that sucks huh?
399 a gallon

Dandridge, TN

#2 Sep 12, 2008
sure does.
rog vegas woman

Ringgold, GA

#3 Sep 12, 2008
Not meaning to be a nasty mouth here, But we are getting SCREWED and getting no pleasure out of it!!
Sick of IT

Rogersville, TN

#4 Sep 12, 2008
This is crazy. It's crazy how quickly people get into a panic. We are Americans, we are supposed to be resiliant. This is what the oil companies want, they want us to panic and fill up our tanks so they can pocket the money. Look at us, they have complete control over our lives. They know we can't get to work without gas, they know we need it, and it makes me so mad that they treat us this way. Makes me want to buy a horse and buggy and forget the gas. Here's what will happen: Gas will go up to $5 a gallon, and after the hurricane it will come down only probably to $4 a gallon, and we will be relieved. Same thing happened when it went up to $3, and it never did go back below that, and we thought we were getting a deal. I wish someone would get on the ball and start working on more hybrids and electric cars, then maybe so many people in the automotive business wouldn't be losing their jobs right now.
crap

Dandridge, TN

#5 Sep 12, 2008
well, i'm already on food stamps. I was going to apply for gas stamps but I guess that's out of the question now.
just lookin around

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Sep 12, 2008
If you do apply you will run out of gas waiting in line to buy gas. I've been 4 times today and I've given up. The lines are outrageous. People are lined up out in the streets and all the way to Walmart's building.
Just like "it's going to snow tonight." Everyone runs to the grocery store and cleans off the shelves. Surely, every one is Hawkins County has bought gas by now (except me). Most of the stations are running out. Folks, this is insane. don't panic and play into their hands.
Here is a toll free number to call if you feel stations are price gouging: 1-800-342-8385-TN Div. of Consumer Affairs.
lucy32

Johnson City, TN

#7 Sep 12, 2008
yea u would definitely run out waitin to get gas. that is so true. this is bullshit. looks like everyone is gonna be walkin where ever they go now
usmc vet

Kingsport, TN

#8 Sep 12, 2008
the refinerys had to to shut down be cause of ike just give them some time to get the tanker trucks time to reload and deliver
TN Steelers

Dandridge, TN

#9 Sep 12, 2008
The only difference between gas and moonshine is "sugar" I say we bring back shine steels. It can be made to where it won't produce it's own sugar. To hell with the law. I'd rather pay fines than a gas bill. Just my 2 cents.
slick

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 12, 2008
i agree. lets do it.
f*ck the po-lice

“John117”

Since: Sep 08

Jackson

#11 Sep 12, 2008
$5.09 a gallon here in Jackson. I gotta admit, after the hurricane last week and gas not going up, I was caught a little off guard when I saw the gas catastrophe this morning. I just don't see how what the gas companies are doing is not illegal.
love45

Johnson City, TN

#12 Sep 12, 2008
i really hope this dont last long. what are we gonna do about jobs? how can people get back and forth to work without gas??!!

Since: Sep 08

rogersville

#13 Sep 12, 2008
whats a bunch of bullcrap is all the ppl setting in line,playing right into their hands
George Bush

Dandridge, TN

#14 Sep 12, 2008
I'm glad to see everybody here is enjoying themselves. Don't think I haven't noticed all the drinking that's been going on. In my State of the Union address, I said we needed to increase the use of ethanol.

Well, where should I start? A year ago, my approval rating was in the 30s, my nominee for the Supreme Court had just withdrawn, and my Vice President had shot someone. Ahhh, those were the good old days. Sorry the Vice President couldn't be here. He's had a rough few weeks. To be honest, his feelings are kind of hurt. He said he was going on vacation to Afghanistan, where people like him.

It's been a great honor running this great country into the ground for the last eight years.

May God bless you, and thank you very much.
smile

Johnson City, TN

#15 Sep 12, 2008
woo hoo go george bush!! we effin love you!
why

Crossville, TN

#16 Sep 12, 2008
slick wrote:
i agree. lets do it.
f*ck the po-lice
Typical Rogersville respomse to something. That has nothing to do with anything. Thank you and drive through.
smile

Johnson City, TN

#17 Sep 12, 2008
shut up and go somewhere else. u cant even spell response.
Bulldog

Little Valley, NY

#18 Sep 12, 2008
Did you know that 45 years ago a man invented a carburetor that would get 50 MPG. The Oil companies bought him out. If he had been allowed to market his carburetor it would have done to the oil companies what Hemp would have done to the wood pulp to paper industry. I believe it was Johnny Cash who wrote a song about America that said our enemies don't need to attack us, just leave us alone and we will bring ourselves down. I think we are doing a pretty good job at it.
GAS WATCH

United States

#19 Sep 12, 2008
Just filled out the form from the following link

http://gaswatch.energy.gov/

Everyone who reads this should fill out this online report.
GAS WATCH

United States

#20 Sep 12, 2008
Here is a toll free number to call if you feel stations are price gouging: 1-800-342-8385-TN Div. of Consumer Affairs.

Call this number.

They are taking reports from all across the state. They are very interested in speaking with anyone who has recently experienced these unreasonable price hikes.

Make the call and make a difference!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
my sister is screwing a pair of brothers I'm so... 30 min Eric 10
History of Rogersville City Government 42 min WarriorClassof67 20
House. Tips, Pig n Chick 1 hr JEAN LAWSON 18
Hawkins County EMS 5 hr smh 6
Donna Byington 7 hr Von Dooskie 7
Danielle Bailey and Roxanna Booth 9 hr Hahahaha 1
Pam Heck arrested??? 10 hr Concerned 5

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance