Judge Jay Taylor Charged?

Judge Jay Taylor Charged?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need Info on Judge Taylor

Knoxville, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2011
What?
T-Turner

Chattanooga, TN

#2 Mar 29, 2011
go to the Knoxville News Sential to read the story.
CNN Live

Manchester, TN

#3 Mar 29, 2011
T-Turner wrote:
go to the Knoxville News Sential to read the story.
It will be in all the local papers because I intend to make sure it is. Hawkins Countians need to wake up....if he breached or disregarded his fiduciary responsibilities, what else has he done to the citizens, clients, employees and ex-employees of Hawkins County?
really

Blacksburg, SC

#4 Mar 29, 2011
Over the ten commandments?
Hmmm

Manchester, TN

#5 Mar 29, 2011
Hawkins County, please see the other threads concerning Judge James Taylor. Decide for yourself what his morals are.

From my family's experience, he lies - not to mention being an incompetent and lazy attorney. He should be run out of office as Juvenile Court Judge and disbarred in my opinion.

Watch the local news for further developments concerning this individual.

Of course, he will have his 'story' with his 'spin' on it.

For all of us who have been treated unprofessionally and unethically, let's watch this play out. This is divine intervention!
contempt of court charge

Manchester, TN

#6 Mar 29, 2011
What were the four charges? What is the contempt of court charge related to? WBIR's website claims there are four charges but didn't elaborate enough.

So he allegedly screwed an employee, then fired her for some reason, stole $10,000, terminated her without reason, and has been charged for some reason for contempt of court, during which time he was soliciting money and acting in fiduciary capacity to this fund while being a paid Judge by the County....what is next and why are no criminal investigations being launched for larceny by trust over the theft issues yet?

Aren't there enough complaints for the DA to launch a criminal investigation at this point? Does he have to steal the Juvenile Courthouse for someone to start an investigation?
live wire

Manchester, TN

#7 Mar 30, 2011
This is not just about a ten commandments plaque. People of Hawkins County need to educate themselves about why this matters and what improprieties he has been investigated for. He consistently makes erroneous judgments yet he is functioning in the capacity of Juvenile Court Judge. REMOVE HIM IMMEDIATELY FOR THE SAKE OF THE YOUTH OF HAWKINS COUNTY.
hmmm

Manchester, TN

#8 Mar 30, 2011
Why haven't 'In the Know' or 'Hold Up' been on here touting what a fine and honorable judge with have in Jay Taylor recently? Did they know these charges were coming down the pike. This isn't all that is being investigated folks. Stay tuned.
Wowwwwww

Manchester, TN

#9 Mar 30, 2011
What's this about? Are these new charges or related to the lawsuit against Hawkins County?
what about the children

Manchester, TN

#10 Mar 30, 2011
CNN Live wrote:
<quoted text>It will be in all the local papers because I intend to make sure it is. Hawkins Countians need to wake up....if he breached or disregarded his fiduciary responsibilities, what else has he done to the citizens, clients, employees and ex-employees of Hawkins County?
NOT TO MENTION THE YOUTH AND THE PARENTS OF THE YOUTH OF HAWKINS COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!
The truth

Knoxville, TN

#11 Mar 30, 2011
No, they aren't related to the suit. One complaint comes from his politically motivated (my opinion) 10 Commandments campaign, judges can't do that. As a lawyer, not a judge, he was cited for contempt for dealing with a client's case. He also failed to respond to investigators. While it isn't as serious as it first sounds...it will make good gossip and keep him in the news for a while longer.
mason

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2011
I read the news report and the charges states he took money for a heritage display including the Ten Commandments and practicing part time as an attorney. Nothing about sex charges. I don't think he should be in trouble for the Ten Commandments, but being an active attorney while be an active judge would to me be a conflict of interest. If he is doing things that are really unethical by all means get rid of him. Sounds like the sex part is made up by someone on this site. Which is nothing but gossip. Topix is not a factual news site.
questions

Manchester, TN

#13 Mar 30, 2011
The truth wrote:
No, they aren't related to the suit. One complaint comes from his politically motivated (my opinion) 10 Commandments campaign, judges can't do that. As a lawyer, not a judge, he was cited for contempt for dealing with a client's case. He also failed to respond to investigators. While it isn't as serious as it first sounds...it will make good gossip and keep him in the news for a while longer.
So this Judge is above his sworn oath, therefore above the law? Since when do elected judges not have to respond to judiciary requests for information and investigations? Contempt of court, judiciary charges for other matters, sexual harassment complaints, theft allegations, wrongful dismissal lawsuit, certain other matters currently under investigation, not to mention reprimands by the Board of Professional Responsibility. This is too much appearance of impropriety for one judge within a short period of time!

Judiciary Code for Tennessee states in part to-wit: "CANON 2 — A Judge Shall Avoid Impropriety and the Appearance of Impropriety in All of the Judge's Activities

A. A judge shall respect and comply with the law* and shall act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence in the integrity and impartiality of the judiciary.

Commentary.—Public confidence in the judiciary is eroded by irresponsible or improper conduct by judges. A judge must avoid all impropriety and appearance of impropriety. A judge must expect to be the subject of constant public scrutiny. A judge must therefore accept restrictions on the judge's conduct that might be viewed as burdensome by the ordinary citizen and should do so freely and willingly.

The prohibition against behaving with impropriety or the appearance of impropriety applies to both the professional and personal conduct of a judge. Because it is not practicable to list all prohibited acts, the proscription is necessarily cast in general terms that extend to conduct by judges that is harmful although not specifically mentioned in the Code. Actual improprieties under this standard include violations of law, court rules, or other specific provisions of this Code. The test for appearance of impropriety is whether the conduct would create in reasonable minds a perception that the judge's ability to carry out judicial responsibilities with integrity, impartiality, and competence is impaired."

Judge Taylor's ability to carry out judicial responsibilities with integrity, impartiality, and competence is irreversibly impaired. The office of the Juvenile Court Judge must be rescued and restored from the negative impacts this elected official has left upon this office in our community.
Jefferson City

Kingsport, TN

#14 Mar 30, 2011
I think the poster from Jefferson City is the lady who sued him for sexual harrassment. She is always blasting him under a different name.
Not at All

Manchester, TN

#15 Mar 30, 2011
Jefferson City wrote:
I think the poster from Jefferson City is the lady who sued him for sexual harrassment. She is always blasting him under a different name.
No sir, Mr. Taylor. I'm not affiliated with Ms. Rasmussen in any manner whatsoever. You will know who I am in due time, rest assured, Sir. You will certainly hear from the Board of Professional Responsibility who I am.
B Happy

Knoxville, TN

#16 Mar 30, 2011
really wrote:
Over the ten commandments?
Judge Taylor did not write 10 commandments. this i know because the Bible tells me so.
Dont Smell Right

Burbank, CA

#18 Mar 30, 2011
http://www.timesnews.net/article.php...

I don't have a problem at all with him spearheading some bible project in his personal time.

But what happened to all the money he collected? There has been no accounting. Where was it deposited? Is it still there?

If you collect money for something and then don't spend it on the thing or return it, legally that is called "theft by deception". The person voluntarily gave you something, but only because what it would be used for was misrepresented. Is that what happened here?

As far as prosecuted, that won't happen because the prosecutor and he are friends. Don't forget that after, according to sworn statements from 8 different women, the former prosecutor threatened the women with harsher sentences if they wouldn't have sex with him, rather than be charged with rape by an authority figure, he was given a job in Taylor's court representing vulnerable women.

I don't know what is in their minds but it looks like either you scratch my back, or some sort of sex predator ring run by local officials. Can't tell which but it is long past time for the FBI to come in here and start raising hell because it is completely out of control.
Hold up

Rogersville, TN

#19 Mar 30, 2011
hmmm wrote:
Why haven't 'In the Know' or 'Hold Up' been on here touting what a fine and honorable judge with have in Jay Taylor recently? Did they know these charges were coming down the pike. This isn't all that is being investigated folks. Stay tuned.
Wow, some of us work dude so lay off the posting under a different name 500 times. As I have always maintained--If the man is guilty then he needs to be punished. Um that's a big duh and I don't even have to go on about how stupid you are.
Godless Commie

Johnson City, TN

#20 Mar 30, 2011
When the story first broke months ago, the judge went out of his way to identify the use of the commandments as part of a 'historical exhibit' to be staged at the Justice Center. He implied back then that the use of the commandments was not intended to "speak for" the county judicial system. Use of the commandments as part of historical exhibits that do not intend to speak for the judicial system has been ruled valid by SCOTUS as not infringing upon church/state. And for myself being one of the biggest godless commies on here, I never felt his efforts at trying to include the commandments as part of a historical exhibit broke any rules.

I am more intrigued at his resistance to answer questions being raised by the ethics body that oversees his profession. Perhaps there IS more activism to the story than the judge was initially letting on. Some other details that were never made part of the initial media release could very well be where any proverbial bodies are buried.
touche Commie

Manchester, TN

#21 Mar 30, 2011
Godless Commie wrote:
When the story first broke months ago, the judge went out of his way to identify the use of the commandments as part of a 'historical exhibit' to be staged at the Justice Center. He implied back then that the use of the commandments was not intended to "speak for" the county judicial system. Use of the commandments as part of historical exhibits that do not intend to speak for the judicial system has been ruled valid by SCOTUS as not infringing upon church/state. And for myself being one of the biggest godless commies on here, I never felt his efforts at trying to include the commandments as part of a historical exhibit broke any rules.
I am more intrigued at his resistance to answer questions being raised by the ethics body that oversees his profession. Perhaps there IS more activism to the story than the judge was initially letting on. Some other details that were never made part of the initial media release could very well be where any proverbial bodies are buried.
In my opinion after dealing with this attorney, HE is actually the Godless Commie. People of Hawkins County will only hear that he is being 'persecuted for displaying the Ten Commandments'. They need to understand what there is a perception of impropriety attached to his behavior and actions as you are alluding. Can Hawkins County's residents be taught to think deeper than the the media blitz and background noise he's attempting to create with his enigmatic press release today??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just trash 23 min Hmmm 7
Is casey mitchell and jimmy davis still together 23 min busybee 1
casey mitchell 33 min dragonfly 5
who sued Buddy Baird ? 1 hr Razor 7
Poll Did HC Commission do the right thing when they ... 1 hr Disgusted 234
Tasha Frazier 1 hr the fax 18
Burn can 1 hr Clyde 11
More from around the web

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages