Created by how bout this on May 7, 2013

878 votes

Click on an option to vote

Jim Sells

Carolyn Elder

Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#62 May 14, 2013
Was not a tax question or a question about current BMA but was rather a question about a candidate's qualifications.

Funny, the voice of change never offers anything but blasting the current. Now, what does CE offer in way of ability as in her ability?
Personal Opinion

Kingsport, TN

#63 May 14, 2013
The budget process is something else that needs changed. The BMA is the budget committee. It should be made up of people who aren't running for office. It's the taxpayers money and they need to be the committee. This year at the one and only budget committee meeting the city recorder said he'd just bring the changes to everybody's house. Hard to believe the papers didn't write about that.
SADLY

Louisville, TN

#64 May 14, 2013
Personal Opinion wrote:
The budget process is something else that needs changed. The BMA is the budget committee. It should be made up of people who aren't running for office. It's the taxpayers money and they need to be the committee. This year at the one and only budget committee meeting the city recorder said he'd just bring the changes to everybody's house. Hard to believe the papers didn't write about that.
Is our open gov...what people dont want hurt them until it is too late....is that not illegal?
James

Knoxville, TN

#65 May 14, 2013
Uhm wrote:
Was not a tax question or a question about current BMA but was rather a question about a candidate's qualifications.
Funny, the voice of change never offers anything but blasting the current. Now, what does CE offer in way of ability as in her ability?
Would only hope that the budget could be handled better. A fresh look at our finances would be refreshing. The voice of change needs to be heard loud and very clear. WE want a Mayor that will represent the people. NOT special interest and NOT looking out for status quo. Give us transparency. Give us a representative that cares about the hard working taxpayer that has no voice now. Give us a rep that actually cares about managing our funds to best benefit our community. FAIRNESS! Now there is one thing that would be a huge improvement. There is so much room for progress, and here's hoping we get a chance to get out from under this heavy blanket soaked with the same old political mud.
curious

Kingsport, TN

#66 May 14, 2013
Uhm wrote:
Glad to hear they're now requiring qualifications around here and just wonder when that started? lol
taxpayer

Kingsport, TN

#67 May 14, 2013
the budget is the taxpayers bank and someone needs to control robbing the budget for large amounts of money to pay for low cost jobs . cut out all these little middle men that ask for 10% to be added to the cost even though they done absolutly nothing but talk on the phone for a few minutes . theroughly investigate all prodject proposals to insure we are getting the best price for the job ,by someone other than the prodject leader . property taxes will go up in 2016 to cover all the overpriced wasteful spending that is going on now. almost everytime you pick up the newspaper , someone is asking for more money in their budget . rogersville is not growing , it is shrinking . where is the budget being spent or pocketed ???
Uhm

Campobello, SC

#68 May 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Glad to hear they're now requiring qualifications around here and just wonder when that started? lol
So are you implying CE does have any qualifications?
HOW GIVING US YOURS

Sevierville, TN

#69 May 14, 2013
Uhm wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you implying CE does have any qualifications?
What makes you qualified to judge someone else...are you in city govt? your record speak for you? or are you what is called a bobblehead?
citizen

Kingsport, TN

#70 May 14, 2013
you must be getting "10%" too!!
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#71 May 14, 2013
HOW GIVING US YOURS wrote:
<quoted text>What makes you qualified to judge someone else...are you in city govt? your record speak for you? or are you what is called a bobblehead?
No, I am not in city government and to cover all the bases I do not know nor am I related to either candidate.

Now, I will say, yes, having a accounting degree and being accountable for a local company's payroll and expense account that I would have qualifications to run. My job experience, including grant writing in the past, as well as, government bidding/project manager does lend that I would have a clue how a city government budget be maintained.

I am not running nor do I have a desire to run for mayor. If you would, instead of spouting off your ignorant rant, answer me what I originally ask, which was what are CE qualifications? Specifically, has she ever been in charge of anything financially or been head of an accountable committee?

By the way, you make for a lousy spokesperson of a candidate, especially for the undecided voter.
OKAY FIRST GIVE

Kodak, TN

#72 May 14, 2013
Uhm wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not in city government and to cover all the bases I do not know nor am I related to either candidate.
Now, I will say, yes, having a accounting degree and being accountable for a local company's payroll and expense account that I would have qualifications to run. My job experience, including grant writing in the past, as well as, government bidding/project manager does lend that I would have a clue how a city government budget be maintained.
I am not running nor do I have a desire to run for mayor. If you would, instead of spouting off your ignorant rant, answer me what I originally ask, which was what are CE qualifications? Specifically, has she ever been in charge of anything financially or been head of an accountable committee?
By the way, you make for a lousy spokesperson of a candidate, especially for the undecided voter.
Us the qualifications of those now serving.
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#73 May 14, 2013
The state of our current town speaks volumes. Thank you, your input has been most helpful.

This game you insist on playing of toss the responsibility is getting old. I obviously can see the qualification of the current administration but have yet to hear one thing that can be brought to the table.

CE must enjoy your help in her campaign. I would ask about candidates for alderman but I would be afraid you might respond, AGAIN
Citizens

Knoxville, TN

#74 May 14, 2013
Most citizens are just tired of the same old manipulation and misuse of the resources that we now have. Lack of trust in what we have is huge. I would trust a stranger more than most of the office holders that we now have. When questioned about actions or unfair policies in the past, there was no resolution or interest in making corrections or apologies. They are not interested in anything about the average citizen except their vote. That's it. I have seen friends and neighbors treated unfairly and no person that cares about other people should sit quietly by and allow these things to continue. I am not proud of way my town is run and people should be concerned enough to want to bring about change. It is much easier to turn a blind eye than to speak out and try, because in this town you can be sure there will be repercussions if they get half a chance.
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#75 May 14, 2013
I can understand and respect that notion. However, being tired of the old is no reason to support the new. Every action has a reaction. Simply voting out because one is tired will not unsure success of whatever it is you want achieved.

I simply wanted answers. For this election to be a hot issue, I can not find info on where the newcomer stands, what she feels she brings to the table, what qualifications she had to lead. To me, being new is a gamble that I am not sure outweighs the risk.
WONDERING

Knoxville, TN

#76 May 14, 2013
All that job responsibility, you have a lot of time for topix....you do know this is Rogersville city govt you are defending?
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#77 May 14, 2013
You are right, I forgot, it is Rogersville topix. I have said I was looking for information. I forgot people of your nature would not understand.

I work just the same as most people. I am guessing by your statement you don't. Such a shame, there is a certain pride in it.
Uhm

Gaffney, SC

#78 May 14, 2013
Oh and by the way, not defending anything dumbarse.... Still seeking answers.
OKAY

Cosby, TN

#79 May 14, 2013
You have proved nothing or said anything of value...but one of those that must have last word...go for it jack.
Uhm

Johnson City, TN

#81 May 14, 2013
That's a huge claim. I hope it's one that you can substantiate with fact.
fraud

Kingsport, TN

#82 May 17, 2013
wastw..waste..waste..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Call for help! 1 hr Johnny reb 4
Trump vs Pro Athletes 1 hr Johnny reb 7
Trump tax plan another con job 4 hr 5th Generation Vo... 11
Jeremy Seal passed away 18 hr jls 6
Danielle stubblefield 18 hr katerina 1
arron buttry (Mar '12) 20 hr B stubble 18
Salaries of gov employees, school, clearks, judges 22 hr Good lord 6

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance