Click on an option to vote

Jim Sells

Carolyn Elder

SADLY

Monterey, TN

#41 May 9, 2013
how bout this wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Church Hill has Animal Control but does it have a Tree Board?
Well we do and it's the only reason I live here. BTW, I'm just kidding and being cynical.
we even pay to let them tell us what to do with our property.
Meh

Powell, TN

#42 May 9, 2013
Hhmm, just because I admit that I do not know and want to.... Is the tree board paid or funded by the BMA
Funny people

Jefferson City, TN

#43 May 10, 2013
What does Rogersville have that other people don't? Well we know a BMA that raised taxes the same month AFTER THE LAST ELECTION! Controversy over voter registration. Trash pick-up. Oh and by the way, no full time fire department. After reading the paper this morning about the RHA, is the County Attorney a member of RHA, along with the mayors wife, and is the other young man (Price) a family member?
Face it Rogersville, it's time to really open your eyes to what seems to be a Family Run City. How many deceased and nursing home patients will vote this year?
Guess that's why I live in the county, at least I know who is screwing us over. I really feel sorry for Rogersville citizens you have been lied to for years and just watch its coming again. Good luck to the citizens. Living outside city limits looks better all the time!
how bout this

Kingsport, TN

#44 May 10, 2013
Funny people wrote:
What does Rogersville have that other people don't? Well we know a BMA that raised taxes the same month AFTER THE LAST ELECTION! Controversy over voter registration. Trash pick-up. Oh and by the way, no full time fire department. After reading the paper this morning about the RHA, is the County Attorney a member of RHA, along with the mayors wife, and is the other young man (Price) a family member?
Face it Rogersville, it's time to really open your eyes to what seems to be a Family Run City. How many deceased and nursing home patients will vote this year?
Guess that's why I live in the county, at least I know who is screwing us over. I really feel sorry for Rogersville citizens you have been lied to for years and just watch its coming again. Good luck to the citizens. Living outside city limits looks better all the time!
Yeah but, we have liquor by the drink and a tree board. lol

Things ain't much different in the county.
fact

Kingsport, TN

#45 May 10, 2013
rogersville, city and county, has always and will always be kept under thumb as long as certain handed down families are reaping the bennifits . certain families in hawkins are prospering while other WORKING families are struggling to buy gas and groceries..
how bout this

Kingsport, TN

#46 May 11, 2013
fact wrote:
rogersville, city and county, has always and will always be kept under thumb as long as certain handed down families are reaping the bennifits . certain families in hawkins are prospering while other WORKING families are struggling to buy gas and groceries..
This is true, but it's the same all over the Country and all over the World. Also, when only one third of the registered voters in the city, get out and vote in the local election, this is what you get.
Standing Water

Jefferson City, TN

#47 May 12, 2013
That is what Rogersville City BMA is standing stagnet water. Always doing business behind closed doors. Will there be another tax increase after the election this year? It's time to get out and VOTE! We have a wonderful city with a lot to offer if the BMA would allow growth and not be afraid to piss off their family, who owns businesses in town. If they worked as hard in office as they did with all if these dang signs something would get done at meetings that they get $300 for 30 minutes of work. Lets not forget the newspaper just reported that they also get their money back for committee meetings now. So add it up folks! They all are committees and some more than one!
Just me

United States

#48 May 12, 2013
The only way this whole city and county government will ever change for the better is to clean house and get replacements who aren't related to or friends with anyone who is in office now. Hawkins County is crooked from top to bottom!
crooked

Kingsport, TN

#49 May 12, 2013
july 4th city park party.. private electrical contractor bid 6,500$ for service but mayor decided to turn it over to city so he could bill contributors more than 10,000$!!! check out the price of SPECIAL stage !! WASTE or pocket ??
Wrong Info

Savannah, TN

#50 May 12, 2013
crooked wrote:
july 4th city park party.. private electrical contractor bid 6,500$ for service but mayor decided to turn it over to city so he could bill contributors more than 10,000$!!! check out the price of SPECIAL stage !! WASTE or pocket ??
You have your information completely wrong. The electrical upgrade at the park is not for a stage, it's so vendors will have more reliable and safe power. The 4th Committee got an estimate of $6500 for the work that included several in-kind contributions. City policy says a project over $2500 must be bid. Instead of going through the red tape, the mayor put together a plan that would use existing funds to get the work done. He is not billing anyone. The city is not billing anyone. And keep in mind that the stage is NOT paid for by the city, nor is any of the event other than police protection and use of the pool. The mayor is to be commended for the work he did on this.
u-2crooked

Kingsport, TN

#51 May 12, 2013
did not say electric was for stage and did not say was billing city !! electric upgrade is for vending and lights...billing is to contributors ..special stage is in an outragous class of its own..you are correct on one thing, "6,500$".. so why did mayor reject that bid for total contract and opted to city doing the work and bill contributers more than 10,000$ for exact same work ? there is a committy that collects contributions and this is who the mayor submitts these blownup bills to ... how much kick back are you getting to defend this fraud ????
Tired of it

Arcadia, SC

#52 May 13, 2013
Zeus wrote:
Jim Sells....Hell he has been mayor for what 40 years or something like that? What makes you think he will lose this time around?
Yall getting the junk mail also? lol
Wrong Info

Johnson City, TN

#53 May 13, 2013
u-2crooked wrote:
did not say electric was for stage and did not say was billing city !! electric upgrade is for vending and lights...billing is to contributors ..special stage is in an outragous class of its own..you are correct on one thing, "6,500$".. so why did mayor reject that bid for total contract and opted to city doing the work and bill contributers more than 10,000$ for exact same work ? there is a committy that collects contributions and this is who the mayor submitts these blownup bills to ... how much kick back are you getting to defend this fraud ????
Slow down and read carefully. NO ONE IS GETTING BILLED. The committee (or committy as you like to spell it) isn't paying for the electrical work. It's an upgrade to the park that is being done by the city with existing funds. No other funds are being asked for or raised. I'm not defending it because there is nothing to defend. The mayor did not "reject" the bid, he simply stated that if that was the amount it would have to be bid. Doing it within the existing budget does not have to be bid. Again, please don't speak about something you don't have the facts on.
James

Knoxville, TN

#54 May 13, 2013
What happened with TBI and the county commissioners regarding the bribes?
No Justice Again

Johnson City, TN

#55 May 13, 2013
I was just going to say, well, J Taylor got his a** handed to him, now let the cleaning begain on the rest of the usless trash, money sucking, robbing, worthless people that hold positions in Hwakins Co.

Let the complaints, Letters and calls begain!
u2crooked

Kingsport, TN

#57 May 13, 2013
to wrong info... first you siad the city was not being billed.. now your saying its in the budget.. where do you think the budget comes from for him to CLAIM these outragous prices.. since you are so fired up on misleading tax payers , ill tell you..TAX PAYERS AND CONTRIBUTERS..it is a waste and kick back to assumadbly pay more than 10,000$ for a 6,500$ contract that was disreguarded by the mayor ! i know way more about this little deal than you think!
Wrong Info

Savannah, TN

#58 May 13, 2013
u2crooked wrote:
to wrong info... first you siad the city was not being billed.. now your saying its in the budget.. where do you think the budget comes from for him to CLAIM these outragous prices.. since you are so fired up on misleading tax payers , ill tell you..TAX PAYERS AND CONTRIBUTERS..it is a waste and kick back to assumadbly pay more than 10,000$ for a 6,500$ contract that was disreguarded by the mayor ! i know way more about this little deal than you think!
So tell us what you know so we can all be in on the little secret. You don't "bill" the budget. The budget is in place so money is available to do projects. And pay closer attention to the underlined words as you're typing...it means you've spelled that word wrong.
u2smart

Kingsport, TN

#59 May 14, 2013
your right that he dont bill the budget.he makes a request for the money . request or billed , the money disapears ,and the budget is accumilated by tax payers dollars and is not meant to pay overpriced prodjects . if he had stuck with the bid of 6,500$ on the upgrad , there would be an extra 6,000$ in the budget today that could be spent on something important ( schools , roads ,). if he didnt claim to spend 30,000$ on a special stage to which the "tax payers BUDGET" already paid to build a perfectly good stage for the park ,we would have 30,000$ in the budget to use for important stuff . budget or contributions , wasteful spending is wasteful spending . the budget is the tax payers bank account to run rogersville efficiantly and not his to waste . by the way , i apresate yor watch dog on spelng.
Uhm

Campobello, SC

#60 May 14, 2013
Thats all fine and well but has CE ever handled a huge budget such as one the city has?
Does she have experience with such or is she running on a wing and a prayer, hoping she knows how to to do it?
HOW IS THE BUDGET HANDLED

Sevierville, TN

#61 May 14, 2013
Uhm wrote:
Thats all fine and well but has CE ever handled a huge budget such as one the city has?
Does she have experience with such or is she running on a wing and a prayer, hoping she knows how to to do it?
Now. Also in the past one bma member usually served on one board, like water or rec...after they gave themselves a raise to $300 per meeting noticed there are several bma members on each board and some or on as many as 5 diff boards...do they get 300 for each of those meetings every month?....by the way that huge city budget needs to be a SMALL budger....how long ago all we heard was how broke the city was...and the as was not cuts but taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogersville water Department (Apr '13) 14 min Toby 101
Hawkins county Sargent shown drinking on Facebook? 2 hr Good for him 22
Who buys broken tvs (Sep '13) 2 hr Lee 227
jade henry (May '13) 5 hr Willing 9
Trump tax plan another con job 6 hr Old people 7
Remembering Trump's reaction to 9/11 22 hr Pastor Bubba 16
Call for help! Thu Pastor Bubba 3
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... Thu Dr Spek 72

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web