Restaurants Closing
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Neighborhood Watch

Chatsworth, GA

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Golden Dairy closing early, Romas changed their hours, Pigs and Chicks closing on Sundays, Big Creek Farms Steak closing their doors, Brick Oven closing their doors, Burger Bad never know when it is going to be open or if it going to be an auction house or a karaoke place. Route 66 always dark open or not?, Cherokee closing early, What is going on with these sit down places to eat a meal?
coffee 4 me

Herndon, VA

#2 Jan 29, 2014
Obvious they are cutting costs and not getting the business needed to stay open.
entertainme

Knoxville, TN

#3 Jan 29, 2014
What is wrong with karaoke? It seems like you are against it. If you would get out more, you would know that some type of live entertainment is very common in restaurants.

I, myself, at least applaud then for trying. That I'd more than most can say.

From a business standpoint, again, applause. In a market such as thepresent, it's imperative to try different tactics to drum up business. Otherwise, you shutyourdid, which IS the point of the post.
hmm

Ashburn, VA

#4 Jan 29, 2014
well its real cold and maybe no one wants to get out in it. so they close early. also it saves them money. dont blame them for doing it.
OMG

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2014
FOR REAL> hell unless you have a four wheel drive, superman or don't care to freeze your ass off walking to most of these places you can't get to them! Ppl. have been snowed in including some employees....with that being said, how the hell are they going to be open worn none to work! Almost all the places you've named need to close because their food sucks! My advice to you, which you could probably care less IS learn how to cook!
home

Dalton, GA

#6 Jan 30, 2014
Neighborhood Watch wrote:
Golden Dairy closing early, Romas changed their hours, Pigs and Chicks closing on Sundays, Big Creek Farms Steak closing their doors, Brick Oven closing their doors, Burger Bad never know when it is going to be open or if it going to be an auction house or a karaoke place. Route 66 always dark open or not?, Cherokee closing early, What is going on with these sit down places to eat a meal?
Why not cook dinner and sit down at home to eat your meal?
Steve

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 30, 2014
when i go out to pay to eat, i don't want an auctioneer chanting with a load speaker and people hooping and hollering around.....when i go out to pay to eat a dinner, i would not want karoke from East Tennessee singing to me....If it is a resturant, be a resturant, not a live entertainment place....whay not do bingo a couple nights there too.
My day

United States

#8 Jan 30, 2014
Why did Big Creek close ??????
My Thoughts

Morristown, TN

#9 Jan 30, 2014
Cause they ain't got no business or parking, and Sagebrush is coming to town. YEAH
Just Looking Around

Columbia, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2014
Location, location, location. Must be accessible. Must have good food, good service, be clean and good prices. Very simple. Downtown is not a good location for a restaurant because of the parking. Big Creek should have stayed where they were on Hwy 66. Pig and Chick are closing on Sunday BUT opening on Monday(s) now. Winter is a hard time for any business except grocery stores. Just saying...
Tax payer

Martin, TN

#11 Jan 31, 2014
Mmmm..........would you like to know what health score your eating place got? Here you go http://dogwood.healthspace.com/tdh
Scroll down on the left to rogersville and prepare to feast your eyes on the violations.
Hate it

United States

#12 Jan 31, 2014
Business would pick up at Di's if she would clean it up and Change the food there she has had the same menu since she open
o yea

Kingsport, TN

#13 Jan 31, 2014
My day wrote:
Why did Big Creek close ??????
They Don't Know How TO Treat They Works!!!!!!!!

And they hired all that scum from the Final Lap and VFW to work there you can't have a business like that
just sayin

United States

#14 Feb 10, 2014
I visited Big Creek many times and they had GREAT food and the service was good as well. I would much rather have their steaks than Sagebrush. I was shocked to find out they were closed down. The parking on the other hand was hard and I figured it would make it hard for them to stay in business with NO PARKING LOT. But, I really did like Big Creek!
plenty of parking

New Market, TN

#15 Feb 10, 2014
just sayin wrote:
I visited Big Creek many times and they had GREAT food and the service was good as well. I would much rather have their steaks than Sagebrush. I was shocked to find out they were closed down. The parking on the other hand was hard and I figured it would make it hard for them to stay in business with NO PARKING LOT. But, I really did like Big Creek!
in city and county lots...people too damn lazy around here..like at dollar store they they have to park at the front door.
porky

Johnson City, TN

#16 Feb 10, 2014
I loved big creek they had great food and loved the young man who cut the meat and worked check out . so sad to see them close this city will miss them best of luck to collin.
oh really

Greenville, SC

#17 Feb 11, 2014
Maybe something to do with the lousy economy? People not eating out like they use to? The price of everything is going through the roof, got to cut cost somewhere.
CSI Rogersville

Sevierville, TN

#18 Feb 11, 2014
Big Creek was very good! Was disappointed that they had closed. We went to Brick Oven on Sunday, service could have been better, but food was good...we have a friend who works there, but she was just coming in as we were leaving...
Wally

Martin, TN

#19 Feb 12, 2014
just sayin wrote:
After they moved to Main St. it all went down hill. It seemed they didn't want to be in the restaurant business anymore. Their steaks were fine, I agree. I'll try Sagebrush when they open but Amis Mill will be my weekly eating place.
Seriously

New Market, TN

#20 Feb 12, 2014
This place is always filthy, everything is greasy from table's to salt and pepper shakers, and this rating is a joke.
http://dogwood.healthspace.com/tdh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Sells 23 min Taxwaste 7
tiffany williams (Jan '13) 3 hr Sandra 11
Life 4 hr Wondering 19
Nark 5 hr Dr Spek 3
AR15 inventor didn't intend it for civilians (Jun '16) 12 hr pudding tame 20
House for rent 18 hr Ur nosey 8
Frenchie tom synder and melinda enix 20 hr idk the answer 10

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance