Do you support background checks for ...

Do you support background checks for all gun sales?

Created by Doctor_Love on Feb 4, 2013

1,001 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

moment

Talbott, TN

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Yes, that is a stupid question! Do you want some freak buying a gun?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Do You Know What's on Your Background Check?

Location hidden

#3 Feb 4, 2013
LaPierre rejects notion that most NRA members support background checks for all gun!

Location hidden

#4 Feb 4, 2013
domestic abuse?
Frank Adams

Chatsworth, GA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
What it boils down to is whether you believe the federal government has a right to monitor, authorize and charge fees on private party person to person sales of private property.

Having established this right of control, there's no reason to stop at guns.
Yo Mama Obama

United States

#6 Feb 5, 2013
Frank Adams wrote:
What it boils down to is whether you believe the federal government has a right to monitor, authorize and charge fees on private party person to person sales of private property.
Having established this right of control, there's no reason to stop at guns.
My campaign has just began. By the time the media follows me around the country promoting gun control, we will have everybody begging us to protect them from themselves. And be assured our control won't stop at guns.( remember it's now "legal" for me to have citizens murdered that I deem to be a threat to national security). Are you a threat Frank?

Praise Allah (you can run but you can't hide)
willy

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2013
If Obama's plan was enacted the result would be an explosion of black market sales of guns. What happened when Prohibition of alcohol was the law?
The result was the Mafia and other organized crime. Our elected officials should consider possible negative consequences of their actions.
question

Johnson City, TN

#8 Feb 7, 2013
They don't allow citizens to own rocket propelled anythings, either.

Is there a large black market out there for rocket propelled anythings among the US citizenry?
Just Me

United States

#9 Feb 7, 2013
There are people out there that shouldn't have a gun. But there are people out there that shouldn"t have a car or have a drink. They don't need to have one but they have the right to. It boils down to we trust the government to control this. They have such a great track record. Look at SS, Medicare, and the Post Office. They can't pass a balanced budget so HOW in the world do we trust them to determine who has guns and who doesn't.
LMAO

Sevierville, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2013
We shall no longer allow any "ILLEGAL" guns in America. Don't get your panties in a bunch guys, from now on they will all be "UNDOCUMENTED". This will allow you to keep your guns with out law enforcement bothering you. Laws will not be enforced on anything "undocumented" by the feds or any other agency ,just ask Obama.
info 4 u

Johnson City, TN

#11 Feb 8, 2013
They can own a car, but taking that car onto public roads is a privilege, not a right.

Yes, they can have a drink. But there is a shiitload of laws that say you can't have that drink and then get into your car.
Old Man

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2013
question wrote:
They don't allow citizens to own rocket propelled anythings, either.
Is there a large black market out there for rocket propelled anythings among the US citizenry?
Market forces are controlled by demand and if there was a demand for RPGs they would be readily available on the black market just like heroin ,machine guns ,meth ,handguns in Chicago ,all contraband in prisons ,missiles on the international market,and all kinds of counterfeit merchandise. The market(legal or "black") controls all commerce even with governments trying to have total control. The market is like a flowing river , you can dam it or divert it ,but no matter what you do the river eventually finds a way to flow downstream ,such is the market
Just Me

United States

#13 Feb 8, 2013
To info 4 u. There are 51 laws on the books on guns and purchases of guns. If we don't enforce these, 51 more won't make a difference. Would we not be better off enforcing these laws than making new laws that will not address the problem? None of the new laws would have prevented the last tragidy.
Yo Mama Obama

United States

#15 Feb 11, 2013
These background checks are essential to the safety of our children. Once we have control of gun purchasers ,we can keep undesirable persons from purchasing firearms, like maniacs,sex offenders, tea party members and of course all extreme religion members ( Baptist, Methodist,and all other evangelical Christians )remember it's all "for the children". You can trust me to do the right thing.

Praise Allah (there can never be too many laws}
Been There

Knoxville, TN

#16 Feb 11, 2013
Yo Mama Obama wrote:
These background checks are essential to the safety of our children. Once we have control of gun purchasers ,we can keep undesirable persons from purchasing firearms, like maniacs,sex offenders, tea party members and of course all extreme religion members ( Baptist, Methodist,and all other evangelical Christians )remember it's all "for the children". You can trust me to do the right thing.
Praise Allah (there can never be too many laws}
Shut up,You are to ignorant to breath the air are walk on the ground President Obama has breathed are walked on.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Doing nothing about gun violence is not an option!
Just Me

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2013
I agree. But to think these new proposed laws will prevent these shootings is wishfull thinking. Why punish the people that have done nothing wrong. Makes no sense. Inforce the laws that we have and get and keep the crazies off the street. Most gun violence is committed by people with multiple convitions of one sort or the other. Start with if you do the crime you serve ALL your time.
Old Man

Linden, TN

#19 Feb 12, 2013
Doctor_Love wrote:
Doing nothing about gun violence is not an option!
Is your statement supposed to mean something? Have you been so influenced by the modern media that you can not think for yourself?
Doing "nothing" is always an option for anybody in any situation. Catch phrases like yours are a total waste of time and unfortunately are the only "information" a lot of voters hear.
Yes

Kingsport, TN

#20 Feb 19, 2013
i say yes!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Seal passed away 4 hr Sad days 1
Hawkins county Sargent shown drinking on Facebook? 5 hr WalMart 23
Rogersville water Department (Apr '13) 7 hr Toby 101
Who buys broken tvs (Sep '13) 10 hr Lee 227
jade henry (May '13) 12 hr Willing 9
Trump tax plan another con job 13 hr Old people 7
Remembering Trump's reaction to 9/11 Thu Pastor Bubba 16
News Crime 44 mins ago 12:22 p.m.Rogersville pediatr... Thu Dr Spek 72

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web