First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FED UP

Nashville, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2010
HEY FOLKS. EVER HEAR THAT TRW IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK? WELL LET ME TELL YOU HOW WRONG YOU ARE.THEY CUT THE WORKERS PAY BY 25% AND RAISED THE COST OF INSURANCE ONCE AGAIN. NOT TO MENTION THE RAISES AND BONUSES THAT THE OFFICE PEOPLE GOT. AT THE EXPENSE OF THE HOURLY WORKERS OF COURSE. I WORK AT THE HELL HOLE. TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! THE MANAGEMENT BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!
BafflinBS

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jan 2, 2010
Since I was layed off a few months back I can't comment on current policy. But if the past is any indication, it sounds like business as usual for management at TRW Automotive.
FED UP

Nashville, TN

#3 Jan 2, 2010
HEY CARL! WHATS UP MAN? IM NOT GOIN TO SAY WHO THIS IS BUT YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT. WE WORKED TOGETHER ALOT IN CC40 AND USED TO DRINK AT JB'S AFTER WORK ON WEDNESDAY NIGHTS. WE TOOK TURNS RUNNING THE OLE KIRBY. LOL! AND OH YEAH. IT HASNT CHANGED AT ALL. STILL GOOD IF YOU WORK IN THE OFFICE AND HELL WITH YOU IF YOU ARE HOURLY.

“Just here for laughs”

Since: Sep 09

Eidson, TN

#4 Jan 2, 2010
Dear Lord!!! I have been laid off since March and was kind of sad about it but if it's like that, I don't want to ever go back!! That place started the journey to Crap-town a while back.lol. I am really sorry that you guys are having to deal with all their bs.
All Suck

AOL

#5 Jan 2, 2010
FED UP wrote:
HEY FOLKS. EVER HEAR THAT TRW IS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK? WELL LET ME TELL YOU HOW WRONG YOU ARE.THEY CUT THE WORKERS PAY BY 25% AND RAISED THE COST OF INSURANCE ONCE AGAIN. NOT TO MENTION THE RAISES AND BONUSES THAT THE OFFICE PEOPLE GOT. AT THE EXPENSE OF THE HOURLY WORKERS OF COURSE. I WORK AT THE HELL HOLE. TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! THE MANAGEMENT BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!
all management blows. Most places where the management get bonuses while the workers get the shaft won't last long. Employees get pissed, products are made poorly, sales drop. Sitting on their butts is not a hard job but they will get all of the perks while they can. They will always blame a politician for how hard they bend you over and blame you when they get bent. You would think management in American companies would have changed their style by now but nope, why mess up their easy ride. When I have company stock I always vote in company people who make the least. Apparently I wasn't the only one voting that way. Worked out great, the old greedy thieves were replaced and the stock went up.
WANDERING

Nashville, TN

#6 Jan 2, 2010
HEY ASH. HOWS IT GOIN?YEAH THEY ALL SUCK A BIG ONE. ESPECIALLY THE MANAGEMENT AN HUMAN RESOURSES. YOU KNOW HOW THEY ARE. ITS GOTTEN WORSE SINCE YOU ALL GOT LAYED OFF TRUST ME.
Tired

Grand Rapids, MN

#7 Jan 2, 2010
You'all should have a collective bargaining agent.

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#8 Jan 2, 2010
Tired wrote:
You'all should have a collective bargaining agent.
Not in Tennessee, it is an "at will" work environment which basically means your employer can screw you and your only recourse is to quit.
AND THE

Strawberry Plains, TN

#9 Jan 2, 2010
pineywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in Tennessee, it is an "at will" work environment which basically means your employer can screw you and your only recourse is to quit.
Overeducated work force(a pun here dumbbies) will keep supported the labor laws we have...can't have no damn democrat telling them how to get ahead.
Carl

Ringgold, GA

#10 Jan 2, 2010
AND THE wrote:
<quoted text>Overeducated work force(a pun here dumbbies) will keep supported the labor laws we have...can't have no damn democrat telling them how to get ahead.
Look at where the unions got the US auto industry though!
Johnny Wishbone

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jan 2, 2010
I hope everything works out. I work at a local plant not far from TRW. My dad used to work at TRW and he hated working back then 7 days a week. When he turned 55 he retired from there. Good luck.

“Just here for laughs”

Since: Sep 09

Eidson, TN

#12 Jan 2, 2010
WANDERING wrote:
HEY ASH. HOWS IT GOIN?YEAH THEY ALL SUCK A BIG ONE. ESPECIALLY THE MANAGEMENT AN HUMAN RESOURSES. YOU KNOW HOW THEY ARE. ITS GOTTEN WORSE SINCE YOU ALL GOT LAYED OFF TRUST ME.
I have been doing good. I am moving to Indiana within the next month. I am tired of all the drama around here and the lack of job opportunities. I miss the people but definitely not TRW .haha. I had heard that it had gone downhill but I didn't realize it was that bad. They had been in talks of cutting pay for a long time but it was dismissed by management as a "rumor." It's funny how all those rumors turned out to be true huh? Well, I really hope some good will come out of it in one way or another. Take care!!
Affected

Bristol, TN

#13 Jan 2, 2010
pineywoman wrote:
<quoted text>
The union is the reason the auto business is in such a mess therefore TRW is suffering since they make parts for chrysler. Yes peoples pay has been cut and some layed off. Salaried workers have been let go or layed off along with hourly. With the new business they're getting from ford and GM and possibly voltswagon hopefully they'll be doing better soon. Then everyone can complain about the 7 day weeks. Life is all about saving for hard times because it will hit everyone sometime in their life. We saved for the hard times and that's getting us through the layoff.
All a union will do is charge the workers each paycheck for their services while they run the company into the ground with unreasonable demands. Then they have the money, the company is broke and we have no jobs. Who's gonna be able to make up for the tax dollars lost for the city and county?
Huh

AOL

#14 Jan 2, 2010
Affected wrote:
<quoted text>
The union is the reason the auto business is in such a mess therefore TRW is suffering since they make parts for chrysler. Yes peoples pay has been cut and some layed off. Salaried workers have been let go or layed off along with hourly. With the new business they're getting from ford and GM and possibly voltswagon hopefully they'll be doing better soon. Then everyone can complain about the 7 day weeks. Life is all about saving for hard times because it will hit everyone sometime in their life. We saved for the hard times and that's getting us through the layoff.
All a union will do is charge the workers each paycheck for their services while they run the company into the ground with unreasonable demands. Then they have the money, the company is broke and we have no jobs. Who's gonna be able to make up for the tax dollars lost for the city and county?
No it's not just the unions fault. CEO's getting increasing bonuses for the past 20 years don't bother you? Companies making crap cars for decades don't bother you? Why is it always the just the unions fault? The U S auto industry was mismanaged from the begining. They knew about future gas shortages, even before the gas lines of the 70's yet they didn't try to increase mileage until they were forced. Safety issues and recalls sapped alot of their money. Also not the unions fault. Other places have unions and they are doing fine.
Johnny Wishbone

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jan 2, 2010
Hey did Don Solomon quit? His house was for sale and I seen all his home goods loaded on a tractor trailer. I figured with a moving vehicle like that a company is paying for relocation.

Since: Nov 08

East Gybyp

#16 Jan 2, 2010
Things started going downhill back in the 80's when Ronald reagan made it a point to bust the unions starting with the airlines.
bobo

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jan 2, 2010
Johnny Wishbone wrote:
Hey did Don Solomon quit? His house was for sale and I seen all his home goods loaded on a tractor trailer. I figured with a moving vehicle like that a company is paying for relocation.
No,He just moved a bit closer to workplace.
Tired

Grand Rapids, MN

#18 Jan 2, 2010
A collective bargaining agent is an advocate that works with big business. Their job is to oversee working conditions, equal pay, safety,benifits. If the business can't make a buck then your not going to make a living.It's the difference between a job and a career. Some people want all their money this week without a thought of tommorrow.
realdeal

Piqua, OH

#19 Jan 2, 2010
TRW has always shit on people, You few spoiled people who was lucky enough to be hired perm just didn't notice it because you had it made while temps did all the labor for alot less money... Any company who would work people for 4 and 5 years without bringing them on perminant is trash, period!!! these temp agencys around here is what has killed the job market in East Tenn..
Reality

Toledo, OH

#20 Jan 2, 2010
pineywoman wrote:
Things started going downhill back in the 80's when Ronald reagan made it a point to bust the unions starting with the airlines.
Your an idiot!!!!! How about NAFTA with the Clinton admin. The Unions are going full blast in this country. I have been on both sides of the management/hourly fence and the biggest problem is lazy assed employees that want others to cover for them and they do nothing and want a paycheck.That is for BOTH sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prisoners Escaped 20 min Internet User 3
Gutfeld Nailed It 2 hr Kingfish 1
Stacie Dyke 2 hr Kingfish 18
Pit Bull Dogs 2 hr Kingfish 41
Prediction 3 hr Kingfish 11
Ware in Surgoinsville 4 hr Tosha 17
Homeland 5 hr Help us 2

Rogersville Jobs

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages