Who is the nicest cashier at Rogersvi...

Who is the nicest cashier at Rogersville Walmart?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BBB

United States

#1 Aug 7, 2008
I was wondering who you think is the friendliest cashier and which cashier seems to put in the most effort at Rogersville Wal-Mart.. and include any ideas about Wal-Mart Shopping experience.
hmmm

Kingsport, TN

#2 Aug 7, 2008
BBB wrote:
I was wondering who you think is the friendliest cashier and which cashier seems to put in the most effort at Rogersville Wal-Mart.. and include any ideas about Wal-Mart Shopping experience.
not the one that lies and cheats and takes money not hers. No class
Usual Wal-Mart

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Aug 7, 2008
The R'ville Wal-mart is higher priced than 1 just 25 min away in Kingsport and Morristown. It's better to drive to that store and shop as you will save enough to support it. Also, the quality and dates on food at the R'ville store are sometimes out, you have to watch closely. Can't wait til the new Food City opens to swap to. It may be a little higher price, but I am sure the quality will be much better. Would NEVER touch any of Wal-mart's meat in any of their stores, it's very bad... Also, it's very hard to get checked out on just about any day at the R'ville store.
Wally Holcomb

Bristol, VA

#4 Aug 7, 2008
I think most the female cashiers are fine, never a problem.

But some of the people working there need to change their attitude, especially the young male workers. When I ask questions to help find things or if they carry something or if something is in stock, I get a lot of attitude and not any helpfulness. WalMart could benefit from sending in some undercover shoppers to interact with the workers and find all the bad eggs, then get rid of them.
None

United States

#5 Aug 7, 2008
BBB wrote:
Sorry, don't remember names well, and probably wouldn't post one anyhow. To address your comment though, I attempt to find something refreshing, positive and light to say. To engage conversation in a friendly yet safe manner. I have been where they are and sometimes people, well,,, just don't act like people.
John Adams

Bristol, VA

#6 Aug 7, 2008
WalMart has a number of problems people need to be aware of.

First people need to understand that WalMart runs a scam on the prices of produce. They will have say plums for .89 a lb. But when you get to the register, they are $1.99 a lb. Then you have to argue with them about it, they always act like it is a big hassle, someone goes to check, find that, yes it is labeled .89 on the shelf, but they say that is a mistake and you have to pay $1.99. So I send the plums back and they act like it is a big imposition. This happens ALL the time, it's not just a one-time thing. They deliberately put fake prices on produce. Sometimes I miss the price rang up, get home, and find I paid $2.79/lb for tomatoes that were clearly labeled with a big giant sign as being .99/lb. It's a total scam.

Second, their return policy sucks on defective electronics. I bought ink for my printer and it didn't work. They refused to take it back "No returns on ink." The damn cartridge cost $35!! I will never buy from the WalMart electronics department anymore because of this, but the good news is I found you can buy printer ink on the internet for a fraction of the WalMart price. The $35 cartridge costs only $8 from a internet store. I also had a problem with a CD I bought that had obvious splotches on the disc from a manufacturing defect and would not play. I returned it the same day I bought it and they refused to accept it, saying it was a violation of copyright to accept returns of CDs. We even called the manager and he said the same thing. I ended up writing to the record company to tell them this, and they said it was NOT their policy that stores can not accept returns of their products and they sent me a new disk and a coupon for a free CD. Even so, I don't buy CDs at WalMart anymore because of this.

Third, WalMart charges for city and state taxes separately and they round each one separately. This means you often get charged an extra penny from what you would calculate to be the correct tax. Yes, it's only a penny, but it's the principle of the thing that they are cheating customers over something as small as a penny, you know they are also cheating for larger amounts as well. Another tax scam is if you order from their online store, walmart.com , they charge tax on shipping! They claim this is legally required, but I checked with the State of Tennessee Department of Revenue and they said that WalMart is not telling the truth. The only time tax is charged on shipping is cases where it's free with shipping and the shipping is more than the cost of shipping. You know, where you order something "free" but shipping is $20 even though the postage is only $1, so in that specific case you pay tax on the $19.
Grim

United States

#7 Aug 9, 2008
Thanks John Adams. Good to know these things.
John Adams wrote:
First people need to understand that WalMart runs a scam on the prices of produce. They will have say plums for .89 a lb. But when you get to the register, they are $1.99 a lb. Then you have to argue with them about it, they always act like it is a big hassle, someone goes to check, find that, yes it is labeled .89 on the shelf, but they say that is a mistake and you have to pay $1.99. So I send the plums back and they act like it is a big imposition. This happens ALL the time, it's not just a one-time thing. They deliberately put fake prices on produce. Sometimes I miss the price rang up, get home, and find I paid $2.79/lb for tomatoes that were clearly labeled with a big giant sign as being .99/lb. It's a total scam.
Second, their return policy sucks on defective electronics. I bought ink for my printer and it didn't work. They refused to take it back "No returns on ink." The damn cartridge cost $35!! I will never buy from the WalMart electronics department anymore because of this, but the good news is I found you can buy printer ink on the internet for a fraction of the WalMart price. The $35 cartridge costs only $8 from a internet store. I also had a problem with a CD I bought that had obvious splotches on the disc from a manufacturing defect and would not play. I returned it the same day I bought it and they refused to accept it, saying it was a violation of copyright to accept returns of CDs. We even called the manager and he said the same thing. I ended up writing to the record company to tell them this, and they said it was NOT their policy that stores can not accept returns of their products and they sent me a new disk and a coupon for a free CD. Even so, I don't buy CDs at WalMart anymore because of this.
Third, WalMart charges for city and state taxes separately and they round each one separately. This means you often get charged an extra penny from what you would calculate to be the correct tax. Yes, it's only a penny, but it's the principle of the thing that they are cheating customers over something as small as a penny, you know they are also cheating for larger amounts as well. Another tax scam is if you order from their online store, walmart.com , they charge tax on shipping! They claim this is legally required, but I checked with the State of Tennessee Department of Revenue and they said that WalMart is not telling the truth. The only time tax is charged on shipping is cases where it's free with shipping and the shipping is more than the cost of shipping. You know, where you order something "free" but shipping is $20 even though the postage is only $1, so in that specific case you pay tax on the $19.
leroy

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2008
i believe her names cathy

“My opinion is just that..mine!”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville

#9 Aug 10, 2008
John Adams wrote:
Well, JOhn, here is where you have to get tough, I have worked in the Grocery chain before, and If the label is there, they HAVE to let yo u have the item for the label price. This has always been courtesy of food chains.It is not your fault if the stockers or dept managers failed to take off the stickers......Heck I don't care anymore, I will stand and argue with them. If I want the item bad wnough
dkt

Hollywood, FL

#10 Aug 10, 2008
kayla bowlin, she is a sweetheart

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#11 Aug 10, 2008
I go to the Rogersville Office Supply Store and get my Printer Ink, It is cheaper there anyway and if they don't have it in stock they will order it for you at AT NO EXTRA COST. It came in 2 days after I ordered it. VERY FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND VERY HELPFUL WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT..
HATS OFF TO THE ROGERSVILLE OFFICE SUPPLY. We need to Support your Local Business.Yes walmart is local but not, you know what I mean..
John Adams wrote:
Cool

Madisonville, TN

#12 Aug 10, 2008
Walmart Sucks balls!%99 of the staff act like your waisting there time when you ask them a question, almost all the cashiers look like they just got back from a 10 year bid @ Tennessee Correctional Facility for Women... And everytime you go to take somthing back @ the customer service center theres 10 mexicans in line trying to return stuff they probobly stole in the first place!! And the only door greater that actually acts like he wants you there is the old man with the white beard kinda looks like santy claus! That guy kicks a$$ the rest.... just there for a paycheck, no pride in there job. Well enough ranting for now... I think we all should try to shop at other places when we can. I havent stepped foot inside of Wally World in about 2 1/2 months and... omg im still alive!!
Grim

Hollywood, FL

#13 Aug 16, 2008
Cool wrote:
Walmart Sucks balls!%99 of the staff act like your waisting there time when you ask them a question, almost all the cashiers look like they just got back from a 10 year bid @ Tennessee Correctional Facility for Women... And everytime you go to take somthing back @ the customer service center theres 10 mexicans in line trying to return stuff they probobly stole in the first place!! And the only door greater that actually acts like he wants you there is the old man with the white beard kinda looks like santy claus! That guy kicks a$$ the rest.... just there for a paycheck, no pride in there job. Well enough ranting for now... I think we all should try to shop at other places when we can. I havent stepped foot inside of Wally World in about 2 1/2 months and... omg im still alive!!
Hey Cool,
You are probably doing the folks at WalMart a favor by staying away.
dorothy

United States

#14 Aug 19, 2008
for all you people that complain about wal-mart you should put yourself in the associates shoes first of all 9 out of 10 customers returning an item are lying about it they either stole the item or bought it at a flea market and want the money for it. All stores pretty much have the same return policy on electronics. the rules were made because of people that want to get something for nothing also it is not only the people that works in retail that dont change the labels on stuff the crooked customers will swap the labels around. sometimes it is the same customer that comes in every day and lies everyday about produce pricing just to save a penny. A lady the other day in front of me bought a pack of gum chewed it spit at the cashier and demanded her 97 cents back. it is hard to be nice to a person like that.
Twilight

Mosheim, TN

#15 Aug 20, 2008
I don't have a problem returning stuff. I've returned clothes, books, cd's, movies, all kinds of stuff. OK I got a dvd last year for christmas, I opened it and tried to play it and it wouldn't. I took it back and had no problem. I had to exchange it, instead of getting cash. And getting back on subject....I like Anne Bradley, she's sweet. But how about Glenna that works in soft lines? Dang....she looks scary, I'd hate to work for her.

“My opinion is just that..mine!”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville

#16 Aug 20, 2008
what's soft lines??
Twilight

Nashville, TN

#17 Aug 20, 2008
Oh! It's like clothes and under wear. Stuff like that.

Since: Jul 08

Mckenzie, TN

#18 Aug 20, 2008
they have GM(general merchandise) doors or Grocery...
Rebecca

Maryville, TN

#19 Aug 20, 2008
Being a cashier is very stressful. Customers have such attitudes that the cashier is going to cheat them or something. It's not the cashier that is at fault, it's the computer system. The cashier just scans your products that you want to buy and the cashier gets blamed for it. Cashiers have no idea of what the price is suppose to be but the ignorant customer thinks they should know everything about the store. Suppose like over in the make-up, the shelf is entirely full, all different kinds of shades, a customer wants to know if we have the certain shade, I look to see if we do, see that we don't and tell her. She asks, when will you get it back in. I tell her we don't carry it, there is no more room for it. Also, people come in expecting to get boxes, where in the world are we suppose to put boxes? If you want boxes, call ahead before a truck gets here and we will save them, we have no room for them in the stockroom. A stockroom is just for that STOCK. The general public is so stupid, they should get a clue. Everyone should work in retail stores for a month and see how stupid they are!

Since: Jul 08

Mckenzie, TN

#20 Aug 20, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
Being a cashier is very stressful. Customers have such attitudes that the cashier is going to cheat them or something. It's not the cashier that is at fault, it's the computer system. The cashier just scans your products that you want to buy and the cashier gets blamed for it. Cashiers have no idea of what the price is suppose to be but the ignorant customer thinks they should know everything about the store. Suppose like over in the make-up, the shelf is entirely full, all different kinds of shades, a customer wants to know if we have the certain shade, I look to see if we do, see that we don't and tell her. She asks, when will you get it back in. I tell her we don't carry it, there is no more room for it. Also, people come in expecting to get boxes, where in the world are we suppose to put boxes? If you want boxes, call ahead before a truck gets here and we will save them, we have no room for them in the stockroom. A stockroom is just for that STOCK. The general public is so stupid, they should get a clue. Everyone should work in retail stores for a month and see how stupid they are!
We saved boxes quite often for customers and we never complained about it. We had to put them in the site to store area for holding and they had to pick them up at a certain time if not we sent them to the bailer. So not everyone are morons like you think....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Classic Rock 14 min Curious 10
Lisa Hensley is bringing sin into the church 1 hr an opinion 8
homosexual Travis Marshall 2 hr Justin just respo... 9
Trump 3 hr Calhoun 16
does anyone have info about continental academy ? (Feb '10) 3 hr A curious bystander 131
Democrat Dream Come True 3 hr Calhoun 10
shane johnson drug dealing narc 4 hr Shane j 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages