does anyone have info about continent...

does anyone have info about continental academy ?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
wondering

Louisville, TN

#1 Feb 17, 2010
is it true you only have until august to finish if your already
enrolled?

Since: Mar 09

Rogersville

#2 Feb 17, 2010
I have not heard that. My daughter just got done with the home schooling program through there. Is there something that I need to know? Please fill me in if you have any information. We should be getting her graduation stuff any time.
wondering

Louisville, TN

#3 Feb 17, 2010
I have been told that there losing there accreditation and if you were enrolled before 2010 your ok but you only have until august to finish.
where

Hermitage, TN

#4 Feb 18, 2010
do they have a web site?

Rogersville

#5 Feb 18, 2010
http://www.continentalacademy.com/index.html

I called the school today because my daughter is enrolled there. They stated that it must be a rumor that is going around because them losing their accreditation is news to them. I have also searched all over the internet to find any information on it and can not come up with a single source that supports them becoming unaccredited. The best place that you may get some answers is the school board office and talk with Mr. Starns, he is the one who encouraged my family to take this route with out daughter because she was sick all the time. He is very adamant that this school has ALL the accreditation that students need to get accepted and attend college. I hope this info is of help to you.

Rogersville

#6 Feb 18, 2010
sorry for the typo..he is the one who encouraged my family to take this route with OUR daughter
Simplethatsit

West Babylon, NY

#7 Feb 19, 2010
I just finished my program at Continental Academy and it was well worth it. I like the fact that they are patient and they do work with you. Its on your own pace. The rumor that the accreditation is expiring is just that a rumor. I know that they began their accreditation in 2004 because now im enrolling in College University of Phoenix. This program is the best and I would recommend this to anyone who cant attend school, who is having trouble in school or someone who wants to go back but think that they're too old.
Just a note

Kingsport, TN

#8 Feb 22, 2010
Simplethatsit wrote:
I just finished my program at Continental Academy and it was well worth it. I like the fact that they are patient and they do work with you. Its on your own pace. The rumor that the accreditation is expiring is just that a rumor. I know that they began their accreditation in 2004 because now im enrolling in College University of Phoenix. This program is the best and I would recommend this to anyone who cant attend school, who is having trouble in school or someone who wants to go back but think that they're too old.
The continental academy is accredited but it is not recognized as a tier 1 school, meaning the diploma is counted like a GED, not a regular high school diploma. The university of pheonix is not accredited through the state of Tennessee, meaning it does not belong to the Tn Board of Regents and none of their credits will transfer to any other school. I would check a little deeper into their credibility.
Joke

United States

#9 Feb 24, 2010
It's a joke!!!!!
Amused

Knoxville, TN

#10 Feb 24, 2010
University of Phoenix is not accredited in Tennessee and is very expensive. May I suggest online classes at Walters State or ETSU. Half the cost and better education.
Really

AOL

#11 Feb 24, 2010
Joke

United States

#12 Feb 24, 2010
This is how kids that are truant from school are getting out of having to attend school.These parents are allowing their kids to stay at home and not attend school, but they are teaching them along with the a computer and most don't even have an education themselves.If the school board is going to accept this, they could at least test each child after completing a grade to see if they are really learning and ready to move on or not,and avoiding going into the system.
Bored

Kingsport, TN

#13 Feb 24, 2010
It's crazy,high school is the best time of your life ,why would you want to miss that!
two cents

Seymour, TN

#14 Feb 24, 2010
to just a note there web site plainly says that it is not referred as a ged but is a diploma maybe you need to check a little deeper
Guidance Counselor

United States

#15 Feb 24, 2010
It is NOT accredited as a Tn school which means in Arizona, they may give something similiar to a Dimploma, but in TN you WILL NOT receieve a regular high school diploma OR anything close for completing their classes. You may receieve a certificate but it will not be recognized that you finished high school.
two cents wrote:
to just a note there web site plainly says that it is not referred as a ged but is a diploma maybe you need to check a little deeper
Trish

Manitowoc, WI

#16 May 20, 2010
You mean until August of 2010?
Incorrect

Kingsport, TN

#17 May 20, 2010
Guidance Counselor wrote:
It is NOT accredited as a Tn school which means in Arizona, they may give something similiar to a Dimploma, but in TN you WILL NOT receieve a regular high school diploma OR anything close for completing their classes. You may receieve a certificate but it will not be recognized that you finished high school.
<quoted text>
You are giving incorrect information I am sad to say. My sister completed Continental Academy in January and she was fully accredited with a High School diploma. She has also been accepted to college. They are no longer accredited as of January 1, 2010. If you were enrolled prior to January 1 you will fall under the old accreditation, after January 1 I advise you to look elsewhere because they are no longer accredited. But to say that it is in fact not a high school diploma is incorrect.
future nurse

Milwaukee, WI

#18 May 26, 2010
I graduated from continental academy in january of 2008, I am currently working on my GED because alot of schools do not except their diploma!
Trish

Manitowoc, WI

#19 Jun 8, 2010
Incorrect wrote:
<quoted text>You are giving incorrect information I am sad to say. My sister completed Continental Academy in January and she was fully accredited with a High School diploma. She has also been accepted to college. They are no longer accredited as of January 1, 2010. If you were enrolled prior to January 1 you will fall under the old accreditation, after January 1 I advise you to look elsewhere because they are no longer accredited. But to say that it is in fact not a high school diploma is incorrect.
You mean that if you graduated before Jan. of 2010 then your diploma is accredited not enrolled before Jan. 2010?
AGREE

United States

#20 Jun 8, 2010
Joke wrote:
This is how kids that are truant from school are getting out of having to attend school.These parents are allowing their kids to stay at home and not attend school, but they are teaching them along with the a computer and most don't even have an education themselves.If the school board is going to accept this, they could at least test each child after completing a grade to see if they are really learning and ready to move on or not,and avoiding going into the system.
KG told me her g'ma does all her tests 4 her. she is done & waitin 4 her undeserved diploma! wish i culd do that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Sells 1 hr fact 6
tiffany williams (Jan '13) 1 hr Sandra 11
Life 2 hr Wondering 19
Nark 4 hr Dr Spek 3
AR15 inventor didn't intend it for civilians (Jun '16) 11 hr pudding tame 20
House for rent 17 hr Ur nosey 8
Frenchie tom synder and melinda enix 18 hr idk the answer 10

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance