Rogersville Christmas Tour of Homes

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2009
Has anyone been on this tour? Is it worth the money?
My Opinion

Walland, TN

#2 Dec 5, 2009
There are only 6 houses on it, and the local economy is so bad. Donate that money to some poor child or elderly person's Christmas. When the Heritage Association had the open house and the ribbon cutting at the Inn, they didn't ask the public, who is paying for it, so why should the public spend money to look at their houses?
I AM DONE

White Pine, TN

#3 Dec 5, 2009
With anything contributing the RHA as it now stands...and when possible i will include the city bma also,
citizen

Kingsport, TN

#4 Dec 5, 2009
The Tour of Homes is sure to be very good this year. I hear that there will be live music and refreshments at the Hale Springs Inn and music at Hasson St. Church. It is a nice way to celebrate the holiday, visit with friends, and benefit town activities like Heritage Days, street decorations, Heriage Lites scholarships, etc.

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

#5 Dec 5, 2009
I've been to their website and cannot find where they state who/what the benefactors of the receipts of the tour will be.
Any help?

Since: May 09

Rogersville, TN

#6 Dec 5, 2009
I think if they are going to space them farther than walking tour distance, as they did this year, they need to have a tour bus arranged if you are paying that much. You have your own hassle & gas as well as the $20 invested in walking through a few homes...just a thought RHA.
Felix

Lenoir City, TN

#7 Dec 6, 2009
Why do you hate the RHA? Jealous?
Renee

Bellflower, CA

#8 Dec 13, 2009
Why would you not support a group trying to preserve the beauty of our home town?
I KNOW

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Dec 13, 2009
Renee wrote:
Why would you not support a group trying to preserve the beauty of our home town?
Jealousy & Ignorance
Home Body

AOL

#10 Dec 13, 2009
Your houses are pretty but pardon me if I don't take the tour. I'm trying to keep the electricity on. My home is kinda nice too because I paid for everything on it and in it all by myself.
A Nonny Mouse

Kingsport, TN

#11 Dec 13, 2009
Seeing as how I'm a somewhat suspicious sort, I often worry that doing this-having yr house on display- would give an enterprising thief a laundry list of homes & stuff he'd like to hit...As well as their neighbors.
I AM DONE

Knoxville, TN

#12 Dec 13, 2009
I KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealousy & Ignorance
NOPE! Been there done that and got the tee shirt....i have nothing to be jealousy about...as for as ignorance...i am not spending $20 to see an inn the city owns, a church that i can visit free, and few maybe historical houses...or should i say ego deprived, but then again maybe the touring crownd is the one seeking attention....just think it has turned into a joke and waste of money. And the RHA is a joke...just a bunch of wanabee social "lites"...got one them tee shirts before i realized it was a joke.

Flush 'em out, TN

#13 Dec 13, 2009
If someone can tell me where the proceeds of the tour go to (and it's a worthy cause), I'd love to take the tour.
answer

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Dec 13, 2009
moparedtn wrote:
If someone can tell me where the proceeds of the tour go to (and it's a worthy cause), I'd love to take the tour.
The RHA has three fund raisers a year to generate needed funds to continue their mission of preservation and restoration of historic buildings. Salad luncheon in the spring, Heritage Days in the fall, and the tour of homes in December.
CAN YOU

Knoxville, TN

#15 Dec 13, 2009
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
The RHA has three fund raisers a year to generate needed funds to continue their mission of preservation and restoration of historic buildings. Salad luncheon in the spring, Heritage Days in the fall, and the tour of homes in December.
Tell what they have done for preservation and restoration...outside of taxpayer rip off at the inn...and please exclude Crockett springs park since it was a donation and kept up by the city(taxpayers)///the lamp post years ago were paid for by local business and since then by the city(taxpayers)the depot was donated by the railroad as was a rail car you screwed up..what the hell have you done...lets see....have to get approval to cut trees, cannot redo homes with out some stupid approval or the permit police. and other rules that seem only there to be used depending on who is doing what. What has been done with all the money collected by the RHA...SNOB PARTIES?...Bottom line just a big black hole and nothing but debt for the taxpayers.

Flush 'em out, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2009
answer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for replying.
I'm afraid that isn't what I was hoping for, however.
Given these economic times and there being so many folks out there needing help, I'd have liked to see the association take the opportunity to help others in the community instead.
I KNOW

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Dec 13, 2009
CAN YOU wrote:
<quoted text>Tell what they have done for preservation and restoration...outside of taxpayer rip off at the inn...and please exclude Crockett springs park since it was a donation and kept up by the city(taxpayers)///the lamp post years ago were paid for by local business and since then by the city(taxpayers)the depot was donated by the railroad as was a rail car you screwed up..what the hell have you done...lets see....have to get approval to cut trees, cannot redo homes with out some stupid approval or the permit police. and other rules that seem only there to be used depending on who is doing what. What has been done with all the money collected by the RHA...SNOB PARTIES?...Bottom line just a big black hole and nothing but debt for the taxpayers.
This post proves ignorance is abundant. The RHA does not determine who can cut trees or redo their homes. They don't now and never have. Will type this slowly. The Town of Rogersville does through their appointed committees.
I KNOW

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Dec 13, 2009
moparedtn wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for replying.
I'm afraid that isn't what I was hoping for, however.
Given these economic times and there being so many folks out there needing help, I'd have liked to see the association take the opportunity to help others in the community instead.
Read their mission statement on their website. They are making a difference in the community long term.
dipshits

Loudon, TN

#19 Dec 13, 2009
i would like to see the proceeds go to "employees" of the new jail nobody can afford to open up and get these deadbeats off the GD street. that would say "merry christmas" to moi. hahaha

Flush 'em out, TN

#20 Dec 13, 2009
I KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Read their mission statement on their website. They are making a difference in the community long term.
" The Rogersville Heritage Association is dedicated to the preservation and restoration of historic buildings and historic areas in Rogersville, to the ongoing heritage education of Rogersville’s citizens, and to the improvement of the economic structure of Rogersville through cooperative efforts with the City of Rogersville and the Rogersville-Hawkins County Chamber of Commerce."

Uh yeah, about that mission statement....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ungrateful adult children (Mar '12) 1 hr gypsyj67 130
Who wants to make some money? 1 hr Sonny Pruitt 2
Jeannie Linkus 3 hr Ripley 5
best pain clinic (Nov '09) 4 hr joanne 150
rpd 8 hr Eyes 5
Hmmmm..... 8 hr Freddy 40
brianna bean 10 hr worried 1
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web