First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

United States

#22 Oct 5, 2012
Dear God wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact in point both The Cowboys and The Vikings are losers . Go Chargers ! Go RedSkins !
Wow, you truly called an entire group of children losers based on the color of their jerseys? Yes, two teams lost a game last night. But by no means are any of the children, regardless of the color of their jersey, that played in those games losers. Perhaps you were never taught, win or lose, you should always show sportsmanship to all players. If that's truly how you feel then I feel sorry for you.
Dear God

Kingsport, TN

#23 Oct 5, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you truly called an entire group of children losers based on the color of their jerseys? Yes, two teams lost a game last night. But by no means are any of the children, regardless of the color of their jersey, that played in those games losers. Perhaps you were never taught, win or lose, you should always show sportsmanship to all players. If that's truly how you feel then I feel sorry for you.
Umm pot meet kettle! I'm glad you admit the Cowboys lost as well as the Vikings. And until I turn 18 I am a child and can call whomever I want a loser! After all its what I learned by going to these games watching these parents! You know our role models! You must be one as well! Go Chargers and Go RedSkins!
Really

United States

#24 Oct 5, 2012
Dear God wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm pot meet kettle! I'm glad you admit the Cowboys lost as well as the Vikings. And until I turn 18 I am a child and can call whomever I want a loser! After all its what I learned by going to these games watching these parents! You know our role models! You must be one as well! Go Chargers and Go RedSkins!
Actually no one, including children, should call other children losers. However, since you are a child and not my child, I'll leave the parenting to your parents. Good luck to them!
Dear God

Indian Trail, NC

#26 Oct 5, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no one, including children, should call other children losers. However, since you are a child and not my child, I'll leave the parenting to your parents. Good luck to them!
Aww you keep bragging about them! So ill assume they have done a great job!
common sense

United States

#27 Oct 5, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as to not having the competence to understand why this league plays each team twice and doesn't have a 3 game season. It would be wonderful to have a number of teams so each team could play each other once. However, even with a higher number of teams some leagues choose to have teams play each other twice during the regular season, like the NFL. So yes, one team will have to play another team twice in the regular season. If both teams make it to the playoffs, oh goodness, they actually have to play a third game. Happens all the time and no team says well we won the first two and not the one that counts so technically we are Champs. You are absolutely right, "it is almost impossible to beat a good team 3 times in a row." (Thanks for the compliment.) I can say the Vikings are a good team. It's not gloating to acknowledge the Cowboys won the game that counted, the Superbowl, even if you can never admit it.
Lets just agree to disagree because we're getting no where here. The Cowboys may have won the "Super Bowl" but the best team in the league....proven 2 out of 3 times didn't win last night. So by ur legal reasons you can call ur Cowboys the champs but by obvious reasons and by common sense reasons (record, scores, pts, etc...) the Vikings are the 2012 champs. Try beating them 3 times in a row and see how that works out for you. ;)
Really

United States

#28 Oct 5, 2012
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets just agree to disagree because we're getting no where here. The Cowboys may have won the "Super Bowl" but the best team in the league....proven 2 out of 3 times didn't win last night. So by ur legal reasons you can call ur Cowboys the champs but by obvious reasons and by common sense reasons (record, scores, pts, etc...) the Vikings are the 2012 champs. Try beating them 3 times in a row and see how that works out for you. ;)
I'll be glad to agree you have difficulty acknowledging the truth when it is not what you want to hear. Did the Vikings have momentum as an undefeated team going into the final game? Absolutely...but that's why you actually have to play the game to determine a winner. As for the Cowboys beating the Vikings 3 times in a row, yes, its been done. This was not the Vikings first Superbowl game. Perhaps you have forgotten the past couple of years? Again, all of that is not relevant because each year all teams start back at zero and its how you finish the season that matters.
Disappointed

Knoxville, TN

#29 Oct 5, 2012
This talk on here by ill mannered ADULTS!! This is the reason that there is talk that there isnt even going to be a HCPWL next year!! I hope you all are happy with yourselves and can afford to play travel ball because as a parent of more than one boy in more than one league, it will be impossible to be able to travel. This will result in A LOT of boys not being able to participate in the sport of football and feed into school programs.
common sense

United States

#30 Oct 5, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>I'll be glad to agree you have difficulty acknowledging the truth when it is not what you want to hear. Did the Vikings have momentum as an undefeated team going into the final game? Absolutely...but that's why you actually have to play the game to determine a winner. As for the Cowboys beating the Vikings 3 times in a row, yes, its been done. This was not the Vikings first Superbowl game. Perhaps you have forgotten the past couple of years? Again, all of that is not relevant because each year all teams start back at zero and its how you finish the season that matters.
Past? Lol. We're tlkn about this year George Washington. Beat them 3 times in a row this year. Would not happen Like I said. U have ur Champion and I have mine. Good day
OMG

Kingsport, TN

#31 Oct 5, 2012
You know all you ppl on here calling whatever team a loser are a bunch of IDIOTS!!! These are children ppl!!!! Grow up and get a life!! Quit talking about the refs, coaches etc... Both teams played awesome!
Really

United States

#32 Oct 5, 2012
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Past? Lol. We're tlkn about this year George Washington. Beat them 3 times in a row this year. Would not happen Like I said. U have ur Champion and I have mine. Good day
Well, I'm so sure if the Vikings could move their one loss to a regular season game for a win in the championship they would in a heartbeat! Kind of sad the whole objective became winning more games against the Cowboys than actually winning the Superbowl. Curious, what if the Chargers had played the Vikings in the Superbowl and won? Would you discredit them as well because the Vikings beat them twice during the regular season?

If your answer is no, then you need to rethink having such dislike for a team, the Cowboys, that didn't do anything more than play and win a game. If your answer is yes, then you need to take a hard look at the basic fundamentals of good sportmanship. Either way, regardless of the reason for the answer, its this type of derogatory attitude that has been fatal to the program as a whole. Was it really worth destroying a whole program? Unfortunately, there are a lot of children, coming from all of the teams, that will be greatly saddened if there is not an opportunity to play next year.

So, for the children's sake, let's just agree to say good game to all.
parent

Charlotte, NC

#33 Oct 5, 2012
I want to thank all the coaches on all four teams for giving their time. But most of all I want to thank the Brooks for have the league. They spend their money and time for these kids. That is more than I would say anyone on here would do. Kids played hard, had fun, and learned a lot. Thank you all!!!!
The truth

United States

#34 Oct 5, 2012
parent wrote:
I want to thank all the coaches on all four teams for giving their time. But most of all I want to thank the Brooks for have the league. They spend their money and time for these kids. That is more than I would say anyone on here would do. Kids played hard, had fun, and learned a lot. Thank you all!!!!
I agree and i would not blame the brooks if they never give a nother dime. The waY THEY HAVE BEEN BAD MOUTH. I would like to thank them for whaT THEY HAVE already done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rogersville Parade 3 hr Local 1
fire @ mcdonald hills rogersville tn 6 hr Knoxville friend ... 19
Romas 7 hr Customer sick 9
Why is there a $1.1 Million $$ Budget for Count... 11 hr Realist 12
Carrier took Trump, Aerica for a ride 11 hr Realist 12
News Crime 15 mins ago 12:48 p.m.Former Hawkins Coun... (May '16) 11 hr Lol 24
This is why Trump won 16 hr Lol 15

Rogersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rogersville Mortgages