More than 30 arrested in Hawkins drug...

More than 30 arrested in Hawkins drug sweep

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“You know they all....pretend”

Since: Nov 08

Flush 'em out, TN

#1 May 23, 2009
ROGERSVILLE — Regular visitors to the Rogersville “Topix” Internet community message board will occasionally see postings asking if a certain person is working as a drug informant for the police.
Based on the number of arrests made over the past two weeks by the Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office, the answer to many of those inquiries is probably yes.
Since May 12, the HCSO Narcotics Unit has arrested 33 drug suspects, mostly on Hawkins County grand jury sealed indictment warrants that were handed down on April 27. Some of the cases date as far back as a year.
This was the first time in recent memory that the HCSO has orchestrated a massive drug sweep like this.
Sheriff Roger Christian said although he’s had reservations about leaving suspects on the street while these investigations were ongoing, the end has justified the means.
For the most part, these investigations started with a single arrest in which the suspect turned informant. Over the course of weeks and months, those suspects made drug purchases as confidential informants for the HCSO Narcotics Unit, and detectives began to stockpile evidence against more and more drug traffickers.
“It seemed like one thing would lead to someone else, and instead of making arrests as the incidents occurred, we were leaving our informants out and just following the trail of drugs and dealers as far as they would take us,” Christian said.“We’re just trying to connect the dots, so to speak, and see how many dots we could net up. It was starting to slow down a little bit, and the leads were taking us to the same people over and over again. I decided it was time to take it all to the grand jury.
“I think that we have gotten some (dealers) that really have hurt the people who are wanting these drugs. We’ve made an impact, and obviously we’re not finished. There’s plenty more to go.”
For one case in particular, the investigation was prompted by a March 23 incident at Volunteer High School in which one student was hospitalized, reportedly extremely high on drugs, and two other students were arrested suspected of dealing Klonopin tablets on campus.
As a result of the subsequent investigation, the HCSO has arrested Ricky L. Smith, 20, 152 Hoard Lane, Lot 9, Church Hill, on charges including delivery of Klonopin, criminal responsibility for another, and violation of the Tennessee Drug Free School Zone Act. Smith is accused of being the supplier for the alleged dealers who were arrested on campus.
Also arrested in that case were were two juveniles charged with felony drug trafficking charges, and Katie E. Clendenin, 18, 223 Landcastle Road, Church Hill, who is charged with criminal responsibility for the facilitation of a felony related to the VHS drug trafficking incident.
With so many arrests over such a short period of time, Christian noted that the Hawkins County Jail has been jam packed over the past couple of weeks. He said it’s “a pretty sight” to see so many accused drug dealers in jail.

Continued in next post....
Fred Templeton

Ringgold, GA

#3 May 23, 2009
Well here is the link for the full article

http://timesnews.net/article.php...

Interesting to see this Topix board has achieved such notoriety.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#4 May 23, 2009
Well they missed the asshat that lives at the end of my road plenty of traffic going in and out that should not be. Annoying as hell.
same here

Sevierville, TN

#5 May 23, 2009
wildkarma wrote:
Well they missed the asshat that lives at the end of my road plenty of traffic going in and out that should not be. Annoying as hell.
I have two that I know of on mine. I think they're like roaches - for every one that you see, they're hundreds you don't see. Hope they don't stop until they are all caught.
Fred Templeton

Ringgold, GA

#6 May 23, 2009
Yes, they missed the two on my street as well. One deals right from his house and has drive-thru drug traffic all day long with obvious exchanges right out in the open. The other is a distributor and part of a crime gang.

The article says there are lots more arrests coming. Hopefully they will clean up my street, and Karma's too.

I can't believe how many dealers and manufacturers we have in this county. You're right that there is at least one on every street, and they are like roaches, scattering and disappearing when one gets stomped. As the article points out, on this very Topix board many dealers are trading information trying to find out who is an informant.
Waste of oxygen

Lawrenceburg, TN

#7 May 23, 2009
• Gary W. Lawson, 39, 1004 Redbud Lane, Rogersville, two counts of casual exchange of marijuana.

• Stephanie D. Lawson, 37, 1004 Redbud Lane, Rogersville, two counts of casual exchange of marijuana.

Weren't these two idiots just in here over the last month or so defending themselves and talking smack about others?
nowaynotme

Kingsport, TN

#8 May 23, 2009
i have one that lives across the street from me. and he gets away with everything......
Fred Templeton

Ringgold, GA

#9 May 23, 2009
I have seen their names here, not sure if it's really them or not. What is this charge anyway? is that just sharing a toke with your friend, not dealing?
wats up

Martin, TN

#10 May 23, 2009
i can't to until they all see the paper wok and find out who this so called "one" is that that gave it up,. They probably had more on their plate than they could eat. I know their are lots of angry people right now, not just the ones caught obviously, but the ones we could only wish would have been.
wats up

Martin, TN

#11 May 23, 2009
sorry typo..can't "wait" until they see..got ahead of my self there.
wats up

Martin, TN

#12 May 23, 2009
Waste of oxygen wrote:
• Gary W. Lawson, 39, 1004 Redbud Lane, Rogersville, two counts of casual exchange of marijuana.
• Stephanie D. Lawson, 37, 1004 Redbud Lane, Rogersville, two counts of casual exchange of marijuana.
Weren't these two idiots just in here over the last month or so defending themselves and talking smack about others?
Yes, that's them!!!!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#13 May 23, 2009
hell i may donate some money to hawkins county sheriff's office if they can keep up the good work. atleast a good pizza party for the guys and gals putting all the drug dealers away.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#14 May 23, 2009
uneducated wrote:
hell i may donate some money to hawkins county sheriff's office if they can keep up the good work. atleast a good pizza party for the guys and gals putting all the drug dealers away.
Well, it probably would be appreciated. Major funding cutbacks were made in the HCSD drug program and the drug dealers just thought they knew that. Good job, men. Budget cuts still didn't keep our officers off their tails and I hope they keep coming at them until the whole plague is stomped out. I think we've already heard ALOT of the names on here as far as who informants are. Some may be right, some wrong. Time will tell.
Hmmm

Knoxville, TN

#15 May 23, 2009
They still missed some of the bigger dealers... Hopefully time will get them.
Pat

Sweetwater, TN

#16 May 23, 2009
wats up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's them!!!!
All they got busted for was casual exchange of pot though. A small fine and suspended sentence is all they will get.
Melvin

Sweetwater, TN

#17 May 23, 2009
Fred Templeton wrote:
Well here is the link for the full article
http://timesnews.net/article.php...
Interesting to see this Topix board has achieved such notoriety.
I think that now the Rogersville TOPIX forum was mentioned you can probably expect the "Is so and so an informant" posts to skyrocket here.
Thats Them

Lexington, KY

#18 May 24, 2009
Waste of oxygen wrote:
Here is a Thread, on Topix, That has been on here for more than 16 MONTHS. It has 187 Post & I would say that 150 of them are from Stephaine calling herself by her real name. Until she catches Hell from Everyone on here and the Acts like it was someone acting like her. Only when she had Cused, Screamed, Played Not Guilty. Someone Stoled My Idenity. I did come on here with My Real Name. It Everyone Else's Fault.Then went under Mulitiple Names. Blames Two or Three Different People for Everything she had been Caught for. How she has Turned Her Life over to The Lord. Come on, Enough IS A ENOUGH... THESE PEOPLE HAVE LOST IT... JUST GO READ THE OTHER THREAD AND SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW SHE BLAMES EVERYONE ELSE. That 187 Posts doesn't even Include the ones where she Named People and they had them Deleted and Got Lawyers, with Investgations Still On Going.

GOOD JOB!!! TO ALL OF THE MEN & WOMEN WHO PUT THEIR LIFE OUT THERE, WITH THESE CRAZY PEOPLE, TO TAKE THEM OFF THE STREETS. SO OUR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN ETC. ETC. WILL GROW UP SAFE AND ALIVE!!!!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rogersville-t...
The Lawsons

Kingsport, TN

#19 May 24, 2009
wats up wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's them!!!!
Whats this suppose to do? Big deal a misdameaoner, leave me and my family alone, were not the first in this town and sure aint the last
its just a little pot, big deal, go after the murders and METH heads and PILL heads and leave us alone!
The Lawsons

Kingsport, TN

#20 May 24, 2009
Thats Them wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a Thread, on Topix, That has been on here for more than 16 MONTHS. It has 187 Post & I would say that 150 of them are from Stephaine calling herself by her real name. Until she catches Hell from Everyone on here and the Acts like it was someone acting like her. Only when she had Cused, Screamed, Played Not Guilty. Someone Stoled My Idenity. I did come on here with My Real Name. It Everyone Else's Fault.Then went under Mulitiple Names. Blames Two or Three Different People for Everything she had been Caught for. How she has Turned Her Life over to The Lord. Come on, Enough IS A ENOUGH... THESE PEOPLE HAVE LOST IT... JUST GO READ THE OTHER THREAD AND SEE FOR YOURSELF HOW SHE BLAMES EVERYONE ELSE. That 187 Posts doesn't even Include the ones where she Named People and they had them Deleted and Got Lawyers, with Investgations Still On Going.
GOOD JOB!!! TO ALL OF THE MEN & WOMEN WHO PUT THEIR LIFE OUT THERE, WITH THESE CRAZY PEOPLE, TO TAKE THEM OFF THE STREETS. SO OUR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN ETC. ETC. WILL GROW UP SAFE AND ALIVE!!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rogersville-t...
Just alittle information for ya, I wont be on the streets cause Ill be right here at home, you act like Were major drug dealers, do you even know what casuaual exchange is? Well, its nothing im worried about cause its a misdameanor and its nothing that me or my wife will be doing any jail time over, you dont even know the story or what is even going on and your running your mouth.
sad thing about it is all of you that are on here bashing me and Steph , have probley been to our house asking for drugs. This whole town knows me and so do Hawkins Co. police, Im me and aint changing to please noone but myself, keep out of my buisness.
The Lawsons

Kingsport, TN

#21 May 24, 2009
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
All they got busted for was casual exchange of pot though. A small fine and suspended sentence is all they will get.
Thank you, someone knows what theyre talking about on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any good animal rescues around rogersville 1 hr Helpers 2
does anyone know the whereabouts of michelle ri... (Feb '12) 2 hr Whatever 6
Septic tank service 4 hr bob 7
Russia investigation 4 hr Kingfish 36
When Democrats Rule 4 hr Kingfish 17
if the privatize tva 5 hr Kingfish 19
School board 5 hr Kingfish 10
One Time Expenditure 6 hr SuzyQ 21
County Employees Running for Office 8 hr Employees 15

Rogersville Jobs