Next Last
IBM

Roanoke, VA

#1 Aug 19, 2011
Has there been any news on his case?
stacie

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2011
She was also someones wife daughter mother aunt.i hope he rots under hell cuz even hell is to good for him .
gazing

Hamilton, OH

#3 Oct 12, 2011
stacie wrote:
She was also someones wife daughter mother aunt.i hope he rots under hell cuz even hell is to good for him .
Wow that is mean. What did this guy do?
gary p

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2011
gazing wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that is mean. What did this guy do?
mickey was a dad a brother a husband a son a soldier f you for talkin sh about something u no nothing about
In Fairness

Johnson City, TN

#5 Oct 16, 2011
Here a few headlines related to this case:

"Woman pulled from fire found stabbed"

"Neighbor charged with murder"

"Suspect pleads guilty in murder of 74-year-old Hawkins woman"

"Wife, mother-in-law of murder suspect seek protective orders"

From an Oct. 15 Kpt Times article: "Mickey Lee Fletcher, 37, 1320 Longs Bend Road, Rogersville, was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Friday afternoon in Hawkins County Criminal Court in exchange for guilty pleas to first-degree felony murder and aggravated robbery.

Fletcher had faced a potential death penalty due to aggravating factors in his case including the victim’s age, the “heinous, atrocious and cruel” nature of the crime, and due to the fact the murder occurred during the commission of an aggravated robbery.

Following his arrest the morning of Jan. 30, Fletcher told police he was walking around Longs Bend Road late the previous night when he knocked on Jackson’s door and asked for money.

He stated that he then pulled a knife and struggled with Jackson.

According to Owens’ statement to the court, Jackson had undergone a major medical procedure earlier that month.

'The lady refused to give me money and we started fussing over this,' Fletcher told police.'I had a knife and I know we started struggling over it. The next thing I know she was laying on the floor. I seen she had blood on her.'

Fletcher admitted that he gathered several items belonging to Jackson including jewelry, cash and a pistol, and leaving those items in the living room, he took Jackson’s vehicle and went to a nearby market where he purchased a six-pack of beer.

He stated he threw the knife in the Holston River near Church Hill.

Early the morning of Jan. 30, he returned to Jackson’s home, poured bleach on her to destroy evidence, and then set one of the beds on fire.

Fletcher admits he then took the items he’d gathered and went to a friend’s residence, where he fell asleep in a chair.

A neighbor saw the fire and pulled Jackson from the burning house, but she was already deceased at that time.

Fletcher was located by Hawkins County deputies at a nearby residence on Caldwell Road with cuts and blood on his hands and blood on his shirt.

The autopsy indicated 'multiple sharp force injuries to the face and scalp including a stab wound which fractured the skull.'

The autopsy further states,'The head also had blunt trauma which included multiple contusions,(bruises, lacerations) tears and fractures of the skull above the eyes.... The neck had slice wounds, cuts, contusions and muscular hemorrhages which indicated compressive sharp force injuries to the neck. The chest had two stab wounds, one of which penetrated the heart.'

The autopsy also indicated numerous defensive cuts to the hands."

The victim's son said that "the last three checks written from Jackson’s checkbook were to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Paralyzed Veterans of America and the Children’s Miracle Network, and she also contributed $28 per month to St. Jude Children’s Hospital for more than 30 years.

'For those of us in the family who are Christ followers, we know we will see mom again in heaven, and her absence from us will seem like a blink of an eye at that time,' Owens said.'But for now we miss her so much.'"

one eye

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Oct 17, 2011
gary p wrote:
<quoted text>mickey was a dad a brother a husband a son a soldier f you for talkin sh about something u no nothing about
I agree with you. This is so sad for both parties. If Mickey was in his right mind I don't believe this would have happened. His life sure changed after he went into the service.
JUSTICE

Knoxville, TN

#7 Oct 17, 2011
well now the trial is over,it surley took long enough.i hope everybody knows that justic did preveal.at least he didnt go through a long ass trial.it would of cost all the tax payers for sure.mickey owned up to what he did,i know it wont bring back mrs jackson, god bless her,,, but he will never be out in the free world again,to do this again to someone.so maybe now the jackson family can have some closer on what happen.may god be with the jackson family,an to the fletcher family too. justice has been done,,,,
well

Monroe, NC

#8 Oct 17, 2011
Really let's not blame the flipping service for this!!!! He was a career service member. Everyone of us has a conscious and knows right from wrong!!! He chose to do wrong. He deserves to stay in jail and rot!!!!!
Really

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Oct 19, 2011
well wrote:
Really let's not blame the flipping service for this!!!! He was a career service member. Everyone of us has a conscious and knows right from wrong!!! He chose to do wrong. He deserves to stay in jail and rot!!!!!
Yes, I do blame service - some men are cut out for it and some are not. A kill is a kill whether it be in the states or over seas. There were a lot of men, women, and children killed at war that didnt deserve it either but our men had to do it and then have to live with what they done because our government says so. Mickey did wrong thats a given and he is going to have to pay for his mistake. I just feel the service might not have been a good place for him alot of men come back from war messed up in the head.
MEMEME

El Segundo, CA

#10 Oct 19, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do blame service - some men are cut out for it and some are not. A kill is a kill whether it be in the states or over seas. There were a lot of men, women, and children killed at war that didnt deserve it either but our men had to do it and then have to live with what they done because our government says so. Mickey did wrong thats a given and he is going to have to pay for his mistake. I just feel the service might not have been a good place for him alot of men come back from war messed up in the head.
What type of evaluations do you recommend be given to determine if the candidate is suitable for military service, and who would be responsible if one is approved and then returns as a loose cannon?
hello people

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I do blame service - some men are cut out for it and some are not. A kill is a kill whether it be in the states or over seas. There were a lot of men, women, and children killed at war that didnt deserve it either but our men had to do it and then have to live with what they done because our government says so. Mickey did wrong thats a given and he is going to have to pay for his mistake. I just feel the service might not have been a good place for him alot of men come back from war messed up in the head.
Did this guy see combat??????
In Fairness

Johnson City, TN

#12 Oct 19, 2011
Just a few days or weeks before this crime, there was a very active thread on here about this same guy (same thread name - just lower case letters for his name). Most of the posts were not complimentary at all. Then the crime occurred for which he is now convicted.

If I recall correctly, this guy lived near his elderly female victim. She may have recognized him (not exactly opening the door for a stranger). Another neighbor who detected the fire and helped preserve evidence (by getting the deceased victim out before she burned up) is to be commended. This might have been more complicated to solve, were it not for those actions that terrible night.

IMO, there is NO excuse for what happened to the true victim - an elderly woman who was needlessly killed.
oh me

United States

#13 Oct 20, 2011
I am jacksons niece and I must say my aunt was a fine person she was more then my aunt she was the mom I didn't have she also was my dad cause my dad has never cared about me from day one. In court well I was the 10th family member to be spoke about with tears falling to the floor I hung in there I have forgiven mickey dispite of what he has taken from me and my family. What I don't know is why I started crying when the judge told mickey his freedom was over! Then as the trial went on I knew why I was crying so it was because a young lady was going to be without her dad and that I must say got to me the worse! This child will have to deal with this and people rubbing it in her face bless her heart when I got in the main lobby of the court house I went up to this child and told her to hold her head up high and don't think I didn't cry at this point cause I did my heart goes out to you young lady please rember what I said to you! God bless you hang in there live your life you didn't do anything wrong!
oh me

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2011
I will see her in heaven again she's waiting on me and the rest of us who are on our way to heaven
oh me

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2011
Well here it is Dec 29 2011 I woke today thinking today was a year that my aunt was taken home to heaven I must say I had a hard time dealing with this only to realize this eveing it is only DEC she left us on JAN 29 2011 wow I miss her so much! I know she is in a better place and I will see her one day soon . Its tough I have ask god to help me to forgive mickey and I know god is doing his job I feel like I have forgive mickey but I just miss her! We are talking about a lady who traveled across many states to make sure I was ok! Were talking about a woman who would send me christmas cards when my own dad does not this year I looked for a christmas card and there was none to be found not even from my own dad who sent my cusins and aunts a card! If my aunt was here she would say I don't know what's wrong with your dad but you always have me ! WOW R.I.P I will see you when god is ready to bring me home! I love you and miss you so much!
pissed

United States

#16 Feb 18, 2012
well wrote:
Why don't you STFU! You don' t know anything. Mickey went through a lot.
pissed

United States

#17 Feb 18, 2012
hello people wrote:
<quoted text>
Did this guy see combat??????
YES, he did 3 times!!!

Since: Aug 08

United States

#18 Feb 18, 2012
There are millions of soldiers that have seen combat including my father who was a silver star WWII veteran they don't kill people, that is a cop out. Don't run down veterans by blaming this on combat
nurse

Kingsport, TN

#19 Apr 7, 2012
Mickey Fletcher is where he deserves to be. He was offered many many opportunities to get off the drugs, but HE choose to do illegal drugs. The service did not make him do any of this. He would leave the hospital (AMA) against medical advice numerous times. He lied to his counselors, nurses & doctors.
oh me

Socorro, NM

#20 Sep 30, 2012
Here I am with thoughts of this on my mind . I miss her so much! Ill see her when I get to heaven. If she could hear me I would say this to her I love you and miss you,I'm so lost without you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jarred courtney 32 min pudding tame 3
What's up with our Juvenile Judges 1 hr Hmmmm 39
Sam Dong Supervision lol 2 hr Boss Man 25
Lieing Leon arnold 4 hr Trouble 4
Broken 16 hr Father Time 24
Wreck this morning 16 hr Jamie 24
The judge 16 hr Jamie 14

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance