First Prev
of 2
Next Last
She need help

Church Hill, VA

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Friend has a drug porblem has no insurance no job and really wants to get off pills, she is on roxy's and oxy buys them from a lot of people in Rogersville. Trying to quit. I called a suboxine clinic in Kingsport they want 150.00 for the first vist and all you get is a perscription for 17 pills and she can not afford to buy the pills. You have to go every week and it cost 100.00 each visit after the first one. Does anyone know a better way too get off these drugs. She need your help.
i hear

Church Hill, VA

#2 Jun 26, 2009
I have heard that the people that sells these pills roxy's and oxy's also sells suboxone is this true
JIGGY

United States

#3 Jun 26, 2009
i hear wrote:
I have heard that the people that sells these pills roxy's and oxy's also sells suboxone is this true
Yes they sell suboxenes for 20dollars a pill

“A day at the races”

Since: Sep 08

Not (all) there

#4 Jun 26, 2009
She need help wrote:
Friend has a drug porblem has no insurance no job and really wants to get off pills, she is on roxy's and oxy buys them from a lot of people in Rogersville. Trying to quit. I called a suboxine clinic in Kingsport they want 150.00 for the first vist and all you get is a perscription for 17 pills and she can not afford to buy the pills. You have to go every week and it cost 100.00 each visit after the first one. Does anyone know a better way too get off these drugs. She need your help.
She spends that much on her roxy and oxy. Don't tell me she can't afford to go buy a substitute drug that she will also abuse, or sell to get her drug of choice. Twenty dollars a saboxen will buy two or more oxy wouldn't it.
Tell her to go to NA or AA, or an out-patient program that does not give drugs to druggies if she is serious. Ask her to work on the problem, not feed it.
been there

AOL

#5 Jun 26, 2009
Dr. reeves in JC $450.00 first visit $205.00 each month gives 120 of them each month i tried helping someone who said they wanted to Quit took them there paid for everything and they were selling them and buying the drugs they wanted so be sure they are wanting to quit before you waste your time and money

“Ow3n”

Since: Oct 07

American Computer Techs

#6 Jun 26, 2009
I'm a firm believer in finding the answers within yourself, when it comes to giving up self destructive habits.
You do not find will power by substituting one vice for another or by paying somebody else to talk pretty and feed you a line of BS.
Wake up, stand up for something just once in your life and conquer that which is destroying you and everybody who cares for you.
If you can't do it for the people who matter the most to you, then your never going to be anything but a waste of good air anyway and will return to either the old bad habits or discover new ones.
JIGGY

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2009
You know I know people who were on it to get off other drugs and they ended up abusing it as so what is the point they should do NA or AA why get you hooked on somthing else your going to abuse or be physically or mentally dependant on?
Religulous

AOL

#8 Jun 26, 2009
Most everyone has some type of crutch to get them through life. It varies greatly depending on the person, their experiences and personality/traits.For some it's coffee, others pills and still others, religion.

IMO, if you need a crutch , try and use the one that's the least destructive. Whatever you do, if you need help and don't like what you are doing, seek it. A call to the local community resource center or mental health center may provide some information regarding assistance/counseling,etc.
Ex user tells

Maryville, TN

#9 Jun 27, 2009
From what I have seen and hear, people that go and get "saboxen" there will be 9 out of 10 abuse this drug also because they will abuse any drug they get that gives them a high.
I am all for a Medication that will help users/abusers get off dangerous drugs, but I don't think it's the one I would suggest for a Drug Addict that REALLY wants OFF drugs, because it's a easy abused drug also.
I tried it and it just replaced one Dangerous Drug for another Dangerous Drug.
I had to do it by sure will power and family and REAL friends with positive support and staying away from anyone that still use drugs. If not, it's just not going to work.
I wish luck to all that REALLY wants to change their life and live Drug Free.
Seek new friends or the ones you know that don't use and stay busy doing something postive or you will have a much harder time achieve your goal.
i know

Kingsport, TN

#10 Jun 27, 2009
suboxone is just another pill that doctors themselves will get you hooked to. they also have a form of psychosis in them so if u snort them instead of puttin them under ur tongue, it can sooner or later make u crazy. its a proven fact. it has totally flipped ppls brains and made them kill themselves. ive looked it up. but yeah if thats what she wants to do is go to a suboxone clinic then she should be able to afford it if she can buy drugs all the time. believe me, i have been there done that.
Possum

United States

#11 Jun 27, 2009
Ow3n wrote:
I'm a firm believer in finding the answers within yourself, when it comes to giving up self destructive habits.
You do not find will power by substituting one vice for another or by paying somebody else to talk pretty and feed you a line of BS.
Wake up, stand up for something just once in your life and conquer that which is destroying you and everybody who cares for you.
If you can't do it for the people who matter the most to you, then your never going to be anything but a waste of good air anyway and will return to either the old bad habits or discover new ones.
Right, as always.Tell Todd I've not forgotten him,I'm still gonna come see him.
i hear

Church Hill, VA

#12 Jun 27, 2009
thanks exuser for your advice i dont know anything about drug abuse and how to try and help someone that is using drugs all i know she needs help and new friends..... it is so hard to watch her suffer....
no high

Kingsport, TN

#13 Jun 27, 2009
Suboxone will not make you high. All of the clinics I have checked out in Morristown, Greenville, and Kingsport are very pricy. They all take only cash for the office visits. They vary from $150 to $300 or more. The pills cost about $5 each give or take a buck or two, depending on what pharmacy you use. Some keep the patient on the pills indefinitely. I know of one person who has been on them over a year. The theory is to get the patient to a certain place then start to wean them off of it. I know of one person that actually got to the place of being weaned off it, but that person didn't just depend on the pills, that person turned their life over to God and became very active in church and changed their habits and their friends. Suboxone is a good way to get through the with drawals of the opiates, but there needs to be alot more counseling and changing of friends and habits to get on with their life. In answer to the person that said if one could afford the pain pills they could afford the suboxone clinics; most of the illegal drugs are purchased by illeagal means. If a person wants to stop using illeagal drugs, but have to continue committing crimes to afford the clinic, what good is that?
Possum

United States

#14 Jun 28, 2009
no high wrote:
Suboxone will not make you high. All of the clinics I have checked out in Morristown, Greenville, and Kingsport are very pricy. They all take only cash for the office visits. They vary from $150 to $300 or more. The pills cost about $5 each give or take a buck or two, depending on what pharmacy you use. Some keep the patient on the pills indefinitely. I know of one person who has been on them over a year. The theory is to get the patient to a certain place then start to wean them off of it. I know of one person that actually got to the place of being weaned off it, but that person didn't just depend on the pills, that person turned their life over to God and became very active in church and changed their habits and their friends. Suboxone is a good way to get through the with drawals of the opiates, but there needs to be alot more counseling and changing of friends and habits to get on with their life. In answer to the person that said if one could afford the pain pills they could afford the suboxone clinics; most of the illegal drugs are purchased by illeagal means. If a person wants to stop using illeagal drugs, but have to continue committing crimes to afford the clinic, what good is that?
If Suboxone won't make you high,why do you have to be weaned off it after you've been on it for a year? And why are the Suboxone patients selling their pills? Ain't nobody gonna buy a pill that won't get them high!

Since: May 09

Rogersville

#15 Jun 28, 2009
Actually Suboxone will make you high. It is a C-111 narcotic. Some doctor's prescribe it for pain even though they are not supposed to. It is highly addictive too. The only reason it is used to wean people off opium addictions is because it is legal. Then they get hooked on it.
i know

Kingsport, TN

#16 Jun 28, 2009
no high wrote:
im sorry but YES suboxone will make you high. i used to do drugs and i got into a suboxone clinic and i used them as directed...under the tongue...and i still got high off of them. so i just quit those too after that script was gone and havent done drugs since then but im not tryin to be rude or anything but i do kno that you can still get a "buzz" off suboxone.
i know

Kingsport, TN

#17 Jun 28, 2009
Possum wrote:
<quoted text>If Suboxone won't make you high,why do you have to be weaned off it after you've been on it for a year? And why are the Suboxone patients selling their pills? Ain't nobody gonna buy a pill that won't get them high!
thats exactly right. i kno of all kinds of ppl that buy suboxone just to get the high off it. alot of ppl think suboxone is a better high than pain pills.
Confused

Lexington, KY

#18 Jun 28, 2009
Does Suboxone help with Pain?? Someone said that Methadone was givin for Pain..
scary

Kingsport, TN

#19 Jun 29, 2009
i know wrote:
<quoted text>im sorry but YES suboxone will make you high. i used to do drugs and i got into a suboxone clinic and i used them as directed...under the tongue...and i still got high off of them. so i just quit those too after that script was gone and havent done drugs since then but im not tryin to be rude or anything but i do kno that you can still get a "buzz" off suboxone.
I know people that go to the clinic to get that stuff and then sell it. No anyone that does that?
i know

Kingsport, TN

#20 Jun 30, 2009
scary wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people that go to the clinic to get that stuff and then sell it. No anyone that does that?
yeah i do kno ppl that do that. kinda stupid if ya ask me. lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Brother 16 3 hr DonnaT 121
Reno St 3 hr oolala 6
who's narcing in rogersville? 4 hr jman 13
Tearing down the old exon? 5 hr its a fact 29
fincher 5 hr guest 2
ashley davis 5 hr curious 1
local "EMS" being threatened? Outsiders making ... 7 hr Hello Fuzzy 27
Cherokee Football 9 hr Justice 24
•••
•••