What is Rogersville's top news story ...

Since: Jul 08

Rogersville,TN

#121 May 31, 2009
Kaitlen wrote:
I was not alive when this happened but I have heard about it. Do you really think that the man who went to trial for this murders was really guilty?
After researching this thing fairly extensively a little over a year ago,it is my own opinion that yes,most likely he was guilty but all of the evidence was pretty much circumstantial as no one actually saw him do it and the gun was never found,and he had a better than average attorney who was good about drawing attention away from his client that left reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury in his third trial.
Newbaum

Sweetwater, TN

#122 May 31, 2009
moonshinegrrl wrote:
Thanks for the info, I knew a TBI agent was mentioned but I have slept since then. I talked to the lady that bought the cabin she said the realtor didn't mention its history, that after about a year a neighbor asked her if she had any strange goings on and told her what happened.
Moonshinegrrl,

If the woman you know who owns the cabin is interested,tell her I can hook her up with copies of all the old Kingsport Times and Rogersville review news coverage stoiries from when it all happened back in 1981. If so contact me at [email protected]
moonshinegrrl

Columbia, TN

#123 May 31, 2009
I don't think I have ever ran across this Jordan guy and I am glad of it. How old would he be now?
Newbaum

Sweetwater, TN

#124 May 31, 2009
moonshinegrrl wrote:
I don't think I have ever ran across this Jordan guy and I am glad of it. How old would he be now?
He was 25 or 26 at the time of the murders so he would be in his early 50 's now.

Since: Aug 08

Columbia, TN

#125 May 31, 2009
I don't really know her I was a cashier and saw her address on a check and ask her how far was that from the cabin. She said not far I think she had built a house behind it or something and her daughter lived in the cabin. She said her daughter had been telling her she "felt" something weird, then the neighbor told them the story. She wasn't too happy with the realtor, even though she would have bought it anyway.
Newbaum

Sweetwater, TN

#126 May 31, 2009
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
I don't really know her I was a cashier and saw her address on a check and ask her how far was that from the cabin. She said not far I think she had built a house behind it or something and her daughter lived in the cabin. She said her daughter had been telling her she "felt" something weird, then the neighbor told them the story. She wasn't too happy with the realtor, even though she would have bought it anyway.
Don't know if you have ever seen this but it is a story that ran in the Review back in 2000.
Couple haunts home where they were killed
By MICHAEL FROST
For centuries, controversial stories of ghosts returning from the dead and appearing before the living have been passed down through generations.
It has long been told of a rural log home on Longs Bend Road haunted by the apparitions of a young couple mysteriously killed there nearly 20 years ago.
As reported in The Rogersville Review in July, 1981, Andrew and Pamela Harrison were natives of Pennsylvania and had moved to Surgoinsville in the late 70s. They were remodeling the log home where their lives were abruptly ended one day by a “coldhearted killer.”
It was late one Tuesday evening during the summer of 1981 when Andy was seen walking the streets of the neighborhood calling for his wife, who had mysteriously disappeared.
That night, a neighbor reported seeing Andy walking up the road with a stranger. Andy called to the neighbors from the road and asked them if they had seen his wife, Pam.
“No,” the neighbor replied.
“Well, I guess she’s among the missing,” Andy said.
That was the last time Andy was seen — at least the last time he was seen alive.
Andy, age 28, was employed as a driver for Pepsi-Cola Company in Johnson City. Pam, age 27, worked for a Kingsport Holiday Inn.
After that evening, neither Andy nor Pam showed up for work the following days.
By Friday, Pam’s worried fellow employees contacted the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and FBI agents were sent to the Harrison home.
Near midnight on that Friday, an agent approaching the house found the outside door padlocked and the residence seemingly undisturbed. It is reported the agent “noted an odor of death.”
Suspecting foul play, the agent forced his way into the home — and there he found the body of Andy Harrison lying on the floor behind the front door of the house. He had died from a single shot to the head. His body was covered with clothing, some still on hangers.

(Continued in next post)>>>>>>
Newbaum

Sweetwater, TN

#127 May 31, 2009
Just as Andy had fruitlessly searched for his missing wife, investigators found no trace of Pam.
Detectives scrambled to find her in hopes to uncover a motive for this bizarre killing.
The next morning, a first-shift officer reported to duty at the crime scene. As he walked around the house, he noticed a five by ten concrete septic tank which had never been used for its intended purpose. Inside, he made a gruesome discovery. Stuffed in the dry cistern was the body of Pam Harrison wrapped in a blanket. She had been shot in the head.
Investigators worked round the clock trying to find answers, interviewing persons associated with the Harrisons and hoping the case would simplify itself.
Even though a suspect was arrested in the double killing, reports indicate he was never convicted of murder.
Several local folks recall the disturbing story of the Harrison deaths and the mystery that surrounds the incident — but it is the story of a local woman’s late-night experience outside the cabin that makes the tale even more intriguing.
As reported in The Rogersville Review in an October 1984 issue, Janie Rimer saw what she believes was the ghost of Andrew Harrison late one summer night while walking along Longs Bend Road.
The ghost appeared not to frighten Ms. Rimer, but to send her a message.
It was a little after 10 p.m. one July night in 1984 when Ms. Rimer, who lived with her husband near the Harrison home, was taking a walk with her two daughters, a grandchild and a neighbor’s child.
Enjoying the warm night air as they casually strolled along together, they neared the log cabin that had once been the Harrisons’ home.
The cabin had stood empty since the killings. There had been no inhabitants and no electricity. Yet, that night, as Ms. Rimer and her daughters neared the cabin, they noticed a small, glowing light radiating from inside the cabin.
Startled, the women and children watched as the light expanded until the house was a brilliant, incredible glow, a sharp contrast against the black night.
They stood and watched, shocked and stunned. Just as they started to hurry away, Ms. Rimer saw a figure of a man on the front porch.
The man stood there quietly, watching and waiting. He was wearing a Pepsi-Cola company uniform.
Ms. Rimer recognized the man as Andy, dressed as he had been the night she last saw him — the night he was shot and killed.
She was not afraid, but yet she was unable to speak.
Suddenly, one of the girls screamed, the light faded and the figure of Andrew Harrison disappeared. The house was once again dark and still.
Several families have lived in the house since the reports of the killings and the stories of the ghost sighting.
It is said that one family who lived there in the late 80s experienced strange events in the house, one such event being a mysterious self-burning fire in the wood stove. Flames would suddenly ignite and the fire seemed to stoke itself, the prior owners have told.
It is said that another person who lived in the house reports seeing Pamela’s reflection in bath water.
The current owner of the house, Jane Turner, reports hearing footsteps through the hall at night and has noticed that her cat often hides in fear beneath the bed. Turner says doors often slam by themselves. The blood stain on the floor where Andy was found shows through, even though it has been covered with plywood, tar paper and oak flooring, she said.
As for Mr. and Ms. Rimer, they have moved away from the area.
Ms. Rimer said at the time, she wanted badly to speak to Andy that night, and she felt he wanted to speak to her. She said she believed Andy had something to say.
Perhaps he appeared to thank her and let her know she had done all that she could. After all, she had been a key witness for the state in the trials where the accused killer had been acquitted.
Waldo

Johnson City, TN

#128 May 31, 2009
those bones wrote:
<quoted text>hey WALDO shouldn't you be ona papaer map at PIZZA HUT...and for the record it is GOP not GOB...if you would bother reading and bother openning your eyes perhaps you would see it also
Well jackass it is GOB as in Good Old Boys. The people who everyone blames the town and county's downfalls on. So open your eyes, take the Pizza Hut paper map and stick it in your candy ass. That feeling you are having right now as you read this is the ignorance building up inside you.

Columbia, TN

#129 May 31, 2009
I bet that was her I quit that job in 02. Interesting story. I am very curious about things like that if I had known about the blood stain I would have tried to get to see it. It is so shocking to see something "unusal" like Mrs Rimer did too bad she just didn't blurt out what she wanted to say.
Newbaum

Sweetwater, TN

#130 May 31, 2009
moonshinegrrl420 wrote:
I bet that was her I quit that job in 02. Interesting story. I am very curious about things like that if I had known about the blood stain I would have tried to get to see it. It is so shocking to see something "unusal" like Mrs Rimer did too bad she just didn't blurt out what she wanted to say.
I don't know how true the whole ghost angle is on this but Mrs. Rimer who lived across the road and who was the witness who led them to Jordan after seeing his car depart the scene almost imediately after she heard a shot that night was pretty torn up over the whole thing. Supposedly she was very close to the couple and was like a mother figure to them since they had first moved into the cabin in 79 I believe it was. The poor woman got drug through three trials trying to get this guy convicted and was even supposedly shot at while hanging laundry right before the first trial started and then the guy goes free.
Concerned

Nashville, TN

#131 Dec 1, 2009
Bulldog wrote:
How about the one where the Police Dept. claimed the woman committed suicide but the autopsy showed no signs of the drugs in her system and the wounds were made postmortem?
Do you remember the name of the woman? This sounds like another case I heard about and I wondered if it might be the same one
wonder

Church Hill, VA

#132 Dec 2, 2009
Bob Christian the bail bondsman bought and lived in that cabin after those people were killed the Harrisons. He and his first wife and I think they had a son lived there several years don't remember them telling any ghost stories. I used to talk to his first wife but she moved off years ago.
So sadd

AOL

#133 Dec 2, 2009
UnFoRgIvEnToO wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there and had to work this case too. Remember the news the other day where the man beat the demons out of the 2 1/2 year old? Well, the guy in the Trexler case just beat this child to death because he wouldn't stop crying. I even think he was a boyfriend and mom was at work. Well, I guess after you'd been thrown up against a few walls, stomped and you were swung around so much by the legs or arms that your joints seperated, I guess you would cry too. He had no defenses. He was just a baby. I'll never forget LifeStar coming in and flying him to Knoxville. His tiny body was covered with a sheet. You could tell they were carrying an infant on the stretcher. It was really sad. I think there is a Dog Wood tree planted at the Clay-Kenner House in his memory.
i will never forget the day when i had heard this terrifying news from my aunt,she said that little scotty had been burnt with cigarettes also,and this bad guy had took eyebrow tweezers and had pulled the raw skin off of each burn on that he made on its little body,what a sad,and tearfull day for all of us to hear,and read about this.still breaks my heart still today just to even think about it,and to just imagine of what all this little fellor went thru before its death.
Never will forget

AOL

#134 Dec 2, 2009
On nov-17-07 on a cold saturday morn and there had been a trailer fire not too far from us,the owner would not let them put it out due to they knew there was a body in there.and also to cover up her grand-son,and others from being jailed.i remember reading the news paper this young man that was with this one that had burned up "well his family lied saying that no-one had even been on that premises,and than later the mother of the live son had felt guilty and called the police dept back,and retold the truth saying yes her son,and this other young man had been there that night.and the other family got very worried,and wondered of their missin son and they called the police back to do a search for their young only 24 year old son,but the owner of the property said no,so the police had to get a search warrant and go over the owners head and do the search,and while the search was on,the father of this son was the first one to find his sons body:( Burnt up so badly that they had to use the dental records to identify this young mans name.and to beat it all thru this it took over 15 hours to find this body.if only they had told the truth the start with,and helped him out of the trailer he would have been alive today,and O How they could have saved so much less tears,and heart-aches for this Sons family to live with everyday for the rest of their lives.Oh well this is what lies,and covering up for someone will do? O what ashame,and how cruel can some people can get? but there is a payday tho for people like this.
town

United States

#135 Dec 2, 2009
What about the Missing Man, I believe they found his car on Goshen Valley Road. I can't remember his name , but I recall seeing the posters. I have always mourned for his mother.

Murfreesboro, TN

#136 Dec 2, 2009
His name was Brent Patterson.
Full of it

Kingsport, TN

#137 Dec 2, 2009
So sadd wrote:
<quoted text>
i will never forget the day when i had heard this terrifying news from my aunt,she said that little scotty had been burnt with cigarettes also,and this bad guy had took eyebrow tweezers and had pulled the raw skin off of each burn on that he made on its little body,what a sad,and tearfull day for all of us to hear,and read about this.still breaks my heart still today just to even think about it,and to just imagine of what all this little fellor went thru before its death.
And to top it off the guy who did it is set to be released from prison here in a few years. Not paroled......but released when his sentence ends.

Clarksville, TN

#138 Jan 20, 2010
Full of it wrote:
<quoted text>
And to top it off the guy who did it is set to be released from prison here in a few years. Not paroled......but released when his sentence ends.
Look on the website FindACase read the documents about the case STATE OF TENNESSEE V KERRY PHILIP BOWERS it is horrible what happened to the little boy. There can be no excuse for the "mom" looking the other way and letting that happen. But from the looks of it she living happily ever after
info

United States

#139 Jan 20, 2010
what about the dead man that was found in the back seat of a burned out car on 11w, late 80's early 90's I think it was that this happened. never heard any more??
wondering

Johnson City, TN

#140 Jan 20, 2010
UnFoRgIvEnToO wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, I worked this case during all three trials and the MURDERER was finally aquitted. DNA evidence was just becoming popular and I think it was hard for juries to understand it. It was hard for me to understand then what I know would have convicted him now. I still have all of the notes, ect., that I took about all of this. It was the Harrison Double Murder. Andrew and Pamela Harrison. I don't recall her being dead a week. If memory serves me correct, she didn't show up for work one day. Later that same evening, the killer shows up at the Harrison's house, knowing Andy would be looking for Pam. Her car was still home. The killer even offered to help Andy look for Pam, and drove him around the area in his own ((the killers)) car. They got back to the house and then the chicken-shyt shot Andy in the back of the head. All the while knowing that he had taken Pam's lifeless body and stuffed it in a systrine ((sp)) tank in the back yard. We went out there to do some "investigating" and before I realized it, I was standing on that concrete tank. Gave me the willies. I think by the time the TBI agent found Andy's body, they had been dead a couple of days. Andy worked for Pepsi Cola and they say to this day, the Pepsi Cola emblem on the back of his workshirt is imprinted in blood on the wooden floor where he was killed. Heck, I even heard they replaced the floor and IT'S STILL THERE!!!!
I remember that case. I moved away never knew if they found out who did it. Since you worked it was the case ever closed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stacey ann (Sep '14) 1 hr ridiculous 8
Roadblock 3 hr Bob 1
Wheel Tax - About Time 4 hr hey hey hey 19
June 2017 BMA Election 4 hr hmmmm 20
Steve Starns wants tax increase (Jul '14) 5 hr TV Reporter 29
KaraLyn thompson 6 hr drug hater 1
Robbie Hobbs 7 hr Just curious 1

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance