Rogersville man allegedly rams patrol...

Rogersville man allegedly rams patrol car during chase, faces several felonies

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
criditt

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jun 29, 2012
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9048582/roge...

click to picture.

ROGERSVILLE — A Rogersville man who led police on a high speed chase across the western half of Hawkins County Thursday night was charged with multiple felonies after being stopped in Bean Station with a "pit maneuver."

Rogersville Police Department Officer George Henry said he was on Hasson Street shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of Highway 11-W when he observed a black older model Mercedes pass by westbound at a high rate of speed.

Henry pursued the Mercedes, and said he paced behind the vehicle at 85 to 90 mph. When the Mercedes turned left onto Arrowhead Drive Henry activated his lights and siren in an attempt to stop the vehicle, but it wouldn’t stop. It was later discovered the alleged driver was Joe Perry Reed, 33, 127 Marble Hall Road, Rogersville.

The pursuit circled the Morgan Estates subdivision with Reed turning back into the westbound lane of 11-W from Morgan Drive. Reed had three occupants in the vehicle, who according to their police statements, were unwilling passengers in this pursuit.

At one point during the pursuit one of the passengers downshifted the Mercedes transmission, which caused the vehicle to decelerate and the tires to smoke. Henry pulled ahead of Reed, and as Reed tried to pass him back Reed allegedly rammed the side of Henry’s patrol car.

Eventually the chase crossed into Bean Station where Grainger County officers were waiting to join the pursuit. Grainger County officers stopped Reed near the Bean Station IGA using a "pit maneuver" which involves tapping a chase vehicle’s rear quarter panel to spin it out.

Reed was driving without a license and had allegedly been consuming alcohol. The Tennessee Highway Patrol, which made the arrest, did a blood draw on Reed.

Reed was lodged in the Grainger County Jail on charges there, and will also faces charges from the RPD including three counts of felony reckless endangerment, felony evading arrest and aggravated assault.
my girl

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Jun 29, 2012
Way to go baby i am so proud of my man. when you came by to see me last night and told me what happen i so happy that you was ok.
concerned

United States

#3 Aug 2, 2012
I know who Joe Reed is. He is good for nothin who should have been in jail when this happend. He was out on bond for 3 felony charges. He had violated the terms of his bond over two months prior to the car chase incident. But for some reason he was not picked up for it. He should be put in prison before he finally gets someone[s] hurt seriously or killed.
not another reed

Nashville, TN

#4 Aug 2, 2012
What is it with the Reeds??? All nothing but trouble arrest them all
DONT WORRY

Knoxville, TN

#5 Aug 2, 2012
don't worry hes not able to run the law beat him up broke he's jaw and beat hes face he only had one eye now he's blind in both eyes will never be able to see again has 24 hour nurses care in jail
thats fine hawkins county and graiger county police for you
concerned

United States

#6 Aug 2, 2012
In response to Dont Worry; He does only have one good eye. But the rest of what you said is not true. Dont blame the cops for it. He risked the lives of many people and if they beat him he deserved it and more. He didnt look like he had any injuries when he was brought back to Rogersville to be arraigned on other charges. Only thing the cops done wrong was not having him in jail before the chase happened.
jijjy

Nashville, TN

#7 Aug 3, 2012
People n this town like to spread lies and rumors. Hope he stays locked up
info

Lawndale, NC

#8 Aug 3, 2012
Yes he deserve jail time. But nobody deserve to be beat he did not come to court hes attorney took care of that dont want anyone to see him i yes he only has one eye but they beat him with a stick in hes good eye tell he is blind broke hes jaw has to eat everthing though a straw. He has 24 hour nurse care did you know hes IQ is 32 this is not over he has attorney MR Marecic why did he take this case they have no money because they will be money. Yes hes whole family is not wright but god made them that way they dont know no better very very sad
concerned

United States

#10 Aug 3, 2012
He did appear in court in Rogersville and turned around and LOOKED at family members present. All that about broken jaw and 24 hour nursing is bull s***. He has already been in prison once over assaulting and severely injurin a cop. As for Mr. Marecic he once boasted that he had people walking the street who should be in prison. The family did somehow come up with the attorneys fee.
info

Knoxville, TN

#11 Aug 3, 2012
they have no money they dont even have money for food he does deserve jail time the point is nobody deserve to be beat or BLIND TIME WILL TELL BECAUSE THIS WILL COST HAWKINS COUNTY
normie

Johnson City, TN

#12 Aug 3, 2012
info wrote:
they have no money they dont even have money for food he does deserve jail time the point is nobody deserve to be beat or BLIND TIME WILL TELL BECAUSE THIS WILL COST HAWKINS COUNTY
no it will cost the city and the 2 dumb phk tht chased him and did the abuse .they should be fired if this is true G.HENRY M.COOK not just due to this problem but these officer are out of control! sleeping with married women on duty laying at gas station going out of city limits to chase women at lakeview mrkt (food) being the excuse for hrs. not patrolling sleeping after midnight while being paid. women in cruisers and at police dept why is this going on does the mayor not have the BALL'S to do something this is not gossip it is all true and can be proven by many.so CITY could face many lawsuits if a wreck of a cruiser happen out of city limits with out reason lawsuit. maybe next time a blind eye will be on checking a VOTE for mayor SELL'S LIKE HE DOES ON THESE TWO MEN
info

Knoxville, TN

#13 Aug 3, 2012
it was hawkins county rogersville city grainger county
ben over

Johnson City, TN

#14 Aug 3, 2012
sad tht our city officer have made their own rules to do anything they want. city pays to run a brothel and drug ring inside a patrol car when they show up for shift.Working would be a joke to say.I for one would like to know when next city meeting is? call the mayor out also chief Nelson.
big moon

Johnson City, TN

#15 Aug 3, 2012
info wrote:
it was hawkins county rogersville city grainger county
yes all 3 was there but ROGERSVILLE STARTED THE PURSUIT the abuse to this man who knows rpd likes going out of the city to snatch hunt so this was a dlb your pleasure
yum yum

Johnson City, TN

#16 Aug 4, 2012
I like to have a lick of tht sexy PINKSTON wrks at rpd he just gives me a warm feeling when i see him. he is so big has that smile melts me like candy in hot sun make's my craving for a sweet taste go wild. when he tlk to me at the parade i was in heaven when does he wrk again
concerned

United States

#17 Aug 4, 2012
Again people are telling lies. The RPD only started the pursuit when Mr. Reed was driving his black Mercedes at 80 mph past Quality Inn. If he was so poor how could he be driving a Mercedes? He risked the lives of many people. The cops didnt beat him. When he was finally stopped by the spikes he got out of the car and ran into a fence. That is how he sustained his injuries. Whoever is taking up for him must be a Reed or a Russell.
info

United States

#18 Aug 4, 2012
Yea the fence broke hes jaw and made him blind
paper said older Mercedes hes draws a disability check
wow

Johnson City, TN

#19 Aug 4, 2012
lol tht funny
cookie

Rathdrum, ID

#20 Aug 5, 2012
normie wrote:
<quoted text> no it will cost the city and the 2 dumb phk tht chased him and did the abuse .they should be fired if this is true G.HENRY M.COOK not just due to this problem but these officer are out of control! sleeping with married women on duty laying at gas station going out of city limits to chase women at lakeview mrkt (food) being the excuse for hrs. not patrolling sleeping after midnight while being paid. women in cruisers and at police dept why is this going on does the mayor not have the BALL'S to do something this is not gossip it is all true and can be proven by many.so CITY could face many lawsuits if a wreck of a cruiser happen out of city limits with out reason lawsuit. maybe next time a blind eye will be on checking a VOTE for mayor SELL'S LIKE HE DOES ON THESE TWO MEN
Just because i dont abide by the law and I do as I please in my company car doesnt mean that you citizens shojld be haters. I get snatch in my car and the city pays for all my ga. I get ti work 3 days a week and chase snatch while i am at it. Even if it as at lakeview mkt. I got all the women and the city fooled too. Lolol. And my partner in crime is alreadg sitting in his driveway when he tells dispatch he is off duty. They will never know we are kings
bubba

United States

#21 Aug 5, 2012
Joe perry Reed he as already been in there with bubba when he beat a cop. He is now in there again with bubba thats what he likes. He is hoping to get back with his future boyfriend. He is still in jail worrying about his boy freinds ass. That guy just needs to stay in jain if he cant get no pussy. His litte future boy freind made him mad so joe perry reed decided to go back with bubba.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Herrell is joke for school board seat (Jul '10) 17 min The Nest 71
Myrtle Beach 25 min Mr Big 3
Eric swatzel beat the heck out my cousin 2 hr Nosy Neighbor 14
It pays to be lazy 4 hr Wont Work 40
Thelma at Cooper 5 hr Heyu 1
Transmissions "R" Us (Sep '13) 6 hr John 10
Kelly rector 6 hr Run 24

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance