FBI ranks Tennessee as most dangerous state in U.S.

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

Bulldog

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Oct 7, 2013
You might think that going to California, Texas or New York exposes you to a lot of crime. But in fact it was Tennessee that had the nationís highest violent crime rate last year.

The FBIís latest statewide statistics offer a snapshot of the underside of the 50 states: where violent crime is most likely to occur. According to the FBI, violent crime includes murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the states with the highest rates of violent crime in the country.

While violent crime rose just under 1 percent nationally in 2012, the trend for the past 20 years has been steady decline. Crime peaked in the late 1980s, fueled by the crack cocaine epidemic. Beginning in the early 1990s, crime began to decline. Although the exact cause remains unclear, experts have pointed to factors such as better policing, demographic changes, higher incarceration rates, a drop in cocaine use and the introduction of a variety of social programs.

Read the full report on The Tennessean website.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9068308/fbi-...
The truth

Thomasville, NC

#2 Oct 11, 2013
Bulldog wrote:
You might think that going to California, Texas or New York exposes you to a lot of crime. But in fact it was Tennessee that had the nationís highest violent crime rate last year.
The FBIís latest statewide statistics offer a snapshot of the underside of the 50 states: where violent crime is most likely to occur. According to the FBI, violent crime includes murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the states with the highest rates of violent crime in the country.
While violent crime rose just under 1 percent nationally in 2012, the trend for the past 20 years has been steady decline. Crime peaked in the late 1980s, fueled by the crack cocaine epidemic. Beginning in the early 1990s, crime began to decline. Although the exact cause remains unclear, experts have pointed to factors such as better policing, demographic changes, higher incarceration rates, a drop in cocaine use and the introduction of a variety of social programs.
Read the full report on The Tennessean website.
http://www.timesnews.net/article/9068308/fbi-...
O my i am so scared maybe we should elect a new president. or just run
Uncle Bubba

Maryville, TN

#3 Oct 12, 2013
Like we should trust what the "federal guvment" says? These are the people who are taxing us all to death in order to reward all the negroes up north w2ho don't work for aliving, the negroes who are the ones who put King Darkie Commie Muslim in office.

Declare civil war against this guvment and bring down USA, take the country back. This is our country, not theirs.

Get your guns. If the guvment thinks we are dangerous here in tennessee, then we need to prove it.

That's why the guvment has all these IRS agents and postal service employees gathering up all the 22 ammo, that's why the guvment is spying on teaparty meetings. Because they are afraid of us.

Well let's prove it. Take over America. Don't tread on me. Put President Darkie on a boat back to Kenya.
Uncle Bubba

Maryville, TN

#4 Oct 12, 2013
Why don't you go smoke smore pot you liberal scumbag.
Fact

Bristol, TN

#5 Oct 12, 2013
Don't blame it on The President and The Democrats. They are not in charge of Tennessee. Tennessee has A GOP Governor, Senate, House. Two U S Senators, Most of The U S Congresspersons.
And you want to blame it on The President and Democrats????
Looks like The Democrats will have another Republican mess to clean up in Tennessee like Obama and the Demograts had in Washington.
L4760ike

Bristol, TN

#6 Oct 12, 2013
AMEN, AMEN, AMEN
Uncle Bubba

Maryville, TN

#7 Oct 12, 2013
Fact wrote:
Don't blame it on The President and The Democrats. They are not in charge of Tennessee. Tennessee has A GOP Governor, Senate, House. Two U S Senators, Most of The U S Congresspersons.
And you want to blame it on The President and Democrats????
Looks like The Democrats will have another Republican mess to clean up in Tennessee like Obama and the Demograts had in Washington.
Everytime democrats have a recall election, democrats end up getting thrown out of office on their rear ends and Conservatives always take their place. Just look at Colorado or Wisconsin. How many times have democrats forced a recall election that backfired on them? I have lost track!

Liberals are out of touch with people who work for a living. Most of the people in this country do not want what the Liberals are trying to sell. In fact, look at any of the poll numbers and you will see that Americans loath Liberals, Obamacare, Obama.

The United States would be better off if every state in America was run like Tennessee, because the voters in Tennessee know what is going on.

Liberals are the enemy. They take your money and give it to the blacks. Liberals keep people dependent on the government teat, they give blacks gifts and rack up huge debts. Just look at Obama's 17 trillion. And he ain't done yet.
Fact

Bristol, TN

#8 Oct 13, 2013
Uncle Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Everytime democrats have a recall election, democrats end up getting thrown out of office on their rear ends and Conservatives always take their place. Just look at Colorado or Wisconsin. How many times have democrats forced a recall election that backfired on them? I have lost track!
Liberals are out of touch with people who work for a living. Most of the people in this country do not want what the Liberals are trying to sell. In fact, look at any of the poll numbers and you will see that Americans loath Liberals, Obamacare, Obama.
The United States would be better off if every state in America was run like Tennessee, because the voters in Tennessee know what is going on.

Liberals are the enemy. They take your money and give it to the blacks. Liberals keep people dependent on the government teat, they give blacks gifts and rack up huge debts. Just look at Obama's 17 trillion. And he ain't done yet.
17 trillion debt is not Obama's. Bush was the one who took a surplus and racked up trillions of dollar debt and almost lost the country. Bush was spending trillions of dollars that he did not have when Obama took over. Republicans have done everything they can do to keep Obama from pulling the recession out. The American people are the one's that are suffering because of The Republican action.
The truth

Oak Ridge, NC

#9 Oct 14, 2013
Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
17 trillion debt is not Obama's. Bush was the one who took a surplus and racked up trillions of dollar debt and almost lost the country. Bush was spending trillions of dollars that he did not have when Obama took over. Republicans have done everything they can do to keep Obama from pulling the recession out. The American people are the one's that are suffering because of The Republican action.
obama is the worst president black or white USA has ever had....
MAYBE

Bristol, TN

#10 Oct 15, 2013
They need some More GUNS in TENNESSEE.
Hang them up

Ellenboro, NC

#11 Oct 15, 2013
Scary place we live
tater salad

Jonesville, SC

#12 Oct 15, 2013
Its 99.9% Memphis Tn
Looked it up

Oak Ridge, TN

#13 Nov 4, 2013
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>O my i am so scared maybe we should elect a new president. or just run
Good grief the crime is in Nashville,Memphis Chatanooga.....NOT EAST TN!!!
Oh by the way did you know at one time East Tn tried to become the State of Franklin..and leave Tn altogether? Washington wouldn't go for it however..
common sence

Kingsport, TN

#14 Nov 4, 2013
to bubba..its better to remiam silent and be thought ignorant than to speak and remove all doubt . ALL polls show that republicans are scrapeing the bottom of the barrel in the popularity contest and republicans dont understand what majority means . thier only interested in what special interest groups ,that flood thier campian with money, want . republicans bitch about what a bad idea health care is but not one will talk about the outragous bills medical professionals charge from heart surgons all the way down to E.M.S.. those poeple are the real reason medicade , medicare , is broke and no-one can afford insurance .
common sence

Kingsport, TN

#15 Nov 4, 2013
i got excited , sorry about the spelling
Also

Kingsport, TN

#16 Nov 4, 2013
East TN is said to be the worst State for bestiality, and pedophiles...so sad!
not to mention thieves

Morristown, TN

#17 Nov 4, 2013
who pretend to be attorneys in East Tennessee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teachers. Please stop complaining on Facebook w... 2 hr ST1DELTA 12
kristy barnes (Jun '14) 3 hr I know the truth 8
Confederate Flag fliers should follow Lee's exa... 4 hr okimar 11
david evans 9 hr obviously 11
Anybody know why Amis Mill Eatery is still clos... 10 hr Lamp Shade 4
Jeep's 10 hr Lamp Shade 13
Dumping Leftover Concrete (Sep '10) 10 hr Stinky 59
Debbie Arnold Carmack Hall 12 hr Mike 11
Wreck on 11 w 16 hr Sad News 3
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:11AM
Which Panthers Free Agents Will Return in 2015?
NBC Sports 6:32 AM
Panthers G.M. on Cam Newton: "We want him here. I want him here"
NBC Sports 3:31 PM
Report: Sal Sunseri to leave Florida State for position with Oakland Raiders
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl