thought

Church Hill, VA

#27 Mar 23, 2009
Lies wrote:
I was a manager and carhop there for a few years and the carhops most certainly do NOT work for less than $3 an hour.. we started at 5.15 and I know some people who are making $7....
That's interesting. Now we have to figure out who is telling a fib.

“life is good ”

Since: Oct 08

Rogersville

#28 Mar 23, 2009
I have a friend who's daughter used to work there and she was paid minimum wage plus the tips she received as a car hop. Sounds like someone is trying to get our pity to get more tips!!

Since: Jan 09

United States

#30 Mar 23, 2009
well i wasnt saying everyone that works there. pay attention there employee. i was refering to one young lady in particular NO NAMES mentioned because im actually a nice person. if you want more money go get a better job, ever thought of that one einstein? my son came home with blasts for the family and guess wat? yup you guessed it they were screwed up as usual...i thought when you oredered a lets say ummmm a reese blast it would have reese in it. not a few pcs of chocolate sprinkled on top and then plain ole ice cream all the rest of the way. butterfinger blast should have butterfinger in it, so on and so forth.
to get technical with you employee i use to tip and tip very well i did. until you young punks started workin there and look and dress like you just crawled out of bed. not all of the employees are like that either, only a few are like emo, skater lookin critters..shoot i ordered a #1 with mayo there back in the fall and all i got was the bun lettuce tomato and mustard, no meat patty no mayo..wat the crap was that all about? and that ismore or less when i stopped tipping the car hops. and by the way maybe just maybe if you did give a shit about your job and the customers then you might just maybe get good tips.
Employee

United States

#31 Mar 24, 2009
Yes we all did use to make min wage till a couple months ago all new carhops start at 3.13 a hour. But the carhops that has been there before that started keeps making there 5.85 because they were hired before it changed.
Employee

United States

#32 Mar 24, 2009
Lol oh my god. i think you are telling a fib!!!
It would be very hard to forget to put candy in a blast or a meat patty on a hamburger!! What are you trippin on!!?

BTW nobody that works in the sonic here is emo or has tats that you can see, maybe under their clothes but thats it!!
Employee

United States

#33 Mar 24, 2009
Lol and how would we have dressed like we just crawled out of bed?? We have Uniforms and have to wear our hair up? How would you be able to tell if we just got out of bed?
Lies

Rogersville, TN

#34 Mar 24, 2009
Let's put the question to the regional manager then. We can find out what all new carhops make. I have a pretty good feeling it is not 3.13...
Lies

Rogersville, TN

#35 Mar 24, 2009
Employee wrote:
Hmm well most the time we dont care if your food is right or not because you tight a$$es dont tip us. we dont make min wage and we work our asses off walking your food out, making your drinks and bagging your food and taking your order. then have to walk back in and out because you forget to tell us on headset you need mayo!! and everything else!! I have worked there for two years and half of you ppl lie jst to get free food or get it replaced. why dont you all put a head set on and try and hear through the speakers.. yeah sometimes we cant hear when you stupid idiots leave your big cars running. The two years i have worked there we have HARDLY EVER messed anyones order up and when we do we replace it FOR FREE and let you keep the other food also. Some ppl dont even tip 25 cents. Up until last month i made sure everything i made was totally right. but since then i dont really care anymore because you dont tip. Us carhops take atleast 50-150 orders a day depending on what shift you work. and dont even make but 10-25$ dollars. Thats BAD. Bareley makes up for our min wages sometimes. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT GO BACK. SIMPLE. Because if something is not made right we ALWAYS replace or remake. but hell if u dont like it then Go to Mcdonalds :) Less walking for me to do :
That's funny Employee... here you stated that you did not make minumum wage.. and now you are singing a whole new tune... which is it?
O My Gosh

Sevierville, TN

#36 Mar 24, 2009
Sorry, I never tip at a fast food restaurant. I tip where a waitress refills my drink and cleans up my table when I'm finished eating. If sonic is paying you as a waitress they should post this so people will know that they get free refills and know that you will carry off their trash. Then they will tip you. I know I would.
I love sonics food 90% of the time.
sUnnydAy

United States

#37 Mar 24, 2009
Lies wrote:
Let's put the question to the regional manager then. We can find out what all new carhops make. I have a pretty good feeling it is not 3.13...
I am an associate manager at Sonic. Yes new hops make 3.13. But if they do not make enough tips through out their shift, we make up for it until they reach min wage. The cooks make min wage, I can honestly say that everyone in the store is under paid... It gets busy as hell, The place is giving me panic attacks! But I am in the process of finding another job. Do you know anyone hiring?

“you have to begin to start”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#38 Mar 24, 2009
sUnnydAy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an associate manager at Sonic. Yes new hops make 3.13. But if they do not make enough tips through out their shift, we make up for it until they reach min wage. The cooks make min wage, I can honestly say that everyone in the store is under paid... It gets busy as hell, The place is giving me panic attacks! But I am in the process of finding another job. Do you know anyone hiring?
hmm how damn funny look at the isp moron...some people can think they can post under different names but ha ha ha the jokes on you cause your isp will follow you....and its traceable
Just the Fax

Jasper, TX

#39 Mar 24, 2009
I think that everyone who ever does business at a fast food or other restaurant should have to have worked at one for a while. Nothing makes you want to leave a tip and help a hard-working person out like having been in that position yourself. When I tip someone now, I remember how I felt when someone did the same for me, and how I appreciated a customer actually making EYE CONTACT, smiling or asking how I was. Sure made slinging the pizzas a little more bearable. :)
Just the Fax

Jasper, TX

#40 Mar 24, 2009
rog-vegas citizen wrote:
<quoted text>hmm how damn funny look at the isp moron...some people can think they can post under different names but ha ha ha the jokes on you cause your isp will follow you....and its traceable
Name calling aside, the same IP address can show up for people actually in different cities or households because different posters may be using the same wireless or other service.
Just a thought

Church Hill, VA

#41 Mar 24, 2009
As someone who was once a cook in a restaurant, I've always wondered why, when someone likes the food, they always tip the waitress, never the cook.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley thacker 27 min dhs 12
Snitches 1 hr Not really 2
Chris M. 8 hr Sweet guy 2
News Woman Trapped Under Dump Truck 9 hr Post Your Encounters 11
Thieves red fiesta white car red dodge 14 hr Uhavemydog 4
40.00 wheel tax increase 14 hr Old people 34
Austin bledso 14 hr Rino 7

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance