fire on mountain down Mooresburg way.
koolaid

Rolesville, NC

#2 Nov 15, 2012
Is there any update on this. I am kinda worried, I live in mooresburg area
Coming Home

Duluth, GA

#3 Nov 15, 2012
As I was on my way home about 15 mins ago, I was traveling down highway 11w, you could see the flames. Looked as if it was moving downward. Praying for those who.are/will be affected by this tragic fire & those fighting the flames.
koolaid

Rolesville, NC

#4 Nov 15, 2012
Any updates? Wonder if its out
Jenna R P

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 16, 2012
koolaid wrote:
Any updates? Wonder if its out
it's hard to tell
burnt

Rolesville, NC

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Hmmm...no news
mslocal

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 16, 2012
I just noticed the smoke, couldn't tell where it was. Any news yet? Looks like a big fire.
Local

Kingsport, TN

#8 Nov 16, 2012
The fire is on Short Mountain. By listening to scanner traffic, Lakeview VFD and EMA have been on this since yesterday. Homes were threatened last night. Lakeview VFD stayed there all night for the homeowners. Forestry is on scene today with crews attempting to get fire lines around it. Fire will be burning until it rains even with fire lines around it. This is located west of Lakeview Market
Worried

Oak Ridge, NC

#10 Nov 17, 2012
Anymore updates today?
Sam

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2012
It doesn't look better today. It is burning east and west and it looks like it has gone over the ridge toward Cloud Creek. Anyone with a scanner have any updates.
MOORESBURG MOM

Morristown, TN

#12 Nov 17, 2012
I live just down from the fire and the smoke is very thick and you can see the glow from the flames,i'm starting to get worried,this has been going on for to long.LORD help those who are fighting that fire.
so true

United States

#13 Nov 17, 2012
How did this start?
UFO

Kingsport, TN

#14 Nov 17, 2012
Damn Martian flipped a cigarette out his window while flying by.....little green bastards !!!!!
hcoco3suns

Wadesboro, NC

#15 Nov 17, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about that fire? It seems to be getting worse!!! How did it start?
worried

United States

#16 Nov 17, 2012
so has the fire got put out yet and we hope and pray no one has got hurt
Local

Duluth, GA

#17 Nov 17, 2012
Seems to be the fire is only spreading. Coming down.the road earlier the smoke was so thick that it was hard too see. The fire fighters are doing their best. Still praying
resident

United States

#18 Nov 17, 2012
been watching it burn for 2 days and i was sad to see it.. bigest fire ive ever seen and i can only pray that no one gets hurt or looses a home...
Somebody

Dandridge, TN

#19 Nov 18, 2012
Around mile marker 12, just west of LakeView Grocerie, there is a group of new-ish campers facing the highway. SOMEONE,,, that has cleared a large piece of mountain side up near the base of Stone Mountain has the West Side of that particualar tract cleared. Allegedly they set out to burn a small pile of scrub that had been cleared off. Obviously, it's out of control. It has topped and crossed over to the Cloud Creek Side, however favorable NNE breezes helped last night. Forestry does not want to put a dozer up there (and there are logging roads there) because they don't seem to think it's dangerous enough yet, and "To Steep". I would hope landowners collect themselves to see if this warrants a class action lawsuit, not to mention the damages, that beautiful drive is now a scar on Hawkins County Roadways.
Billy the Bobble

Asheboro, NC

#21 Nov 18, 2012
Another fire at the gap on Hwy 11E It has started on the top and is working it's way down. I
resident

United States

#22 Nov 18, 2012
what gap? do u mean their goinng down choptack to 66

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The truth about the U.S. of A. 1 hr Mindless Drone 4
Jobs 3 hr Sunshine 3
Bible teachings about Mexicans and other foreig... (May '10) 6 hr Just Saying 21
New cafe in St Clair 9 hr Hungry 1
ghost lady in whitesburg tn 10 hr Mitch Ryder 3
Greed & God 10 hr Calhoun 35
Linda Rhea 12 hr veteran 3
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match

Rogersville Jobs

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rogersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rogersville

Personal Finance