Do you want to do away with Social Se...

Do you want to do away with Social Security?

Created by Thaddeus Stevens on Oct 25, 2013

21 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes I want to do away with Social Security.

No I do not want to do away with Social Security

I want to privatize Social Security and let Wall S

Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

#1 Oct 25, 2013
Conservative Republicans do not want to do away with Social Security.
Overtaxed

Gate City, VA

#2 Oct 25, 2013
You could have fooled me.
Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

#3 Oct 25, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
You could have fooled me.
No sir that is the tea party that wants to do away with Social Security they like for Wall Street the taken over when they go broke again you'll lose your money
corrupt

Columbia, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2013
both parties in the house and senate should be totally and completely dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up . anyone and everyone that holds a seat now should be forced to clear out thier desk . and lets not forget about the c.e.o's of the f.d.a. and w.t.o. that recieve billions in kickbacks . the supreme court people are all phsyco's . corrupt powerful people has run the uninted states into the dirt . if we are the richest country in the world , why do we borrow money when we should be lenders ? if the deficit has been cut in half , why raise the debt ceiling ? back room , behind close door meetings should be illegal .
Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

#5 Oct 26, 2013
corrupt wrote:
both parties in the house and senate should be totally and completely dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up . anyone and everyone that holds a seat now should be forced to clear out thier desk . and lets not forget about the c.e.o's of the f.d.a. and w.t.o. that recieve billions in kickbacks . the supreme court people are all phsyco's . corrupt powerful people has run the uninted states into the dirt . if we are the richest country in the world , why do we borrow money when we should be lenders ? if the deficit has been cut in half , why raise the debt ceiling ? back room , behind close door meetings should be illegal .
That is exactly why I think Phil Roe and Marsha Blackburn should be voted out but it's not correct them had enough time in their they haven't gotten anything done your Senators and Congressmen are millionaires.
Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

#6 Oct 28, 2013
Most of the tea party wants to cut Social Security benefits for everyone doesn't matter how much you paid in if you worked all your life and now you're retire it's time to replace Phil roe with someone else that doesn't believe in the same things as the tea party.
It's time that moderate conservative Republicans take the party back over.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Oct 29, 2013
First, it is a good sign that all sides are eschewing the elusive “grand bargain,” in which the Democrats accept significant cuts to entitlements and the Republicans accept significant new tax revenues. That’s good news, because that route leads to gridlock — and presents a real risk of reducing essential income and health supports for economically vulnerable retirees and others who depend on Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

On this latter point, while there are obviously wealthy beneficiaries of Social Security and Medicare who would be fine without those programs, far more depend on them. Kathy Ruffing, a colleague at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, points out that excluding Social Security benefits, the poverty rate among the elderly would be an astounding 44 percent. Including those benefits, it is 9 percent. They lift 22 million people out of poverty.
Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

#8 Oct 29, 2013
Perhaps you think the Tea Party wouldn't risk the political fallout of proposing cuts to Social Security, which is, after all, an extraordinarily popular program. Think again. The Tea Party hasn't shown much respect so far for programs and policies most Americans favor. In several key states, Tea Party-inspired Republicans have already succeeded in stripping most public employees of their collective bargaining rights -- the primary power workers have to negotiate fair salaries, benefits and working conditions. The Tea Party brought the nation to the brink of a damaging, and clearly unpopular federal government shutdown. And the Tea Party has already announced a plan to end Medicare.
Thaddeus Stevens

Kingsport, TN

#9 Oct 30, 2013
It looks like the tea party is under the impression that heaven just for white people there will be no Redskin people they think they'll be no black people yellow people or will be no poor people these people live in their own little world that if you go into their little churches you see the white Jesus on the wall They are lower than erectile their pallets are full of lies but yet they hate government.
But in the stores they will take the food stamp cards and if they have to cheat some on tax returns well it's okay it's only the government it's only other taxpayer that you cheat and most tea party people don't think you need insurance because they intend to go to the emergency room and let the rest of us pay for their health care and they love Ted Cruz and to listen to him if you look into their eyes you can see the hate i feel sad for them i say they will get to know the heat of hell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Need The Nut Houses Back Again 37 min j reb 7
One Time Expenditure 2 hr Detective 26
School board 2 hr Todd3 21
Septic tank service 3 hr Todd3 8
Burglary Suspect Allegedly Ate Soup, Swapped Cl... 5 hr Ummm 11
Beth Ward 6 hr Urgent care 1
When Democrats Rule 6 hr Todd3 21

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance